It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinnons last stand

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Sure what he did was highly illegal, but it seems to me a bunch of trumped upo charges that he damaged 700k worth of computers, when he says he basically walked thru their security using default windows passwords.

They are throwing the book at him because he was searching for, and found UFO evidence and they want him locked away for LIFE. Second because of the embarrassment of how easily he got into their systems. This guy is no genius listen to him talk and you would know he is no malicious master mind..he had some skill and got lucky thru some inept government workers at Nasa and found the evidence we all know is there. ITs very obvious the gov still guards this information with an iron fist and shows just how important the topic of UFO's & Aliens are to them still...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Good God, yet again that bloody woman Jacqui Smith. She's a very REAL danger to freedom in the UK. There used to be a time when we'd refuse to allow our own countrymen to be dragged to another country to face a jail sentence. I should have guessed she was behind throwing this guy to the horror of a US Jail.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think it is disgusting the way this lad is being treated and as far as I'm concerned, it really shows to me exactly what the USA think of this so called "special relationship" with the UK.

They are - and have been since the end of the second World War - using Britain for their own gain.

Pretty sickening really.

Saying that though, a lot of the fault lies with Britain for being to soft to tell them to get to feck.

I believe the phrase "special relationship" should stop being used, in preference of "special agreement".

[edit on 5-12-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If the McKinnon case is true to the way I understand it then I think he's a hero.

Maybe we should print up a buncha "Free Gary McKinnon" shirts....wear him around like che guevarra. LOL

Anyone wanna form a committee and help get that done?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
and
and
and!

He should be free
Not a fan of nasa or the US goverment or the UK one u get the point!
nasa had no password??? lol

and !
He talked to the network admin while he was haxoring em haha

I think hes class
what nerv!! and to go after something like ufo's is just great.

he got lucky but now hes gunna pay a big price.

still amazed no one at nasa got the boot tho i mean what a bunch of muppets, they can send probes into space / rockets but cant password a network - ???

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yep, another criminal (and he is a criminal) who claims to have discovered some secret AFTER he got caught.

He found NOTHING, he just went in and damaged computer SYSTEMS, NOT COMPUTERS.

Stop making excuses for criminals! I do not give a damn what his motives were, or how mentlly disturbed he is,(*SNIP*) this does NOT excuse his criminal conduct.

He frankly deserves whatever he gets. And people that make excuses for such criminal behavior should lose their computers too.

Mode Note: Civility and Decorum Are Expected.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Guys, I got news for you: Secure establishments are the least secure places on the planet. They rely on physical security to keep them safe but their personal security at their desks is appalling. You can find most of their passwords on Post-it notes stuck to the monitor or on the notepad by the phone. They lock their office doors but not their terminals. Forget about it.

McKinnon should never be turned over to the US. He should be lauded and paid by some decent company to hack for them. He's not stupid and he doesn't deserve any of this.

The onus *must* be on the system to maintain protection. If someone breaks in, chop the nuts of the SA, not the hacker. You left your goods out in the open. I don't see the US gov't going after the Chinese gov't for their hacking. Why pick on this guy? I want to know what he found out!

Yes, let's start a serious movement to keep him free. Seriously and in earnest.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Old Medic, get a grip man.... I am amazed that you are willing to throw this man to the lions so readily with your vile and almost “in-house” view. It’s too dam easy to take that approach. Tut, tut!

This guy does not deserve this kind of treatment, criminal my arse, I’d hate to hear your opinion on a wet mattress caused an incontinent man.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

well said!!

I did this in good faith: little story here!! ; )

I knew someone!! lol who hacked hollywood.com for trailers, and he was so kind to send them an email to let them know how easy it was to bypass there.. you cant save our trailers stuff..

They sent him and email back saying thank you.

edited

They should give him a job lol not lock him up.

Oh and on a side note : You can run windows on apple macs thanks to people who think "outside the box"

Free him i say!! and then give him a job for letting u know how crappy your system IS or was lol ; ))))

[edit on 5-12-2008 by theresult]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

just laughed readin your comment again..

hows tha bailout working for you and the criminals on wallstreet.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If anyone in the entire US Government has a hint of a brain cell, once they get McKinnon over here in the States, the NSA should offer him a job, doing what he apparently does very well. But doing it FOR the government, not looting their own little nests.

Six figure salary, a car, apartment, on-call coochie, pizza delivery, 30 day vacation, and a cell phone with all the latest gadgets. What more can a geek desire?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If he comes to the US I wonder if the trial will be open to the public? Who would be technical enough to be on such a jury? I guess I haven't read that much on this.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
OMG. Would you work for the NSA?! I'd hang myself first. I swear I would.

That's a scary organization. Scary people. Worse than anything in human history except maybe the Inquisition. Or maybe not. Maybe they are #1 for scary sh*t.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Using to default windows passwords doesn't seem like NSA material to me. Second and it has been said before but for the record the real classified stuff is not on some stupid internet connection. What he alledgedly found I don't know..I think it was a plant..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Basics is he was some geeky hacker loved ufos "dont we all" lol n wanted to find out

he haxored nasa n got / seen some pics "btw there is no pics of his haxoring"... and yet hes in jail or about to be / long story

neways i think if hes for real n he had the balls to did what he did then well # the system imo and im glad he tried..

if hes some fake arse "patsy" then well i dunno :/?

we all know the goverment lies but how far? with who and whats with the making u think u think u know what u think!!

trust me that fkn line i typed is as crazy as living on this planet with the rest of u.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
McKinnon is a hero.

He did them a favor, imagine if someone who actually meant the U.S. harm had found those holes?
I guess some of the administrators of the supposedly 'most secure' networks in the world need to put the donuts down and do something for once.

I hope he's not dumb enough to 'go to the darkside' and work for these fascists if they offer it.

I know he's not allowed to even think about touching a computer in a closet with the lights off hiding under a blanket, but hopefully this somehow reaches him...
I applaude you Gary
I hope someone with half a braincell in their head sets you free.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Of course it was on a Nasa computer drive right? So maybe whatever it was could have been primed for airbrushing out or who knows he obviously wasn't that smart as he had no systems in place to capture/copy what he was so feverishly looking for, too bad!

Originally posted by BlackProjects
reply to post by dooper

Using to default windows passwords doesn't seem like NSA material to me. Second and it has been said before but for the record the real classified stuff is not on some stupid internet connection. What he alledgedly found I don't know..I think it was a plant..

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I don't know . . . it was pretty good for him to do what he did! The folks I know who work for the NSA are mathemeticians, and if things go tits up, who better to work for?

Besides, it is these folks who are always on the peek at those unsavory types who seek our destruction. Including foreign governments.

I can think of much less savory employers. Like the UAW! I hear they're considering a "going out of business" sale.

Seriously, I think it was good that he was able to get in and have a look around. He did no harm, and after all, it isn't as if NASA should have any big secrets, right? A civilian space agency. What possible secrets could they have?

I guarantee you that right now they have better security procedures in place.

Too bad he couldn't get some nifty downloads on his matter of interest.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join