It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgust At 'Lego' Terrorist Toys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Disgust At 'Lego' Terrorist Toys

news.sky.com

A range of Lego-style fighting figurines - including an Islamic terrorist militant - has sparked outrage among Muslims.

The toy mini-figures, made by American Will Chapman, includes a masked terrorist bandit with an assault rifle, grenade launcher and belt of explosives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm sick of this crap!!!

Are muslims the most friggin' fragile people on Earth???

How do they associate a plastic toy with their religious beliefs? The minifigure is dressed as a terrorist! I don't see anything that marks it as belonging to one religion or another!

It's a non-denominational terrorist! What's wrong with that???

Lego have made pirate minifigs, red-coat minifigs, NAZI minifigs (Indiana Jones), Isander minifigs, etc... All of these have held weapons in their hands and they were official Lego releases, unlike this custom made terrorist.

Muslims, why do you think that your religion is the centre of the universe and that these minifigures automatically MUST be depicting YOUR religion???

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They are not even official Legos!
Its some dude who made them!

The site advertises 31 different Lego-style weapons, weapons packs and 10 miniature militant figurines.

Other fighters in the range include World War Two troops, US marines - and a Nazi SS officer.

A spokesman for Lego UK said they were "not associated" with the toys being sold by BrickArms, "which have been customised without LEGO UK's knowledge or permission."

But I understand what you are saying

He also created other lovely characters:

Other fighters in the range include World War Two troops, US marines - and a Nazi SS officer.

Strangely, you dont hear others screaming about this!

Here is his site:

brickarms.com...

[edit on 12/5/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Did the Pacific Islanders cry with outrage that their religion was being mocked, when the Islander minifigs were holding spears and living in caves that looked like skulls? No!

Did the Native American Indians cry with outrage that their religion was being mocked, when the Wild West minifigs were holding bows, spears, etc? No!

As soon as something comes along that could possibly offend the Muslims, we're all supposed to be apologetic and use our politically correct manners to not offend their religion. It wasn't even an official Lego release!!!

It could have been a Hindu terrorist! I bet some of them wore hoods!

This world has gone to the sewers. Thanks, RELIGIONS, you've really screwed it up for the minority of people who don't care about who you pray to!!! Way to trample my rights to free speech and free play with custom Lego minifigs, if I so choose!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Is that really what he thinks of the German people!!! Shut him down, burn his stores, riot in the streets!!! I'm so tired of these people being sterotyped this way, I cant take it anymore.

Will the muslim nation please reign in their whiny "everybody is against my faith" lunatics. Its a plastic figure, wearing a headpiece. Too bad they are back ordered, I would have bought a dozen just on principal.

This really needs to end, the media needs to stop listening to this BS and as a world we need to stop being so (explecitive) PC when dealing with religion, any religion. Its okay to put up a picture of the Madonna covered in fecile matter and call it art, but as soon as one muslim gets "offended" the whole world falls apart. This is just nuts, and it needs to end now.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
...why is this even news worthy? Our economy, as well as other economies around the world, is crashing, the Constitution is being burned apart more and more every day, etc., and we're worried about...a toy?

When people start upheavals about a terrorist toy being made by somebody yet don't care when their money system is failing, there's something wrong.

EDIT: I'm not sure how Iran and other Muslim countries are doing financially, but to be worried about something this small is absurd.

[edit on 12/5/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yeah, exactly.

Are the Somali pirates going to take offense that Lego released a range of pirate minifigs in the past, all holding weapons?

How many fundy Christian groups took offense when Lego released their (demonic) wizard minifigs?

How many took offense when Lego released their armed Knight minifigs?

How many took offense when Lego released their feudal Ninja minifigs? Were they disrespecting Buddha or whoever the Ninjas pray to??? NO!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
...why is this even news worthy? Our economy, as well as other economies around the world, is crashing,

Think about the bigger picture for a second. The economy has been dragged down by the USA fighting a couple of endless, pointless wars in the Middle-East - essentially against muslims. It's a false war on terra, with faceless opponents.

the Constitution is being burned apart more and more every day, etc., and we're worried about...a toy?

The Constitution is being burned due to people being too politically correct and not standing up for themselves.

There's so much spin and propaganda in the world, to support an endless war on a faceless opponent and this news article exemplifies EXACTLY that. It's a timely piece of propaganda to remind us all that we have to respect each other, some people need respecting more than others, as they're more easily offended than others.

Be careful where you tread, not to offend the muslims. Propaganda. It's a deliberate ploy to confuse people about what's right and wrong when we're permitted to think about the war on terra.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Hilarious!

but cool, look at his little gun!

[edit on 5/12/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

^ He looks Chinese.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The TERRORISTS want to reduce ALL of us back to the stone age So how on earth do they explain staying on top of the latest LEGGO TOYS?

As they hide in their frecken sleeper cells in ALL of our countries, 2nd and third generation terror networkers have entirely too much time on their hands.

Their leaders are going to figure this out soon and call for them to go to action lest they become corrupted by the Leggo Building Infidels!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It really is an attractive kind of toy figure. They should be honored, to have their engraven images made into little toys. Perhaps the way to mend this dilemma is to sell them with little prayer blankets with instructions to stop every few minutes to pray to Allah...

(No insult meant to our Muslim Members)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh man, I'm buying a few! Those look very cool. Muslims do seem pretty happy to be outraged. You infidels drew a cartoon of our profit, we kill you now! The only way to make them happy is to convert. The fact that they think this is an attack on Islam is pretty telling.....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Such unregulated freedom of expression clearly has no place in a free society.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thats hillarious. He's carrying a modern AK-47 and a Bergmann that isn't even made since 1945!!LOL Yup, modern, pirate, terrorist, infidels, always a real threat to the toy world. Thats not a bad idea for a new company to start. "Bad Taste Toys"!! Our slogan should be...'If it pisses some one off...We Build it and we don't care!!!"

Zindo

[edit on 12/5/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Our slogan should be...'If it pisses some one off...We Build it and we don't care!!!"

Forget the GI Joe toys, now we can make the Jihad Ahab toy range instead.

Wait - that's going to offend people. We'll have SWAT teams breaking down the doors...

I think I'll go and play with my Pirate Lego now. Although, I still can't break the seal on my 6285 Black Seas Barracuda pirate ship. It looks so pristine mint in a sealed box!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Thats hillarious. He's carrying a modern AK-47 and a Bergmann that isn't even made since 1945!!LOL Yup, modern, pirate, terrorist, infidels, always a real threat to the toy world. Thats not a bad idea for a new company to start. "Bad Taste Toys"!! Our slogan should be...'If it pisses some one off...We Build it and we don't care!!!"

Zindo

[edit on 12/5/2008 by ZindoDoone]

Can I join your great wonderful toy company? That would be awesom. I'm good at pissing people off.

Unless it states that it is a muslim terrorist(which it doesn't) then they need to grow a pair and dmit they are wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

How do they associate a plastic toy with their religious beliefs? The minifigure is dressed as a terrorist! I don't see anything that marks it as belonging to one religion or another!

It's a non-denominational terrorist! What's wrong with that???

Muslims, why do you think that your religion is the centre of the universe and that these minifigures automatically MUST be depicting YOUR religion???

To be fair, according to this article they are not protesting the Muslim-ness of the figurine, but the "glorification of terrorism" that they claim it represents.

I doubt they would have bothered if they weren't extremely sensitive to the public perception of terrorists as predominately Muslim; but they don't actually claim that this is a Muslim terrorist (at least in the bit quoted in the article).

Edited to bold the important bits since no one seems to be paying attention to what the article actually says, instead of just the headline and the OP's biased comments

[edit on 12/5/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

I highly doubt they will ever grow a pair. They got a taste of our sweet political correctness and liked it. Doubt they will like it when the shoe is on the other foot though.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I can understand why the muslims are offended. As a caucasion I'm highly disturbed and offended by the "I Go Potty" doll that has 'life-like' urination and bowel movements in the toy toilet. How dare the toy makers insinuate that only caucasion children have bodily functions!!! It's a disgrace!

All toys are offensive to someone somewhere. If something bothers or offends people they don't have to buy it. Easy solution.

Jemison

new topics

top topics

join