It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in New Zealand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
These are probably weather balloons, but I don't know for certain.

That said, while riding in my car this afternoon, from 17:00 to about 17:20, I was able to see five or six (one count, I counted six, the subsequent count, I counted five) objects in the sky that looked like bright stars. They were mostly stationary, but I did see, on separate occasions two moving (in straight lines).

The traffic was bumper-to-bumper, driving toward Auckland from Manurewa, and I was in the passenger seat and had the sunroof open.

I simply could not see the objects in the viewfinder screen (and my camera has no lens--just the lowish resolution digital thing). Not being able to SEE the objects on my camera's screen, I took a lot of photographs, hoping that some would capture the objects.

They appeared to be quite far away...but, other than the power lines in the picture, I was unable to frame them against anything.

They were east of Auckland airport, not far from a flight-descent path.

Anyway, most of my photographs don't depict anything, but a few do. Here's the best photo. The objects in question are the four specs of light.

The objects were not birds or airplanes...they were mostly stationary for a period of twenty minutes or so.

Certainly there's a mundane explanation for them...like balloons or lanterns, but it was cool to see this stuff and made the rush hour drive interesting.

I just created an account on photobucket, so I resized the photo to fit into the required dimensions. LINK.

Fuggle

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Have you rung Auckland airport yet, to see if they can help?Didnt see anything on the news.Hopefully others on the motorway saw something.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

No, didn't call them. I don't know where I'd begin--maybe they've got a meteorological department I could try. I'm surprised that weather balloons would be deliberately released so close to a flight path, though.

Undoubtedly other people saw these things...but did they have their cameras with them, and would they care? My wife was driving and my daughter was in the back seat. Neither of them seemed to care.

[edit on 5/12/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I had a poke around with your pic (not that i know what im doing)but couldn't determine much.I know venus was very bright the other night and was super bright while still daylight.Pass?Ill keep an eye on this thread since its close to home

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Thanks, Azador. It's probably mundane, but it was out of the norm for me...and I happened to have my camera handy.

I hear there was a terrific meteorite sighting a few days ago...I heard it referred to as an "alien encounter" on Newstalk ZB before learning that it was just a meteorite.

Regards,
F

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I think it's mars and jupiter.

-

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

No, it's not the planets. The planets are aligned in a row. These were aligned in a box shape, and I saw two of them moving while the others were stationary.

But thanks for the suggestion!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

At least in the picture I linked to, they're in a funny shaped rectangle.

I took the photos Just after five pm--the sun was still quite high in the sky. The moon was visible, and, indeed, it was in most of the shots I took...but the sun was high to the west of these objects, and (I guess) the sunlight reflecting off of them caused them to be very bright.

top topics

join