It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Moon is Not Ours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
sometimes I forget that elusive link

what im tryin to say is there is something going on on the moon
and maybe thats why nobodys been there for a long long time

[edit on 6-12-2008 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
sometimes I forget that elusive link

what im tryin to say is there is something going on on the moon
and maybe thats why nobodys been there for almost a century

35 years = almost a century?

Damn, I'm a lot older than I thought.

Oh, there were 6 landings, not one.

[edit on 12/6/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Just to get the facts right: The last time a human being was on the moon, was during the Apollo 17 mission, which lasted from December 07-19, 1972. The two astronauts who were the last men to set foot on the moon's surface, were Gene Cernan and Harrison H. "Jack" Schmitt.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

(Should have known that Phage was going to beat me to it!)

[edit on 6/12/08 by ziggystar60]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Ah, but I did miss by 1 year. 1973 has a lot of associations for me, I get hung up on it a lot.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
So our moon's orbit is not unique, it is shared by other bodies in our solar system.

Ok well that settles that.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I was thinking of you Phage when I found this remarkable news, especially THIS comment

A cash reward of $100,000 has been offered to anyone who can send us, by e-mail, conclusive physical evidence of the existence of the moon. This reward remains unclaimed.

Are you game?

I'd sooner provide physical proof that you exist.

It seems that those guys are soliciting the sale of moon rocks. $100g is cheap. It's probably a sting operation.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage got it wrong?!

Excuse me, I think I have to go lie down for a bit... Sorry for the off-topic post, just want to say that in case I don't show up here at ATS for a couple of days, it's because I'm at the hospital getting tretment for a severe shock...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

It's ok, ziggy. The 36th anniversary of the landing has not happened yet. So technically (if not honestly) I was right.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, technically, it is December 7 here in Norway where I live, so the anniversary for the start of the Apollo 17 mission has already happened! At least for me... OK, so that was lame...

You win again.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

Originally posted by SoulExplorer
Project Camelot interviews Richard Hoagland on the moon and Mars!!

He has a wealth of knowlegde from working for NASA and brings to light some hidden truths about are moon and mars - and in piticular the famous face on the moon thats floating around the net - he is the founder of said face image, for he was the first to discover it!!

Its a 3 part interview.

Highly recommended indeed

www.projectcamelot.org...

Hoagland has been debunked to death.

please read:
www.badastronomy.com...

I disagree with your opinion. He has not been debunked as what he says is pretty darn convincing. So I will say, Hoagland has NOT been debunked. Thank you for listening to my opinion.

wZn

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

yes he has been debunked. check the links.

and if youd bother to d research youd see alot of what he says was incorrrect.
and one of he most deceitful thongs he does is add false color, like te so called Mars forest pictures, where he adds green where green wasnt in the original.
And on that as it is now Mars can not support complex life. It has barely any atmosphere, no magnetic field.

Your allowed to hold your opinoion all you want but it doesnt make it any less wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

So what you see is what you get?

Well I don't buy it for a second. I have read many other sources as well as Hoagland, and say they more or less agree with him in some way or form.

Do I want to convince you? No. That's not my mission. Do I care you don't agree with what Hoagland or the others say? Nope.

Have a good one

wZn

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

my mission is to crush the virus of ignorance and to keep it from spreading and infecting the minds of others with its delusions thus slowing the progress of mankind, as far as your statement "what you see is hat you get" I dont quite get what your trying to say, but the only ones who agree with hoaland are other like minded scientific illiterates.

Mars is not inhabited. even a elementary school student can explain why mars is dead.
There are no forests on mars now, there are no aliens on mars now.
Nothing except maybe highly simplistic life forms are able to survive on mars as it is right now. Buy thorwng your lot in with hoagland, who claims among other things, that Mars right now has lush forests on it, just goes to show how much you know about the Red planet, which to say isnt very much.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

So you've been to Mars then? Even the moon would suffice my curiosity. What ever you think you know, I bet you have just about the same mountable proof I have for my side of the argument.

You say "my mission is to crush the virus of ignorance and to keep it from spreading and infecting the minds of others with its delusions thus slowing the progress of mankind"

I'd apply this to NASA , China, Japan and now India space programs. In other words, if these are your guys, I can only dismiss your space education on twisted truths, distorted information, and lack of any real knowledge. Sorry to break it to you, but you have been had.

Keep researching though, that is what it is about.

wZn

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It seems that those guys are soliciting the sale of moon rocks. $100g is cheap. It's probably a sting operation.

I touched a chunk from the moon at the Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian. They had a guard in the room, I guess it is quite valuable.

edit: wow I just googled the value of moon rocks. Someone stole some a few years back so a court had to determine the value in the course of punishment.
They estimated it cost $50,000 per gram to retrieve it, in 1970s dollars ! Another article referred to a moon rock the size of a raisin in Honduras with a value of 5 million ! So moon rocks make diamonds look like quartz.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Schaden]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by NavalFC

So you've been to Mars then? Even the moon would suffice my curiosity. What ever you think you know, I bet you have just about the same mountable proof I have for my side of the argument.

You say "my mission is to crush the virus of ignorance and to keep it from spreading and infecting the minds of others with its delusions thus slowing the progress of mankind"

I'd apply this to NASA , China, Japan and now India space programs. In other words, if these are your guys, I can only dismiss your space education on twisted truths, distorted information, and lack of any real knowledge. Sorry to break it to you, but you have been had.

Keep researching though, that is what it is about.

wZn

NO I have never been there but through the miracle of modern astronomy both can be seen with a 2000 dollar telescope and a back yard!
and let me tell you, Mars isnt a lush green planet. And like I said before, its simple science!

I have never been to our star, SOL, either but your not going to sit here and argue that just because Ive never been to the Sun, that life may be on it are you? of course your not, because we both know ife could not sruvive their due to the conditions! The same with Mars. It doesnt take a genius to figure this out.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It feels like a century since the last moon landing...
did they honestly forget how to go to the moon cause that sounds really strange for a space agency to say

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden

I touched a chunk from the moon at the Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian. They had a guard in the room, I guess it is quite valuable.

I touched it too!

All of the moondust and rocks returned by the Apollo missions are considered National Treasures and as such are illegal for private citizens to own (or sell).

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
It feels like a century since the last moon landing...
did they honestly forget how to go to the moon cause that sounds really strange for a space agency to say

They didn't say it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
you dont see anything strange at all about the moon phage?
everything is perfectly normal and the way it should be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join