It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WAS THERE! ... 9 Days I Was Eyewitness In Thailand Airports! ... And Only Foreigner... (VID, PICS)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hello my friends, after a while!

I AM STILL ALIVE...

I spend incredible moments, maybe most excitement week of my life in Thailand Airports, Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang. I think that I was sitting with you guys here in evening when everything changed, and I saw news about demonstrations in Thailand airports... Time was 22.15 at 24.11.2008.

In 23.30 same evening I read from Bangkok Post that there were shooting in Suvarnabhumi, at 0.00 I made my decisission, woke up my wife, and gear up my things. I live in middle Thailand, but that was no excuse me not to drive my truck to Bangkok fast as I could, following a loud voice from my heart... I was there at 03.00 in the night. Only foreigner in protestors barricades that first night at Suvarnabhumi.

Then start my nine days of great experience. I report to my home country all events, I saw my self a Neutral messenger from foreign country, and as lonely active human shield... There was family peoples, childrens, old people... But then I witness 5 shootings and 3 grenade attacks towards them, one hits really near me in Don Muaeng, where I was only foreigner for about 5 nights and days, without any break. Sleeping and eating with them.

I just download couple of my videos, which I record only 10 seconds after huge explosion, only 30 meters from my post at 2.12. 2008, where one was killed, and 14 injured - Look all the 7 clips which I just download to Youtube! Includes very Raw material...

Here is continue and links by time line...

Vid 2: www.youtube.com...
Vid 3: www.youtube.com...
Vid 4: www.youtube.com...
Vid 5: www.youtube.com...
Vid 6: www.youtube.com...
Vid 7: www.youtube.com...

Just notice how fast injured gets medical treatment, and how fast they are in ambulances. A small evidence how well everything was prepared and managed over there. Notice also how calm everybody is acting, even there was no proof or knowledge, when next grenade will blow, and where.

COUNTER ATTACK BY PAD TOWARD POLICE IN SUVARNABHUMI

Also i was witnessing great counter attack by demonstrators toward police, at saturday when they try to come near Suvarnabhumi Airport. They had no chance when thousands of demonstrators counterattack them right away, over 5 km away from their fortress, and police retreat, and never came back... Feeling and spirit with fighters in that attack was totally fearless and brave!

And a next one...

There are more videos already in youtube, at my channel.

Sorry you guys, and to whole world to get this material out now, couple of days late, but all my connections was blocked in Airports, after huge Virus attack to my flaptop, somebody blocking my phone connections and listening my phone... and after many sleepless night I just want to rest, when I get out from there back home. Now I am back, I am still alive, and I learn a lot! I have about 1000 pictures, 200 videos... I maybe will write a book what I just experienced.

In Thailand there are 2.8 million foreigner, but only me was keeping observers position at Don Muaeng Airport to the last morning of demonstrations. That only neutral observers responsibility was very tough to carry, really was... "Crazy Farang From Finland!"

To win demonstrations, there is nothing to do with anarchy in those, but dicipline and orders, tight plans and hierarchy. Those great Thai peoples from PAD just learn me a great lesson how to win political ground with huge demonstrators...

Attack is always the best defense, also in demonstrations.

I will to answer any questions... Also sending more material...

[edit on 6-12-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
great stuff

Must have been a great adrenline rush indeed.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I want to say, I love Thailand, I was there earlier this year for over a month in May. I was there for medical reasons (uninsured) - to get needed and urgent surgery that was unaffordable here in the U.S. (U.S. $60k compared to Bangkok $6k).

In saying that, due to how long I was there for, I got to know many Thai people very well. At that time there was no unrest, but I do know on the day I was leaving (May 28th) there was an article about how the Thai people were upset that the Prime Minister had said something negative about the King. One thing I learned, is NEVER EVER say or do anything that could be taken the wrong way about the King of Thailand. You even have to treat the money with respect at all times (no wadding it up or stuffing it in your purse/pocket) due to it having the Kings picture on it.

I want to thank you for adding these videos, I would love to see more of your pictures etc. I have been following the situation in Thailand closely, due to the fact, I love the country and people very much. I really had the best medical care I have EVER had in my life in Thailand. I have to say, I am thankful I was there when I was compared to being there now.

I have a question, what is it like in Bangkok proper, do you know?
I know there have been demonstrations at the Govt. building (by the Marble Temple) - but in the area of commerce and by the Bumrungrad Hospital - are there problems around there?

Do you know if it is hard to get around Bangkok now - and are people still going to the Huge Weekend market in Bangkok?

Sorry for all the questions, I have just wondered about what the whole living situation is like in Bangkok and if movement is more restricted now?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

We can say that demonstrations was great success. I phone yesterday to one of PAD quards and asked for future events, but with his words, "now is the time for lawyers and politics..."

Everything is calm now. When we left airports, not even cigarette stumps was leaven behind, and everything was cleaned up. I think first flights was taken place in same night when we leave airports at morning...

This really was demonstration to back up the power of the king.

In friday last week prime minister ordered troops to attack demonstrators, but king ordered them to stand down, and they did... I think King save my life too!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

Yep.

First time I have been fired with live rounds. I have train many years in army, but this was true situation. I manage my nerves quite well... My task was to witness, and like you see from videos, I did my job, even I knew that any single moment there can come next grenade to hall... I keep taking video.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

We can say that demonstrations was great success. I phone yesterday to one of PAD quards and asked for future events, but with his words, "now is the time for lawyers and politics..."

Everything is calm now. When we left airports, not even cigarette stumps was leaven behind, and everything was cleaned up. I think first flights was taken place in same night when we leave airports at morning...

This really was demonstration to back up the power of the king.

In friday last week prime minister ordered troops to attack demonstrators, but king ordered them to stand down, and they did... I think King save my life too!

You answered one of my questions I have also wondered about.

I have wondered where the King was and why none of the reports about what was going on, ever mentioned the King. I am glad I am hearing the King is involved, with having the troops stand down. It is funny how the media does not mention anything regarding the King. Is the King taking a strong stance on the whole stituation now? Is he "very" involved?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Everything is fine in Bangkok. If you didn't pay attention to the news you would probably have no idea anything was happening. Business goes on as usual, although the long-term effects of the airport takeover will probably be quite detrimental to the economy.

Also, the royal family purposefully tries to stay out of most everything unless it is absolutely necessary. The King's birthday was on December 5, and he didn't give his usual speech (his son, the prince, claimed the king was not feeling well).

As for the OP (JanusFIN), I would disagree with your actions. Getting inadvertently caught up in a situation is one thing, but purposefully interjecting yourself into a dangerous situation, as exciting as it may have been, was an unnecessarily risky move.

And, although you claimed to be a "neutral observer", the tone of your posts gave me the impression that you at least feel some sympathy for the actions of the "great Thai peoples from PAD". I'm sure some of the 200,000 stranded tourist would not agree with your assessment (nor did the majority of Thai people, as shown in many polls).

The political situation in Thailand is certainly a mess, but the PAD are FAR from being in the right. The vast majority of normal Thai people were embarrassed and rightfully upset by the takeover of the airport. It's going to cost a lot of regular Thai people their jobs as well as cost the country's economy a lot of tourist dollars. Not only that, but the PAD is blatantly anti-democracy. They want to get rid of the 'one man, one vote' system and replace it with even more corrupt bureaucracy and undemocratically elected officials - hardly a viable solution in a country known for its political corruption.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

King was highly involved in this events, like in coup 2 years ago.

It was like loyalist (yellow) against democrats (reds), but loyalists (PAD) had also democratic goals, because they had evidence from vote frauds made by leading party (PPP) in last elections.

Every day has own colour...

Kings colour is yellow. (by His birthday)
Thaksin (Ousted prime minister) colour is red. (by His birthday)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm an american who used to live in thailand a few weeks ago.I can't believe this happened in Suvarnabhumi. I am so glad this didn't happen on my flight back home! Good research, and I hink it was very admiral of you to take the risk of joining the group of protesters. Thailand is a very beautiful place, but their government/ police are so corrupt its sickening.I've never seen anything like it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Teebs

I keep my self without any colour to the last moment, and still I am. When civilians are attacked by violence, there always should been a observing eye for truth, other wise history is only made by winners. Peace keeping is our duty in our country... Thailand is huge tourism country, I think it was good that they saw at least one "farang" observing there, when they fight from their future.

I keep reporting to media outlets on the ground all the time, so I had my "free press" task in the situation. I love this country, and I am not here to eat only good part from that, but also interesting to share the bad moments from it.

What I witness over there was thousands of good peoples, educated, poor, and rich... Together. All of them like a great family. I am not laying if I said I like them, I have no other experience, just good. I didnt meet any reds, even we try to find them in first days, but I felt their shots and granades...

I am living here, not hiding in here.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I'm an american who used to live in thailand a few weeks ago.I can't believe this happened in Suvarnabhumi. I am so glad this didn't happen on my flight back home! Good research, and I hink it was very admiral of you to take the risk of joining the group of protesters. Thailand is a very beautiful place, but their government/ police are so corrupt its sickening.I've never seen anything like it.

I am impressed, I was not even going to attempt to spell the airport's name though the OP was at the other airport taken. That is also why I said the main commerce area of Bangkok, because there is no way of me trying to spell any of those big streets either, and I am too lazy to get up and get one of my maps of Thailand out, to do that.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into your pics and vids, it was very interesting to see.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here are many who like to observe the sky... Watch this out!

Just when riots were in critical moment in 1.12. 2008, moon and stars show to us with great smile! I have lots of pics and videos from that incredible moment.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Pretty cool to get some direct footage. I'd imagine soon worse conditions happening in the US the next few years without any excellent means of information transfer like we have today.

You mentioned in one of your later posts that the military stood down against the king?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by socrates271]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by socrates271

Sorry If I replied wrongly...

Military stand down FOR the King, and against prime minister, who had ordered military to move against demonstrators at Friday.

King and Police keep them self loyal to the King all the way. Then court broke prime ministers party in monday, after that demonstrators choose to leave Airports when political achievements was succeed.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It was great to see the power of protest at work in Thailand.

It should prove to many of you, once and for all, that if the people of a country unite and stand up to their corrupt government, change can come.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
FIRST, thankyou for surviving this ordeal and living to tell us about it from your perspective. We will enjoy many moments watching your video's.

Question, did you have any trouble keeping your camera or did customs or any other agency attempt to take it from you?

Also during the grenade attack people seemed very calm, how did 'you' personally feel? And how are the brave people able to maintain such order in conjunction with armed forces and police? There is a lesson to be learned here.

You did and awesome job and we are proud of you.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I would like to THANK YOU JanusFIN for your courage and your good heart. I would also like to thank you for sharing this amazing story and videos with us here at AboveTopSecret.com.

Members like you make this community the best on the internet period.

We are VERY PROUD to have a member like you among us my man!

Springer...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I have a question, everyone staying laying down, were they told to do that? or was it just something they all did that was part of the demonstration? I find it interesting if someone did walk somewhere, as soon as they got to a spot they kneeled and then all the others stayed laying down.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wow, thank you so much for sharing.

Did you meet anyone with any interesting stories to tell about the political climate in Thailand?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join