It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Moon is Not Ours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Several different structures and anomolies on the lunar surface have been photographed and posted on this site. What are those things? Those towers and spheres? Are they from nasa or from a different planet alltogether?

I just wish they would come down to earth once in a while and say hello!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The moon is strange. It could be more than a coincidence it rotates on its axis in coordination with its orbit around Earth. (same side always faces us)

There maybe aliens bases or structures up there, but I haven't seen any conclusive proof.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
The moon is strange. It could be more than a coincidence it rotates on its axis in coordination with its orbit around Earth. (same side always faces us)

Here's a nice reply to the question:

Is it purely coincidental that the moon rotates on its axis in synch with its revolution around the Earth, keeping the same face always pointed toward us?

Answer by Stephen Portz, Technology Teacher, Space Coast Middle School, FL

The Earth’s moon rotates (spins on its axis), every 27.32166 Earth days. It revolves around the Earth in the exact same period - every 27.32166 Earth days. Because of the synchronization of revolutionary and rotational periods, the same portion of the moon’s surface is always directed toward the Earth.

The phenomena of which you speak is not coincidental, and “universally” speaking, throughout the galaxy, may well be considered more typical of planet moon relationships than perhaps an anomaly.

It is fairly well understood how the gravitational interaction of the moon with our Earth is responsible for the tides on our planet. But far less recognized and understood is the gravitational effects of the Earth on the moon. The mass and speed of rotation of the Earth influence the moon in that some of its rotational energy is actually transferred to the moon. The result of this being that the moon rotation is slowed while also being placed continually into a higher orbit and thus slowing its revolution. The net effect of this gravitational relationship is that the moon’s rotation has been slowed to match its orbital period. Ironically, since the Earth is giving up some of its rotational energy to the moon, the Earth and moon will, in the far distant future, reach a synchronization of rotational periods, as Pluto and its nearer to its mass moon Charon have already done.

Many of the moons in the solar system have also reached this point of equilibrium. In Jupiter, the moons Amalthea, Thebe, Io, Ganymede, Callista, and Europa, all have identical rotational and revolutionary periods.

www.physlink.com...

There maybe aliens bases or structures up there, but I haven't seen any conclusive proof.

Same here: sadly, never seen any conclusive proof. Odd formations, strange sightings by astonauts, but far from being conclusive proof of presence of extraterrestrial civilization on the Moon.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Apollo 13 mission had a nuclear bomb on board. They wanted to test a nuke on the Moon and eject the Moon's soil into space so they could study the dust with a spectrometer.

The aliens don't want the American's back

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
The Apollo 13 mission had a nuclear bomb on board. They wanted to test a nuke on the Moon and eject the Moon's soil into space so they could study the dust with a spectrometer.

Oh right. but they don't mind the rest of us going up there yea?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There are no odd structures on the moon. You may see weird tricks of light or be able to make out pictures, But as with the mars lunacy, this is due to your brain's inate tendency to try to find familiar in the unfamiliar.

Please watch all 3 parts in this video series on the subject, which is called Pareidollia:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia

Where exactly does this theory come from? Why would they need a nuclear bomb to eject moon dust into space. Certainly, if that was anyone's goal, conventional explosives would do. Examine moon dust with a spectrometer? They brought moon dust back. They can examine it here. Seriously, I want some of what this guy is smoking.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

in space and on the moon you wouldnt even need a bomb in any form for this, a slamming a impactor hard into the moons surface would do this.

We already used the same technique to examine dust from a comet, you may have heard of the impactor probe.

Like a comet, the moon has no atmosphere and lower gravity, letting anything a impactor throws up head into space.

To say youd need a nuke is a gross over statement

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
The phenomena of which you speak is not coincidental, and “universally” speaking, throughout the galaxy, may well be considered more typical of planet moon relationships than perhaps an anomaly.

Thanks for that. Didn't realize research had been done. One question though ?
If it's "typical" and not an "anomaly", is our moon the only one in the solar system to exhibit this behavior ?

Have humans been able to observe any extra-solar system planet's moon revolution and rotation ? I thought we were just recently (past decade or two) capable of detecting extra-solar system planets.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Schaden]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Many of the moons in the solar system have also reached this point of equilibrium. In Jupiter, the moons Amalthea, Thebe, Io, Ganymede, Callista, and Europa, all have identical rotational and revolutionary periods.

www.physlink.com...

From Internos' link.

So our moon's orbit is not unique, it is shared by other bodies in our solar system.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Several different structures and anomalies on the lunar surface have been photographed and posted on this site. What are those things? Those towers and spheres? Are they from nasa or from a different planet altogether ?

I just wish they would come down to earth once in a while and say hello!

I think the moon was a craft that was pursued into 'our' galaxy by those wanting to stop whoever coming 'here'. It is artificial, and I have no proof at all apart from what I have read, studied, and listened to 'insider' speak.

Just thought I'd let you know what I think, because more of you who believe this (or something along these lines) should stop hiding what you believe in, and forget about ANY ridicule you'll get, stand tall and keep asking questions in your own communities about that round looking fascinating ball of answers. The best place to hide something is right out in the open. The moon takes the (cheese)cake in this case!

wZn

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

never seen any conclusive proof.

are you sure about that internos?
can I refresh your memory for you?...

moonship

moonship

moon house ruins

rolling objects

moon shard

I hope that helps a little

[edit on 6-12-2008 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

India just did the same to the moon. Dropped the MIP from Chandrayaan 1. Not quite the same impact but it did kick up some dust, which was the purpose.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Oh right. but they don't mind the rest of us going up there yea?

China Japans and now India have spaceships up there

Where are the pics from China?
Where are the pics from Japan

And ISRO is kinda showing crap

So NO ONE is going to the Moon

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

never seen any conclusive proof.

moonship

moonship

moon house ruins

rolling objects

moon shard

nice little patterns that you can find on the moons surface due to pareidollia isnt proof.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

This just in...

The Moon - a Propaganda Hoax

The authorities expect you to simply take at their word the absurd and unfounded story that there is a large mass orbiting the earth. Obviously we are expected to be mere sheep, going along with whatever the Thought Police would tell us. However, when one looks at THE FACTS, in an atmosphere free from bias and academic repression, one sees a very different story.

False claims retracted!

Throughout history, hundreds of absurd fables have been circulated regarding the moon. Most of these have since been discarded. For example, people used to speak about there being "a man in the moon", or about moon being made out of cheese (as recently as last year, I saw an animated film that was still promoting this latter absurdity). We rarely hear such things spoken of anymore. These fables, once asserted as true by the proponents of the moon hoax, were quietly discarded once proven absurd by revisionists. What does this tell us about the equally absurd assertions that are still being made about the moon? How can we believe anything that the Astronomically Correct establishment tells us, when they have been so obviously shown themselves prone to such intellectual dishonesty in the past? The fact that the story has exhibited such enormous variability over the years should automatically be a cause for doubt.

No one speaks anymore of Richard A. Locke, a newspaper reporter who wrote a fantastic but wholly fabricated account of discoveries on the moon falsely attributed to the English astronomer Sir John Herschel. Locke reported that Herschel, using a telescope 24 feet in diameter (!), saw fabulous bat-like creatures, living in elaborate cities on the lunar surface. No less a newspaper than the New York Sun printed these reports on its front page as its most important news story! The whole moon hoax is based on such fanciful tales. That’s why I doubt most of it.

This is really good material... I like this part...

Mathematical impossibilities

Another impossibility that has always been an embarrassment to the scientific establishment is the obvious fact that an object as heavy as the moon, caught in the earth’s gravity, would inevitably come crashing down upon us at immense speeds. Responses to this argument from the Lunarists have always been weak, and always couched in that scientific newspeak designed to confuse the sincere questioner without actually saying anything.

The establishment most often cites the work of Isaac Newton in support of its story. Newton is well known for coming up with entirely theoretical notions such as the Law of Universal Gravitation, and his more famous Laws of Motion which serve to gloss over the more obvious inconsistencies in the moon story. What he is less known for is his "extra-curricular" pursuits, which he kept quite secret during his lifetime but which have since been uncovered.

NOW were getting at the truth

www.revisionism.nl...

I was thinking of you Phage when I found this remarkable news, especially THIS comment

A cash reward of $100,000 has been offered to anyone who can send us, by e-mail, conclusive physical evidence of the existence of the moon. This reward remains unclaimed.

Are you game?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And why has nasa only been to the moon ONCE?
what are they so scared off? hmmm

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Project Camelot interviews Richard Hoagland on the moon and Mars!!

He has a wealth of knowlegde from working for NASA and brings to light some hidden truths about are moon and mars - and in piticular the famous face on the moon thats floating around the net - he is the founder of said face image, for he was the first to discover it!!

Its a 3 part interview.

Highly recommended indeed

www.projectcamelot.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

moonship

moonship

moon house ruins

rolling objects

moon shard

Thank you for "refreshing" my memory mate: by the way, could you be so kind to provide us with the original images?
Huh, no wait
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Please, tell me that the caption "moonship" is a joke: or are you trusting william ROFLMAO Rutledge, who has been proven to be a joke?

And the image that you've captioned "moon house ruins": at least, do you know what it does show? It looks like the terminal part of Hadley rille, just at some crappy resolution. Am i wrong? Do you really see some RUINS there?

And Lunar Orbiter 5, frame 168-H2 what is supposed to prove?
Ah, that boudlers can roll even on the moon; i agree while it was not necessary, it was better to have some proof:now we know that boulders may roll on Mooon surface too, LOL

This is NOT what you call some conclusive proof: this is stuff that has been beaten to death and nothing came out from it.

[edit on 7/12/2008 by internos]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulExplorer
Project Camelot interviews Richard Hoagland on the moon and Mars!!

He has a wealth of knowlegde from working for NASA and brings to light some hidden truths about are moon and mars - and in piticular the famous face on the moon thats floating around the net - he is the founder of said face image, for he was the first to discover it!!

Its a 3 part interview.

Highly recommended indeed

www.projectcamelot.org...

Hoagland has been debunked to death.

please read:
www.badastronomy.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join