It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - What's it all about?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
I do however think there is a 2012 for dummies book out there somewhere.

After reading all of your posts I thought, anyone reading this topic should be much better aware of why 2012 is the "latest craze" in doomsayer's theories. Good job explaining. Much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

I know the phenomenon is real.
I have made it a life long study.
I'm not here to lead anyone anywhere. That's each person's choice.
However I'm great answering questions!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
Bombeni,

The sad reality of the 2012 predictions is that they are in fact filled with personal perspective, emotion, a variety of sciences and studies, and of course the all mighty con.

To get a true grasp on it, you really have to commit yourself to first and foremost believing that something major is going to happen.

If you do a search on ATS, you will find as many people discrediting 2012 as supporting it. You will find just on this site alone, a wealth of perspectives from every possible angle. Apply that to hundreds of websites that put their own spin on the research that they do, and this is a monster waiting to be unleashed.

The primary phrase that you will hear around the 2012 phenom is "the end of the world." However, listen to the song "Age of Aquarius" from the 70s and it says "the end of the world as we know it". That is how long this phenom has been around. That song is about 2012 and the groups perspective against the doom and gloom being predicted. Nearly 40 years later, it is still supportive of the beliefs of many about the turning of the age.

So far, what I have taken away as my overall perspective of 2012 is that it is going to be the "end of the world as we know it", but not in the sense that doomsayers would want me to believe. I believe it is going to be an enlightening. The reason for this is based simply on the fact that more people are finding more truth and learning more about the world around them and dismissing more fear than ever before in history. Wisdom is the surest path to enlightenment and over the next 4 years, I see this growing exponentially, regardless of the attempts of the few to "quash" the knowledge of the many.

I look forward to "the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine."

Hi wheresthetruth: I always liked that song. I am curious, do you think the main thrust of this change you believe will come about, whatever that is, is going to happen before your eyes? You related that you see knowledge accumulating over a period of 4 years, but, what is this end of the world as we know it thing? I mean, how do you expect to know when this enlightenment has occurred? And, do you base any of your expectations on Biblical prophecy and Revelations?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Hi Incarnated, I would like to know your reply, if you please, to the question I asked "wheresthetruth".

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Pardon my intrusion Incarnated, I'm not one for picking holes in any way, but our friend wants to learn more about it, you've grossely contradicted your reasons for explaining by firstly telling him/her YOUR fact on the 2012 scenario and then going to explicity claim that it is for his OWN interpretation using the various sources around.

You've done a great job explaining yourself, but the words 'kettle, pot and black' spring to mind. Given the person the food for thought, but you've pre-conditioned the mindset already? That, my friend, is FACT

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by mmariebored

I know the phenomenon is real.
I have made it a life long study.
I'm not here to lead anyone anywhere. That's each person's choice.
However I'm great answering questions!

You still havent actually told us what the phenomena *is* that you so adamantly believe in...where is the evidence for all this? is it all in your head with no outside sources? or in your funny urantia book...wheres the meat and tatties!

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Bombeni -

There's a lot of scaremongers that will try to tell you all about the coming "doomsday" of December 21, 2012. They either do this for money, attention, because they are dis-satisfied with their life and need to cling to something, or they group together several extremely vague predictions and believe they are "on to something".

The "great" fortunetellers of the past such as Nostradamus, St. Malachy, and others mentioned frequently use very vague "predictions" that can be interpreted any number of ways to be "accurate" for many events. For example I can accurately predict that there will be some significant event in the middle east tomorrow and it will happen - depending on your interpretation of the word "significant" and using the logic that something significant happens in the middle east daily. Also, there will be a medium sized earthquake within a week (at least 4.5) somewhere outside of the US. These are just 2 "prophecies" based on events that are just likely to happen. It doesn't make me psychic - just stating the likely.

What will really happen is nothing out of the ordinary. This whole phenomenon is like everyone getting anxious about December 31, 2008. Oh my gosh, the last day of the calendar is December 31, 2008 run for your lives! The only thing that will happen is the next day, which just happens to be the next year. In the case of the Mayans, their calendar is 5000 plus years long instead of one year long. The only thing that will happen is the next "cycle" will begin with no catastrophic event, no global conscious awakening - just the next day. Incredibly accurate calendar - yes, doomsday predictor - no. After all, shouldn't we all be battling Ghengis Khan by now anyway according to Nostradamus:

The year 1999 seven month,
From the sky will come a great King of terror:
To bring back to life the great King of Angolmois, (the Mongols),
Before after Mars to reign by good luck
(Century X, Quatrain 72)

King of Angolmois is Ghengis Khan. Where is that little rascal hiding and how come I haven't read about his "reign of terror" beginning in 1999?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

I'm not worked up over 2012 at all; this is the first time I have put any effort at all into it and that is only because my old aunt and uncle asked me about it.

It seems many people have a lot riding on 2012 though; lots of people are looking for something to grasp onto which offers hope of a better future for them, which is why cult leaders have such an easy job. You or I could say that on Jan. 1 2010, money is going to fall out of the sky, but you need to read my book (only $19.95) to find out the best place to be that day.

Having said all that, I must say the Mayan culture is rather fascinating; I am going to read up on 2012 just from that perspective.

Thanks to everyone for the friendly replies!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't know if any posted this yet But I believe that Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, and other future predicting men. Have predict that the world will end at 2012. But hears the problem people claim it all the time. But none of them where like these two. Who are Christians and did predict alot of events in our time and past.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
2012 - What's it all about?
Selling books.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Hi Incarnated, I would like to know your reply, if you please, to the question I asked "wheresthetruth".

It can be very hard to express the answer to your question in words for without understanding the answer is easily mistaken. Mankind needs "Black and White" to judge where they should head and what they should see. But this is not the truth. There comes a day, for some that day is now, for some that day is never, but that day does come that it will be known and understood that all is truth. And on that day to know the truth you'll only need to put all pieces of the larger puzzle of truth together. Truth is that which fits into the larger picture of truth. If all is truth, as I've said, and you find something that doesn't fit into the illuionary picture of your personal truth, you might want to call it a lie, but this is because you don't want to let go of your illusions to see the larger picture of truth.

All is truth, and you'll understand the truth, when you are able to fit everything into the larger picture of the overwealming truth. Until that day comes you'll all try to fit a couple pieces together and call it the truth, but that will be the self willed illusionary lie.

The "Truth" is all around you, but the lie is within you. However the truth is also within you. Search for understanding of the truth, a clearer understanding of truth, within you.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
You still havent actually told us what the phenomena *is* that you so adamantly believe in...where is the evidence for all this? is it all in your head with no outside sources? or in your funny urantia book...wheres the meat and tatties!

People tend to search out explinations. Why is the sky blue? Why does the apple fall? What does the future hold?

In reflecting the question "what does the future hold?" people have a preconditions set of desires they want to see fulfilled. They then go about looking at a single or handful of prophecy to believe in and hope that it is what will come around. They then go about calling all the other "prophecies" that do not fit into their picture "false".

However, when you look at the full body of writings, it can be seen, they are all pointing toward the same event. When you see this, you can then go about science and history to try to understand the future event.

My understandings come about this way. I could show you the science, but you could dispute it. I could show you the prophecy, and you would dispute it. I could show you the history, but you'd not see it.

I could site sources after sources and try to paint the picture of the larger puzzle clearly, but if you chose to you'd still not see it. And that is your rite.

I have tryed to point these thing out too many times and when I show people the "bigger picture" they then want to go about picking appart the smaller pieces as if this was a highschool debate class. It isn't.

The only thing that can and does explain the cosmos pointers, the prophecy, the awakenings enlightenments, inner and outer is that the solarsystem is about to cross the galatic horizion.

I have told you this. You'll see it come to pass. Where you end up on the other side is up to you.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I don't know if any posted this yet But I believe that Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, and other future predicting men. Have predict that the world will end at 2012. But hears the problem people claim it all the time. But none of them where like these two. Who are Christians and did predict alot of events in our time and past.

Althought those two could be seen as "Christians", by some christians but not other christians.
Go figure that one out yourself. You are exactly right. However it isn't just those two. There are a good number of biblical prophets that also assoicatie. However that is not all. There are also very very many many and then some more seers, who are all holy men in some sense, that have foreseen events.

When you get all these and look at them objectivly, and try to fit them into a larger picture they do fit. I have fit them together. I then found the science and the history. I'm not doing this for "selling books" I don't read modern books. I don't sell books nor do I ask for anything.

I do this because I'm not in need of anything. My personal abilities keep me fed and sheltered and clicking away here giving away an awesome all entailed "book" of what is coming down the road in most of our lifetime.

I could go on detailed effort to piece the larger picture together for you all, but what would be my ensentitive? I'm not writing a book. I'm not looking to make money. And I'd have just as many disbelievers as I do now.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I am curious, do you think the main thrust of this change you believe will come about, whatever that is, is going to happen before your eyes? You related that you see knowledge accumulating over a period of 4 years, but, what is this end of the world as we know it thing? I mean, how do you expect to know when this enlightenment has occurred? And, do you base any of your expectations on Biblical prophecy and Revelations?

The end of the world does not equate to the end of the planet nor the end of mankind. The very term World doesn't not equate to Planet nor Mankind. The term World means the civilization that mankind has built upon the geography of the planet. All you have to do is look at the basic "world" map from grammer school. It is not geographical, it is political. Green part is the USA, red part is the U.S.S.R., yellow some other state or nations and so on. This is the world that is about to end. I am not saying that their should or will be an uprising to make this come about. It is a Natrual cycle of events. It is clearly reflected in ancient history and mythology.

I put "wheresthetruth" in one of those groups that truly see what's coming about in a spiritual sense. Unfortunally they blind themselves thinking this will just spring forth out of themselves for thinking fuzzy happy bunny thoughts. As is seen in revelation, birth is a messy and painful process. These events are just set to happen. Just like you might wake up every day at 7am to feed the children. The book of revelation and the second coming of christ is a major part of the 2012 phenomenon.

Blind "christians" could say "JEsus said: No man knows the day or hour", but this is a false understanding. As it was true when jesus said it, but then he died, and came out of the grave, and rose to heaven, and sat with the father, and then delivered the book of revelation. The book of revelation says that it IS the truth given to John by Jesus that was delivered to Jesus by our heavenly father.

People see only that which suits them unless they truly wish to see the truth unafraid.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Who said the world is going to end? Not the Mayans! So who?

Their calender does not end in 2012 just for everyone's knowledge. It's more like adding a "0" to a number, or rolling over to a new month.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda411

Who said the world is going to end? Not the Mayans! So who?

Their calender does not end in 2012 just for everyone's knowledge. It's more like adding a "0" to a number, or rolling over to a new month.

my dear brother, its painfully clear that you didn't read what I said. Thus your responces shows me it is just a automatical rejection stemming up out of your animalistic fears of having to face something that is well out of your control. You'll be judged soon enough. Don't worry about it. Just do your best.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i don't know if you're into it but here is a bit on the "transference" activity some say is involved with the heralding of 2012...
Read Me

i don't entirely 'trust' channeled information because i think it's very easy for the info being shared to 'stray' from pure intentions..
but it's interesting nonetheless.

i do suggest throughly reading up on the Mayan prophecies and calendrical events i believe it's fairly accurate - IMO
find books - there's a lot of loose cannon material out there, even more so on the Net.

keeping in mind 2012 was mentioned also by the seer Nostradamus and possibly others (i have no sources..), maybe it wouldn't hurt to study some of his/ their work as well..?

Best of Luck!

Vacant

EDIT to add:: the general consensus is that 2012 is the end - it is the end of a cycle - and where one thing the meets it's end, another is born. it is the end of a damn cycle, not the so-called apocalypse - but i guess if all truth be told we have no conclusive knowledge of what is to actually go down come 21/12/2012. it is the beginning of a new age, a new cycle, which happens to coincide with the orbit and alignment of the celestial planetary bodies...

[edit on 15/12/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
another is born.

Yes, that is one way of looking at it. In fact it is represented as such in the book of revelation. However you must not have had children yet. Have you ever witnessed birth? It's a painful and messy process. This Planet is the "mother" that will birth the "new world". If you're a little speck of humanity on the mother giving birth, what do you think that will look like?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I understand what you're saying, but it's like i said, we have no way of knowing.. some are 'predicting' a peaceful transition, and others are sticking to the series of events foreshown in the Book of Revelations - although you're right, conditions within our earthly environment are noticeably climbing to more cataclysmic heights..

anything could happen.. :shk:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

If you are walking down the street and you see
a retard pointing up saying its superman
a blindman pointing up saying its a plane
a nearsighted saying it's a bird

you can be asured if you look up somethings going to be there and you need to see it for yourself.

Who's right? Who's wrong? Who says anyone needs be wrong. I don't. I see everyone is right, only focused upon one small and misunderstood piece of a larger puzzle. It is all truth, but to see the bigger picture you need put all the pieces together.

Those that say it is a spiritual evolutionary moment for man, well they are right but they speak of the "man" as in "mankind". They can't get past their own animalistic well being. Those might or might not make it, but mankind will prosper for the events unfolding.

The christians might say "it's the end days return of jesus" and they are right, but they fail to understand the higher nature of the event sticking to their dogmatic animalistic understandings of religion.

I know exactly what's going on. You just don't understand that I could know such things. To see the truth you must take all pieces that are held as truth and fit them together as the larger and forgoten picture of "THE TRUTH".

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join