It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Life on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
In response the this thread : "Ancient Extra Terrestrials. I thought I might share this video that I recently found on youtube.

This video makes an interesting point on how we may not be alone. I believe we also launched a satellite to a comet not to long ago, correct me if I'm wrong. I wander what type of data was reported back.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That makes about the most sense I've ever heard, on how life came to be. Similiar to how we work with the semen penitrating the egg.(Red rain sperm, and earth is the egg). Cool thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Red Rain, Panspermia, why did you start a new thread? Why not just add this to the existing thread mentioned in your OP?

Now that you have introduced this wonderful History channel presentation I certainly hope you follow the links it provides and continue with this potentially incredible thread.

What was once far fetched, life outside our own planet is now an accepted base fact of how the solar system gets seeded with life.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Or it could be:
"Official report
Initially the Centre for Earth Science Studies (CESS) had said that the cause of the red rain was an exploding meteor, which had dispersed about 1,000 kg (around one ton) of material. A few days later, when the red rain continued to fall, CESS retracted this. (Debris from a meteor would not have continued to fall in the same area; it would have been dispersed by winds.) CESS and the Tropical Botanical Garden and Research Institute (TBGRI) jointly issued a statement that the particles colouring the rainwater were some type of spore.[17] Then in November 2001, commissioned by the Government of India's Department of Science & Technology, the CESS and TBGRI released a report[5] which concluded that:

The colour was found to be due to the presence of a large amount of spores of a lichen-forming alga belonging to the genus Trentepohlia. Field verification showed that the region had plenty of lichens. Samples of lichen taken from Changanacherry, when cultured in an algal medium, also showed the presence of the same species of algae. Both samples (from rainwater and from trees) produced the same kind of algae, indicating that the spores seen in the rainwater could most probably have come from local sources.

Although red or orange, Trentepohlia is a Chlorophyte green alga which can grow abundantly on tree bark or damp soil and rocks, but is also the photosynthetic symbiont or photobiont of many lichens, including some of those abundant on the trees in Changanacherry area.[5]

The report also stated that there was no dust of meteoric, volcanic, or desert origin present in the rainwater, and that the colour of the rainwater was not due to any dissolved gases or pollutants. The report concluded that heavy rains in Kerala in the weeks preceding the red rains could have caused the widespread growth of lichens, which had given rise to a large quantity of spores in the atmosphere.

However, it could find no satisfactory explanation for the apparently extraordinary dispersal, nor for the uptake of the spores into clouds. It noted, for example, that prior to the first red rainfall there had been almost continuous rain for a period of eight hours. CESS responded ‘‘While the cause of the colour in the rainfall has been identified, finding the answers to these questions is a challenge.’’[17]

Parts of the CESS/TBGRI report were supported by Milton Wainwright at Sheffield University, who, together with Chandra Wickramasinghe, has studied stratospheric spores.[1][18] In March 2006 he said the particles were similar in appearance to spores of a rust fungus,[19] later saying that he had confirmed their similarity to spores or algae, and found no evidence to suggest that the rain contained dust, sand, fat globules, or blood.[20]
"

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Red Rain, Panspermia, why did you start a new thread? Why not just add this to the existing thread mentioned in your OP?

Now that you have introduced this wonderful History channel presentation I certainly hope you follow the links it provides and continue with this potentially incredible thread.

What was once far fetched, life outside our own planet is now an accepted base fact of how the solar system gets seeded with life.

What are your thoughts?

I think there has always been a civilization on Mars. I also believe they are aliens from Mars who probably control everything here on Earth. I think NASA knows more then what they claim, and they've been hiding or if not detouring the truth from speculation. People are too into TRYING to believe, but are not into WHAT to believe. I just like finding awesome studies that are current to different theories that arrive in my head. It's fair to say EVERYTHING is connected together. Slowly everything is making sense to me. I only wish I can narrow it down to words.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solo954

Originally posted by antar

What are your thoughts?

I think there has always been a civilization on Mars. I also believe they are aliens from Mars who probably control everything here on Earth. I think NASA knows more then what they claim, and they've been hiding or if not detouring the truth from speculation. People are too into TRYING to believe, but are not into WHAT to believe. I just like finding awesome studies that are current to different theories that arrive in my head. It's fair to say EVERYTHING is connected together. Slowly everything is making sense to me. I only wish I can narrow it down to words.

Yes well too bad there isnta single ounce of proof to support your ludcirous notions that I tore to shreds when you tried bringing them up in the othe r Mars thread. Howeever now your taking it even a step further with the comment
" also believe they are aliens from Mars who probably control everything here on Earth"

really? and what proof is there for this? That aliens secretly rule our world? NONE. This sounds like "Battle Field Earh" a crappy hypotheis as it was a crappy movie

www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Red rain. I found several topics about it. Also I found this:

Godfrey

I want to know if there is new information..

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing and it does make alot of sence, no doubt we are not the first planet to be seeded in some way or form.

Wether this is a natural occurance is yet to be proven but it makes you think.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Just about every post I read your in there spouting your skeptical narrow minded BS all over the place, with out presenting one bit of evidence to back up your spew.

Your the most boring obnoxious skeptic I have ever come across.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
reply to post by NavalFC

Just about every post I read your in there spouting your skeptical narrow minded BS all over the place, with out presenting one bit of evidence to back up your spew.

He follows my threads everywhere I post! He's probably added everyone on ATS as a foe. He's interesting though I like to get him started sometimes.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

Oh for sure..... Seems Mr Bunkie pants is obviously scared of the unknown. I see his threads everywhere tearing everything apart. Defo on the payroll of the Government.! I dont normally comment on other peoples threads who i have never had a conversation with but this dude

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dangleb3rry

reply to post by NavalFC

Oh for sure..... Seems Mr Bunkie pants is obviously scared of the unknown. I see his threads everywhere tearing everything apart. Defo on the payroll of the Government.! I dont normally comment on other peoples threads who i have never had a conversation with but this dude

Welcome back to ATS. Now back to the thread..

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Found this:

Another scientific fraud? The red rain story reminds us of the "yellow rain" ... detected in Southeast Asia and Afghanistan during the 1970s and '80s, which supposedly showed that the Soviet Union had sprayed biological or chemical weapons on its client states. Although the samples were too old to be definitive, that claim is now largely discredited; some scientists suggested the yellow tint came from bee dung. Red rain also reminds us of the 1996 "discovery" of evidence for ancient Martian life in an Antarctic meteorite. After a massive investigation and a vigorous scientific wrangle, the claim remains unproven. Unfortunately, red rain also recalls the disastrous stem-cell flim-flam uncovered in December, 2005. Eventually, Science, the premier American scientific journal, had to yank two fraudulent articles on major stem-cell advances.

I don't know.

Edit to add source

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Solo954]

top topics

join