It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Rejects Appeal In Obama Citizenship Case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
belowthebeltway.com...

ScotusBlog reports on the results of today’s conference:

Today’s orders list is available here. The Court granted certiorari in two cases — al-Marri v. Pucciarelli (08-368) and Gross v. FBL Financial Services, Inc. (08-441)

As Ballot Access News notes, this pretty much means that the Donofrio case is dead:

On the afternoon of December 5, the U.S. Supreme Court announced that it had accepted two particular cases. The Court had held a conference earlier in the day to consider which cases to accept. The Court did not release any orders concerning the cases it rejected. That will not be released until Monday, December 8.

One down, lord knows how many more of these nonsense cases to go

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
edited cuz people cared.

tela

[edit on 12/5/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't think it's because nobody cares. I think that most people realize that the Supreme Court took a lot of heat after the 2000 Presidential election and ruling. They took the coward's way out, by refusing to take the case. That was pretty much what was expected. So much for justice. It's much easier to just sweep the whole thing under the carpet.
I'm not sure that Obama is a winner though. With the economy in shambles, terrorist threats all over the place, Constitutional crises without end, and no one to blame if he fails, he may end up being more unpopular than Bush ever was. Who in their right mind wants to be President for the next four years?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It was only an issue to the sore losers who were desperately looking for some excuse to delegitimatize Obama's election.

You will now start seeing idiotic threads like Obama had the supreme court bought or threatened or its a conspiracy and tripe like that...

... all perfectly idiotic threads perfectly worthy of being ignored for what they are.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
We care, Telafree.

I don’t know if you haven’t following it, but we’ve been having great discussions regarding this here, here and other threads.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
danx:

sometimes it's hard to jump in on those huge threads . Can take hours to read the whole thing just to be up to date. Ill check those threads out when I have the time to read for sure. THanks for pointing them out to me

Tela

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
and no one to blame if he fails.

WRONG... everyone knows bush minor and his cronies are as much to blame for the economic mess as anyone... and taking a page from bush minor, he can blame ole 43 for years to come, just like the Republicans did Clinton... big diff though... bush minor is far more guilty.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
. . . . .
I'm not sure that Obama is a winner though. With the economy in shambles, terrorist threats all over the place, Constitutional crises without end, and no one to blame if he fails, he may end up being more unpopular than Bush ever was. Who in their right mind wants to be President for the next four years?

I agree with you here.
It's hardly surprising Obama was not smiling on election night.

I've wondered if McCain actually threw the election because getting America out of this mess without being hated for doing what it takes may be impossible.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
we dont know for sure about this till monday, or am I wrong?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

It was only an issue to the sore losers who were desperately looking for some excuse to delegitimatize Obama's election.

You will now start seeing idiotic threads like Obama had the supreme court bought or threatened or its a conspiracy and tripe like that...

... all perfectly idiotic threads perfectly worthy of being ignored for what they are.

You mean like all the threads conservatives had to put up with, for EIGHT years after the 2000 Presidential Election? Liberals and Democrats are still complaining about the SCOTUS decision on Bush. Oh, but that's different, right?
Don't worry, you can complain about Franken after that fruitcake loses his recount.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

WRONG... everyone knows bush minor and his cronies are as much to blame for the economic mess as anyone... and taking a page from bush minor, he can blame ole 43 for years to come, just like the Republicans did Clinton... big diff though... bush minor is far more guilty.

Wow, amazing, you didn't even wait for my previous post before you started complaining again about Bush. Blarney Frank is the real culprit- he and his lover from the Fannie Mae/Freddy Mac fiasco started the entire financial crisis. Bush had nothing to do with it. Hint- Congress makes laws, not the President, Congress votes on funding, not the President. Oh, but I forgot- Liberals have no use for the Constitution. That's why you don't care if someone becomes president that is not eligible. You just ignore the constitution if it doesn't suit you.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at all by this outcome, I never thought for once that they would take the presidency from Obama. There would've been riots in the streets if that had happened.

And it wasn't just "sore losers" who wanted to see Obama's birth certificate, it was normal Americans who wanted to make sure that the next president was acting constitutionally and those who had hoped that Obama would've started his term with a little transparency.

This is definitely a good indicator of things to come, Obama will be no better than Bush and will continue the secrecy we've seen for the past few terms.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, wasn't this whole story contained almost entirely to right wing blogs and fringe internet sites?

And exactly how is Obama being secretive? I might be missing something again, but wasn't this a conference of judges with no interference from any party? Judges who are both liberal and extremely conservative.

Any information to enlighten me would be appreciated. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, wasn't this whole story contained almost entirely to right wing blogs and fringe internet sites?

I believe the most ‘popular’ on those blogs and whatnot, was Berg’s case.

This case in particular, filed by Leo Donofrio, was the one with the most merit, in my opinion. Donofrio’s case isn’t also just about Obama, he also questions John McCain’s (and Roger Calero’s) eligibility.

In this particular case, Donofrio didn’t question Obama’s birth place as being Hawaii, he just argued that, according to his interpretation, Obama couldn’t be a “natural born” citizen because he was born with dual citizenship.

edit: added link

[edit on 5-12-2008 by danx]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

OK, so which do you say ATS is?
Is it a right-wing blog or a fringe internet site? I bet S.O. would love to hear that he is one or the other.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
ATS is a Conspiracy site. That's considered "fringe", I'd say. Not in a bad way. Just in an MSM kinda way.

For those who don't want to jump into the big threads, I have linked an important post in my signature. If you read that and the next couple pages, you'll get a good idea of what this case was about.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
ATS is pretty fringe, man. Conspiracies, aliens, masons, etc.

It's not a bad thing though. Just saying it's a "fringe" site because it's topics aren't what you would call mainstream.

At any rate, I suppose this means the court has spoken and we'll never get to see Obama's VBC, and all these threads about it can go the way of the mammoth.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

Even Hannity said yesterday on his radio show while responding to requests from his fan base that he had read the worldnet daily material on the case and had not seen enough evidence to convince him and that he believes Obama was born in Hawaii... If Limbaugh and Hannity aren't pushing this issue you can safely bet it has absolutely no merit. They are doing what good right-wing republicans should do and that is to go after the real issues or at least ones they believe are worthy of air time.

This whole thing is going to end with theories only, and they will continue... While pathetically entertaining it will be fun to watch.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
No offence to anyone..

I like this NWO guy lol

I mean if hes just a puppet then hes a black one " yeah i like the idea of a black guy as prez"

I have so many twisted views on life that i like the guy coz hes better than bush.. i was always into the slave thing "being half black half white" so i dunno its abit mad.

who cares let him do what he has to or what hes bein told to he can be as bad as bush "i hope" but then well hes black so who cares made people think about race in a place that really was only 50 years from being like SA or something.

lets see how the game plays out.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
We shall see in two years if both houses end up being changed in a major way because Obama is not going to be able to rescue this problem brought on by Blarney Frank and his phony partner Chris Dodd, the latter being my resident ijut.
Zindo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join