It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Threat to Human Fertility and Very Existence of Human Life on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
www.responsibletechnology.org...

IMMEDIATE RELEASE (November 13, 2008)

(Los Angeles, CA.) - A long-term feeding study commissioned by the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety, managed by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Health, Family and Youth, and carried out by Veterinary University Vienna, confirms genetically modified (GM) corn seriously affects reproductive health in mice. Non-GMO advocates, who have warned about this infertility link along with other health risks, now seek an immediate ban of all GM foods and GM crops to protect the health of humankind and the fertility of women around the world.

Feeding mice with genetically modified corn developed by the US-based Monsanto Corporation led to lower fertility and body weight, according to the study conducted by the University of Veterinary Medicine in Vienna. Lead author of the study Professor Zentek said, there was a direct link between the decrease in fertility and the GM diet, and that mice fed with non-GE corn reproduced more efficiently.

In the study, Austrian scientists performed several long-term feeding trials over 20 weeks with laboratory mice fed a diet containing 33% of a GM variety (NK 603 x MON 810), or a closely related non-GE variety used in many countries. Statistically significant litter size and pup weight decreases were found in the third and fourth litters in the GM-fed mice, compared to the control group.

The corn is genetically modified with genes that produce a pesticidal toxin, as well as genes that allow it to survive applications of Monsanto’s herbicide Roundup.

A book by author Jeffrey M. Smith, Genetic Roulette, distributed to members of congress last year, documents 65 serious health risks of GM products, including similar fertility problems with GM soy and GM corn: Offspring of rats fed GM soy showed a five-fold increase in mortality, lower birth weights, and the inability to reproduce. Male mice fed GM soy had damaged young sperm cells. The embryo offspring of GM soy-fed mice had altered DNA functioning. Several US farmers reported sterility or fertility problems among pigs and cows fed on GM corn varieties. Additionally, over the last two months, investigators in India have documented fertility problems, abortions, premature births, and other serious health issues, including deaths, among buffaloes fed GM cottonseed products.

The principle GM crops are soy, corn, cottonseed and canola. GM sugar from sugar beets will also be introduced before year’s end.

Mr. Smith, who is also the Executive Director of the Institute for Responsible Technology says, “GM foods are likely responsible for several negative health trends in the US. The government must impose an immediate ban on these dangerous crops.” He says, “Consumers don’t need to wait for governmental action. They can download a free Non-GMO Shopping Guide at www.HealthierEating.org.”

Monsanto press offices in the UK and USA were unable to provide a comment on the findings for journalists yesterday.

The Institute for Responsible Technology’s Campaign for Healthier Eating in America mobilizes citizens, organizations, businesses, and the media, to achieve the tipping point of consumer rejection of genetically modified foods.

The Institute educates people about the documented health risks of GMOs and provides them with healthier non-GMO product choices.

The Institute also informs policy makers and the public around the world about the impacts of GMOs on health, environment, the economy, and agriculture, and the problems associated with current research, regulation, corporate practices, and reporting.

Its really amazing the MSM hasn't picked this up... shows you how complicit they are in the order of things.. We need to start getting active and stop buying any items that may contain GMO products.. Call any companies where you suspect may have GMOS and ask .. IF it does contain it.. do not buy it.. the biggest power we have is in our wallet.. if enough corporations see that GMO is actually hurting sales... then farmers will be foreced to start using normal seeds again... and in the end Monsanto will have to come up with another scheme or go BK.. This is about our future as Human Beings.. the ability to reproduce is extremely important the future of mankind is at stake.. I beleive this is what the NWO want..This is why they have always been in eugenics..

[edit on 6-12-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
if we don't stop this.. we may be living in a children of men nightmare..

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

I read about this a couple of weeks ago.

Besides what is written......what is NOT written is the fact that there is one area of India - they now call the sucide farmers.

Those farmers of India were told to plant the GM seeds instead of their traditional seeds (they would get more produce) -

Shankara, like millions of other Indian farmers, had been promised previously unheard of harvests and income if he switched from farming with traditional seeds to planting GM seeds instead

The farmers borrowed money to buy those seeds...guess what....they did NOT produce any thing. The farmers then went into huge debt from the seeds.

The price difference is staggering: £10 for 100 grams of GM seed, compared with less than £10 for 1,000 times more traditional seeds.

One other thing about the seeds - the produce if any produced - does NOT produce more seeds, that the farmer can save to plant later.

GM seeds - makes sure that those products DON'T PROVIDE more seeds!

When crops failed in the past, farmers could still save seeds and replant them the following year.
But with GM seeds they cannot do this. That's because GM seeds contain so- called 'terminator technology', meaning that they have been genetically modified so that the resulting crops do not produce viable seeds of their own.

See links to the articles:
www.commondreams.org...

www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

there is one area alone where 150000 farmers have committed sucide!

Far from being 'magic seeds', GM pest-proof 'breeds' of cotton have been devastated by bollworms, a voracious parasite.

Nor were the farmers told that these seeds require double the amount of water. This has proved a matter of life and death.

So, one thing the articles above do not mention (by the way, you can find many more) BUT.....what is NOT mentioned is...........

who is coming in and taking over the farmland of the farmers who have either committed suicide or lost their land and everything?

I wonder if anyone looked closely....if they would find it was some "huge" corporation that is getting the land.

Again, the land issue is not mentioned, these are my own questions.

considering what is happening here with farm land and food issues.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
there was a webpage that you could put your info in and be signed to a petition. i came close to doing it but i didn't know what i was really signing up for. kinda gave me the willie's.

anyone else done that?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If you guys look into this a little further you will see that monsato is the company that started this gm and gmo mass sterilization!(sold this section to ely lilly now to try and hide it)The company employ's most of those sicko's that claim humans are a plague of the earth ("their" white papers say this not mine) and need to be wiped out! They had their vice head as the one in the FDA who kept passing all their bogus poison seed. They have known all along that these types of modification to the dna structure of plants would cause the contamination of other species.(Plants unlike humans can and do absorb the dna of other spieces; this gmo crap is all over the earth now!) Even if farmer a isnt growing the poison seeds and farmer b is farmer a's crops WILL BE CROSS CONTAMINATED! THEY KNEW THIS they also knew it would cause humans and all matter of life that came into contact with or ingested this junk to either become sterile, get poisoned or die. (guess where the bee's went...)

Monsato went into India and offered the seeds to most of those farmers for free and told them to pay them back the next year once the crops had gone to market. What has grown of the cotton has been scientifically shown to leach the over abundance of pesticides used to keep them alive into the person who is wearing the gmo cotton. The Indian people who where growing these seed realised what had been done and are killing themselves by "drinking" the poisons they where given to put on the plants as a way for them to "redeem" themselves with God! If you check the indian news releases you will see this is how they have died.

The foods are even worse they have been not only sterilizing people but also causing severe alergic reactions to all foods that are modified,(ie the whole spectrum of plant life will soon be gmo) GI track disease and on and on. Monsato also owns the rights to ALL seeds! Christ Europe wont even accept food from the USA or anyone else unless they can prove it isnt gmo, I guess they are trying to make their people feel better about this because all the scientific community now realises they have been duped. These gmo sickos did this to contaminate the food supply and the elite let it go at the expense of humanity in the hopes of making an extra buck. If their ever was a silent war this is it....

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think this should be the new thread for global famine watch (like the pre earthquake signs one) and questioningall's thread about the food raid should really be one with this one. No coments, just a clear record of events.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Good Idea, go for it.

It can be a food thread

what is happening in all areas of food:

Gosh right now I can list a few:

Gm seeds
no loans for farmers
local food co-ops being raided and shut down
U.N is now stopping food aid to the Gaza strip
people are dying in many countries due to no food aid

there is so much more. The war is now on our food. I believe those who erected the 'Georgia Guidestones' are well on to their path of making those things happen.

It is all spelled out in the Guidestones and they have implemented their ways of doing it - one of the few things left - is to get rid of 95% of the population that is on earth at this time. But the way things are going, that seems fesiable - since the food we eat will stop children from being born.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A good first step would be to require labeling of GMO foods in the US.

Most Americans have no clue that their food sources have been gradually replaced with engineered organisms:

The United States accounts for nearly two-thirds of all genetically engineered crops planted globally. U.S. farmers grow corn, cotton, soybeans, canola, squash, and papaya. Other major producers of biotech crops are Argentina and Brazil which plant soybeans; Canada, whose principal biotech crop is canola; as well as China and South Africa where the acreage of biotech cotton is increasing.

www.ens-newswire.com...

When asked, the vast majority of Americans believe GMO foods should be labeled as such:

A report funded by the USDA and conducted by Rutgers University found that 89% of the American public feels the Federal Government should require the labeling of genetically engineered foods. Only 10% felt that labeling should not be required.

www.slogefree.org...

However, the US government has completely opposed all attempts to require labeling of GMO products:

After SA [South Africa] had submitted their highly researched rationale behind the mandatory labeling of GM/GE foods, the U.S. and its allies (e.g., Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia) jumped all over them and stated that extensive research clearly supports that GM/GE foods are safe, therefore, no labeling is necessary. This is obviously not the case (as presented by SA) and delineates the inter-meshed interests and historical marriage between U.S. and large food corporations (i.e., Monsanto, who produces up to 90% of GM/GE seeds and foods). Following the overwhelming condemnation of SA's paper from the U.S. and the extra procedural requirements the U.S. pushed for because of these comments, the SA government had it subsequently withdrawn.

www.naturalnews.com...

These articles are interesting reading. The American consumer needs to be more aware, and vocal. However, given that the impetus of motivation for the public is bottlenecked by corporate-dominated media, and the interests they choose to highlight, the will of the public is not being expressed in the actions of the government.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Jeffrey Smith was on the Alex Jones Show just yesterday, and it's the first time I really found out about these things. It's really a shame that one has to turn to alternative media in order to get some real information. I guess the MSM is just too busy covering O.J.'s prison sentence. By the way, Mr Smith recommended a documentary called "The World According to Monsanto". I haven't actually seen it yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone is interested.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here is the World According to Monsanto.. shows how evil these bastards really are..

[edit on 6-12-2008 by thefreepatriot]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
look at the companies past.. and you will see the future that is in store for all of us..

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Chlidren of men was a great movie, I'm very intrigued by the subject and will have to have a further look into it although I've heard about the dangers of genetically enhanced corn for years. I just avoid corn entirely or I at least try too. Great post, I'm just gonna go through the information.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I read a great short fictional story once about the end of the world. The first line was something like "Armageddon rode in not on four horses but the wings of bees"

It started with the bees dying. Then the pollen-dependent crops started failing. Then (in a world without GMO seeds) the rest of the crops started failing and failing to produce seed. Soon after that the food wars broke out. People panicked, the government tried to take over, many people died.

Now, this was back 5,6,7 years ago I read this, but it stuck with me as being something utterly plausible. Now hearing this report about the Monsanto seeds scares me a bit. To me. there would be nothing more terrifying than knowing you don't have a future.

top topics

join