It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube is Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

YouTube is Dead

ipower.ning.com

12/06/08 (updated) Two days ago YouTube replaced its list of 'Most Viewed' videos on the site's 'Videos' section with a varied selection of sponsor-friendly videos that the site called 'Most Popular'. Where users normally see videos with high view-counts that have become popular due to viral spreading and community activity, we now saw videos like the new MacBook commercial that gets showcased on the 'Most Popular' #1 spot while having very low view-counts and even lower ratings. YouTube would no longer give massive exposure to its community's video productions and instead had begun tightly controlling its Videos pages to attract more sponsors and a more mainstream audience. However, hundreds of thousands of users responded and YouTube listened...

www.youtube.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Is this the end of the internet? I mean most if not all the videos of that people post on ATS are all from youtube, so what would happen if we could not find them anymore?

From the media on tv we have heard time and time again, that there are certain people that want the internet to be regulated. There was even a plan on the Athenewin youtube channel that talked about a subscription to the internet that people would have to pay for, and they would get basic channels like cnn.com, youtube...but i bet ats would be shut down!

just watch this

www.youtube.com...

ipower.ning.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The second video you posted a link for is already unavaliable 15 minutes after you logged off.
The internet is the last freedom we have without it this world they created truly is a prison.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Or not!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, if you ask me this just means that YouTube has screwed themselves. There are other websites like YouTube that allow you to post your own videos, many which do not censor anything. It's not the end of the internet but possibly the end of YouTube, people will just go elsewhere, that's the beauty of the internet.

They will never be able to control the internet because "they" don't even know how to run it, they still think it's a series of tubes and wires. The internet is really nothing more than a massive computer network like you'd find in an office. If the government decides they want to control the net then the nerd powers that be will just create another one.

Personally, I think we could stand to clear a lot of the rabble off the net anyways.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Good thing they got it reversed, though I have one reservation:

The popularity list gets manipulated anyway, massively popular video's get pulled off, meaningless video's get massive views, close to no ratings.

They most likely backed off cause they realized they could still do this, while maintaining the front of it being by the people, for the people..

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I remember during election times they froze the ron paul video viewing figures for months so obama would be top slot...shouldn't have sold their soul to google...but yes no big deal,the only way to truly censor the internet is to shut it down,users will go elsewhere eventually...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I just went to it and tried typing in the name of a video I liked, it still works. You still get the related videos on the side and can still access your account and lists. So I don't know, its not broken yet.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I to just went there & it was all posted videos some, denouncing the so called death of You Tube rights. No Popular vids in sight actually just posted ones ranting against this You Tube thing. Holy Internet Batman!!!!! could some of the ATS ranting whore hounds be wrong?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The only thing I ever worry about with You Tube is that Paul McCartney Ringo Starr MIck Jagger & Keith Richards will get their collective panties in a wad & have them take all the related Bootlegs down. I never post much here because I just come here for the UFO stuff, it seems that all the other stuff here is quelled by time usually in a matter of days. Now if you will excuse me I have a Chem Trail fixin to eminate from my ass.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
YouTube is a business. It needs to make money.

TV is dead. Or, at least as we know it with commercial breaks.

Like newspapers, they too are feeling the pinch.

Branded entertainment is the way forward.

Music vids, game shows, variety shows (like Idol, Model, Talent) gain huge followings because they represent everything that was wrong with TV - mediocrity. But they pull the numbers. And when matched against Google Analytics - style reading of the demographics watching it, it creates an alluring targeted package to present towards advertisers.

Should Google go ahead and implement it's TV goals, then the Yube will be dead.

news.slashdot.org.../11/22/2252210&from=rss

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There are quite a few other video sites I will not name here just search for them, Youtube has been dead since Google brought them in the sense of being there for the users.

Once a major company buys a company you should just kiss the company goodbye for that point on the company will be able profits first and foremost and everything else like consumers/users second and will never be the same.

Look at myspace before it was attached to news corp and signed a deal with google for search it was completly different the same can be said for when a company goes public too once the creators have limited or no control it goes down hill.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by kvaniu]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What do you guys expect with Google at the steering wheel? I'm surprised they haven't tried to start their own country yet.

BTW I think Google is a huge problem bubbling and brewing and one day it will explode and smother you all.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
Is this the end of the internet? I mean most if not all the videos of that people post on ATS are all from youtube, so what would happen if we could not find them anymore?

Are you kidding me!? If YouTube do away with certain kind of videos, it doesn't really matter, cuz those videos don't meet with ATS rules anyway, as I found out when I once clicked U2U.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If there was no youtube the world would still turn.

I agree though, it has gone downhill fast in the last few weeks.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

A lot of movies made by activists get deleted nowadays, as well, with the account that posted them being banned.

There was a thread about that not long ago on ATS, I'm sure it's easy to find with search.

It's really not realistic to pile all video's that get deleted on the offensive materials list. a couple of those had made most popular several times after being pulled off again.

I bet most of the stuff that gets talked about on ATS has some sort of documentary on youtube or video.google , and they are becoming more and more targetted for deletion.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Bad stuff on the youtueb front...and what about the fact that they are /are planning to implement to a policy that demotes any video that contains swearing on it off the top lists?

This video outlines it (its not mine, by the way....) At the very least its food for thought. But lest face it there'll always be something else that becomes popular in the same way out of the various alternative sites.

Wayne...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I must say that I don't really care much. I don't frequent Youtube default pages. I'm either referred there or go there specifically looking for something. How they structure things as "most viewed" or "most popular" or whatever makes little difference to me. And as others have mentioned ... there are other places to post videos and to look for videos.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Resinveins]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Imagine that, a mega-company wanting to try an experiment to gage the publics reaction to an attempt at greater marketing exposure, who woulda thunkit?
Did they not know it would create a ruckus? Companies like google have meetings about stuff like this, stunts to try to gage the response of the people out there. Even if the change did not work, it drove even more masses to the website no doubt, to see the ads.

Controversy sells, and there is no such thing as bad publicity, only good exposure.
Lately I have noticed embedded links within video's, I see the smoke from the ember, google wants to milk this a bit harder for revenue, but, so long as it keeps to it's roots and does not pander to the advertisers that would be good.
If not, vote with your keyboard, go elsewhere.

Viral video, I'd like to see that happen to one of my video's

www.youtube.com...

If you need to know how to give a cat a pill, watch it, and the laser...WATCH OUT!
(and rate it please)
I'd really like to see this vid rise from stagnation, this would be my own experiment (and a shameless plug)
Would a couple extra stars get me more views?
Or vice versa?

*thinks to self*
(Hmmm,...Maybe I should shut up and stop promoting myself, but, I don't care, I am sleep deprived and ramping up beer consumption, so there, I'm posting it, ha!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phatcat
reply to post by stander

A lot of movies made by activists get deleted nowadays, as well, with the account that posted them being banned.

There was a thread about that not long ago on ATS, I'm sure it's easy to find with search.

It's really not realistic to pile all video's that get deleted on the offensive materials list. a couple of those had made most popular several times after being pulled off again.

I bet most of the stuff that gets talked about on ATS has some sort of documentary on youtube or video.google , and they are becoming more and more targetted for deletion.

Phatcat, you are talking to a wrong guy.

Really, you are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join