It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hating on the Police...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The hatred of authority displayed by many comes from having psychological and emotional issues that have gone unaddressed.

Not that they will ever admit that, so they project their childhood fears onto some outside source such as "the big bad policeman".

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder to everybody:

The use of derogatory terms, profanity, etc. has no place in a civil debate. If you feel you are unable to do this may I suggest that you take a break from this thread and take a look at the 1000's of other topic here at ATS till you can post with civility and decorum in this one.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

I'm sure the same was said in Germany in the 1930's.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The police are all evil pigs UNTIL...thats they key word, until.

Will you still call a policeman a pig when he raids the house of someone down your street for guns. (Coming from England, and a raid that made most of the town feel much safer)

Will you still call a policeman a pig when he arrests the perosn who has been harrasing your family for months?

Will you still call a policeman a pig when he pulls you from a burning car, even though minutes ago he was chasing risking his life on a moterway because you had broken the law?

All three above are cases either I know of personally, or have sene on the television. If you answer no to any three of the above, then your views that all policemen are filthy pigs is completely unfounded.

Remove the policeman from your country for one week and watch crime rates go through the roof. You will probaboly wake up to find you have nothing left at all in your house, it has been taken because there is nobody to stop them.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SweetRevenge
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Sure a few are bad, but you'll have that anywhere. Of course, people are so quick to judge and throw out hurtful slurs they tend to overlook the good and focus solely on the bad.

The good cops know who the bad ones are, by not speaking out against them, and arresting the bad cops where necessary, they are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Not true.

I heard an interesting, though fake story on a television drama.

A woman in the army was raped by her sergeant whilst on duty in Iraq. SHe didn't tell anyone until she became pregnant and had no choice...

Why? Because she had to serve still, and she needed to be sure the other men in her unit would cover her just as much as they always had done.

It will be similar for the police, when tackling a suspect they want to be sure their colleagues will protect them fully. I would not want to go out on that job knowing the person I rely on doesn't like me because I( ratted out some police officers who abused thei power sometimes.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

There is no excuse for it, none, zero.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I would say the fear of my own life over someone being tasered when they don't need to be is a very fair excuse.

A brief amount of pain for my life...

It is easy to say that is no excuse when you have never been in that position...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I still stand that there is no excuse for police officers to allow the corrupts ones to continue. Those that allow the continuance of corruption are just as guilty as the corrupt ones.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

So you would rather some innocent policemen die?

Or that the corrupt policeman, who are a minority continue to use force that is over excessive, but does not kill, or usually even injure.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by StevenDye]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Are there corrupt Police Officers?

You betcha

Are there corrupt General Contractors fleecing old people? I catch them all the time.

Are there corrupt Doctors selling dope/ Again, of course. I catch them.

Pedophiles? Yep.. Catch them too.

Police Officers though?

I have worked Internal Affairs and you know what I have caught Police Officers doing?

Busting into burning buildings and rescuing children and old people long before the Fire Department arrives.

Getting to an accident scene and holding the hands of a man that was trapped and dying. Just so he would not die alone.

Being the first man into the home of a notorious armed drug dealer and taking the second bullet the drug dealer fired center chest so that the man behind the police officer could survive.

Diving on a man with a gun at a High School Football game and getting shot in the leg. So that the gunman could not kill an innocent person.

Spend hours looking at the most horrific scenes you can imagine on a persons computer so that the Justice System could put that animal away and not use any more children that way. (The Officer needed intensive counseling after that)

Walk up and take the gun from a homicidal/suicidal young man instead of shooting him; so that one more person does not have to die because they are depressed.

Stand in a hail of gunfire at a Gang Shooting and protect his fellow officers until they could get to cover.

Carry the broken body of a woman from her apartment where her husband beat her so badly she died in the officers arms waiting for the ambulance.

Yeah, all of that and more I have caught these nefarious police officers doing.

Holding a grown man and unashamedly letting him cry as they carry his wife from the accident scene.

Crying in the locker room after a particularly difficult night interviewing an abused child.

Holding their hats in respect as they carry one of our own that gave his life so that others may live.

Yeah, caught them all doing that.

Everyone has a story. Those stories are particularly easy to type on here; equally easy to always blame the officer instead of taking any blame yourself.

I mean you can say you did not do anything wrong. Sure you can. Makes your case sound really bad doesn't it. But what is the truth? I can tell you what the truth is.

Something we will never know.

For everyone that condemns the police, there are 5 or 6 that owe their lives to the actions of a police officer. And we don't really want to get into the phenomenon of Internet courage now do we?

It is so very easy on here to talk the talk. Police Officers get up every day and go out and walk the walk.

Carry on with the flaming now. Just maybe it will make you feel..... what? Better? Bigger? Stronger? I don't know.

While your flaming and slamming and typing all of your postulations, there are Police Officers out there actually placing their lives on the line so that you can live peacefully.

Don't worry. We will continue to do so; no matter what you say or what you think of us.

Semper

[edit on 12/6/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

There's no excuse. If good policemen did what was necessary to get rid of the bad police, that wouldn't be even a minor issue.

They all participate. Either directly (bad police), or indirectly (good police that look the other way).

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

And then there is this....

www.reason.com...

Naw, no corrupt officers out there at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Well I feel we must disagree, I value life over brief, no lasting effects pain.

I find it rather odd that you don't. In fact I could go so far as to say that makes you as bad as the way you seem to describe these police officers...

But I wont, because I don't know you, I don't know you feelings emotions and reasoning. Just as you don't for the police officers you criticise...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The national clearance rate for all crimes is show here.

The simple fact boils down to manpower...

Just over 700K Police officers for a population in excess of 300 MILLION

However that being said, the clearance rate for "Police Internal Crimes" in the states I have worked in approaches 98%

We do Police our own.

We do however humbly apologize for NOT doing it as efficiently as YOU would like for us to.

Semper

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Naw, no corrupt officers out there at all.

I said there were corrupt Officers...

Why do you feel it necessary to "Inflame" the conversation with incorrect allegations?

If your argument is as sound as you believe it to be, there is no reason to make inaccurate comments is there?

Semper

edited for spelling

[edit on 12/6/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'll line it out for you, but I get the feeling that your a Brit, and I shouldn't have to. My grandfather lived through Nazi Germany, he ended up hiding in the Black Forest for the last three years of the war for making a comparison between Adolf Hitler, and a horses rear end... among other things. What is happening now in the United States as far as police powers go, is what happened in 1930's Germany. I will not defend illegal police actions, I will not defend corrupt police officers, and I find those that passively allow the corrupt officers to continue as guilty as the corrupt ones. Nuremberg, and the trials of Nazis after that war leave no room for excuse for participation. NONE.

So, yeah, the thread may be Godwined, but there's no other way of putting it.

Corrupt police, and the allowance of corrupt police by the so-called 'good' police make things as they are. So now, just as my grandfather experienced, I see fellow people defending the corruption.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Inaccurate comments in face of your excuses? Granted, being a police officer is a thankless job, but most jobs are. If someone wants adoration, I suggest they apply for god hood.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I think you may want to look up the past...

1930s Germany was a little bit more than creating a short period of pain which did not last. Which is what most of these 'corrupt' policeman do. I find it very hard to compare it to Nazis at all. Though as you say, I am a Brit so I don't see your policemen first hand.

But I don't need to see them first hand to disagree with comparing them to Nazis. But lets hope those Nazis come and save you when you need their help...

I should state perhaps that I am focusing on abuse of powers over those that the police arrest, mainly via tasers or beatings.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I am also focusing on abuse of power. From the organization right down to the patrol officers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join