It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women Go To Thailand To Pick Sex Of Baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Women Go To Thailand To Pick Sex Of Baby

news.ninemsn.com.au

Trips costing up to $10,000 are being undertaken by mothers desperate to choose the gender of their babies after the practice was overruled by the Australian Health Ethics Committee in 2004.

Doctors face jail in Victoria for assisting with sex selections, despite women attending clinics and asking for assistance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have pretty strong opinions concerning this sort of behaviour. Some may consider this a positive thing allowing parents to choose the sex of their baby, but to me it is just another case of people playing God. We should be happy that we have been blessed with children, no matter what their gender. My wife and I did not even want to know our twins' gender during her pregnancy. As far as we were concerned we were going to be happy no matter the gender outcome.

People in the so-called "First World" are really not that far removed from people in countries that dispose of children of an undesired gender in Third World nations. We just do it in a more surreptitious way.

I wonder if Victoria will have an overabundance of one particular sex in the near future?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/12/2008 by Beelzebubba]

new topics

join