It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil to Plunge Below $25 Next Year, Merrill Lynch Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yay...

Super low oil prices here we come...

we were at $140ish... thats insane...

And for those that are worried about oil producing nations getting screwed out of this...

Yay... whatever... ill cry a single tear for those middle-eastern dictators...

If Oil continues like this... Watch Dubai turn into a ghost town overnight

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Personally I hope this bankrupts big oil companies, especially investors and speculators, for it was their greed and corruption that in part caused an already weakening economy to begin to collapse.

The price of oil eventually impacted every aspect of the US economy.

It is just a matter of time before they find a way to stabilize prices and make them go back up to where their greed would like it to be. Most likely a dramatic cut in production creating an artificial shortage eventually causing long lines at the pumps extremely high prices and even more damage to an already fallen economy.

Greedy Bastards!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

It's all-inspiring to read the opinion written by the losers at Merryll Lynch incapable to predict their company demise.

Is it possible to quote winners and not losers for a change? The world comprises other countries than the USA. (oops
)

[edit on 12/5/2008 by stander]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

As long as Washington is run by corporate corruption we are heading but nothing but the bottom because they don't want to compromise in favor of The America hard worker tax payer

This corruption is indeed a major issue. I don't think the average citizen had any idea just how corrupt our developed world had become. I know I didn't. I always thought corruption was just in places like Italy and the old communist countries and the third world.
It has taken disgusting truths about the reasons for the wars in the middle east, the use of WMD by the US and UK in the conduct of the wars, the neglect of soldiers sickened, the millions of innocents killed, and now finally the global financial melt down and attempted rescue by governments to finally open my eyes.
The multi-national corporate elite were the driving force behind all of it. It is so powerfully clear and obvious to me now.
I hope that the public is finally sufficiently disgusted, that we will be able to enact laws and regulations based on ethical and just principles.
The corporate criminals have had their day and its over. If we don't keep them restricted and limited from here on in, then its game over indeed for all of us.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by wayno]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Oil prices are going back to normal. That's a blessing for those driving cars. But utility bills are still sky high, and providers are not willing to drop their prices.

Eh well, competition will drive them down, right?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
For those that suggest that prices below 25$ are not possible i would like to point out that prices briefly dipped below 8 ( EIGHT) USD in 1998. The combined forces of massive speculation and a serious decline in exploration and development of known resources is what gave us near 150 USD prices.

In theory we should have oil ( if dollar hegemony is maintained) prices around thirty USD for the next few decades with adjustment only made for dollar devaluation and the occasional supply disruptions. There is no fundamental -oil-in-the-ground reason why we can't fill our cities and global atmosphere with cheaply produced smog for at least half a century to come.

Stellar

top topics

<< 1   >>

join