It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Analysis of this picture - Please help

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
To me it looks like some sort of funeral:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As much as I thought it was faked without really knowing, I still like the idea of analyzing the photo and finding out who was the closest. I guess we may never know? ......Are you psychic? than give even more details please.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
To me it looks like a car parked on a bridge, with a grassy hill descending in the foreground. It looks as though two people are standing on either side of the car, as well. What might appear to be a ship's mast looks like a telephone pole to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
kind of looks symetrical, like an image off of a lake... the spot on the right, sort of silver in color doesnt realy show in that reflection though, nor does the image of what looks to be someone throwing something in the lake or pond or river.... probably not a river though for the reason that reflections dont show up as well do to the current of the water unles light is illuminating it with color.. good find if its real

[edit on 6-12-2008 by no one special]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Reflection Seems Fake ,Looks Like One of those old silver vans.
the image looks attached to lens due to color bleeding.

i93.photobucket.com...

i would say this is the criminals hideout.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I see a lake with trees behind and other objects in the middle distance. However, if I look at it in a different way, I can see a human embryo on its back - with the head on the left.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I understand what your saying, but keep in mind that I've had a very busy weekend, and the PHOTOGRAPHER has given up on ATS because he was banned for no good reason. So feel free to stop posting in this thread. I have no desire to constantly back my self and the photographer up or to gain ATS points. I have come across this photo and thought it was very interesting and that's basically it. If it comes down to it, I would be more than happy to ask the mods to lock this thread. I think it's clear, if you believe me, that the image is extremely provocative and strange. I don't have a lot of info because I did not PERSONALLY TAKE THE PHOTO.

In short, I value the opinions of the members in this forum and was curious to get some insight from fellow members. What else am I to do with a photo like this? If I can't post it here and take some criticism then it would just be a weird and unexplained anomaly that me and some friends have seen.

I have yet to see someone who has proven without a doubt that this photo has been faked, altered or otherwise

[edit on 6-12-2008 by thechi]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The funny thing is, is that this is not a fake and I really don't care if anyone believes me anymore. The way you are backing yourself up by saying I am defending myself etc. is not ALWAYS a way to tell if someone is lying. You can't just generalize and make up "rules" that explain my behavior as a liar/ATS scammer. You started out with an open mind, and now that I have not been in front computer all day, you have decided that I'm full of BS. This disappoints me and really makes me wonder why I would every post anything here again. I have seen SO many people get pushed around, bashed and accused of being a liar. The bashing on ATS far out weighs the praise and trust.

You quote me and critique my quotes than you say you had fun looking at the photo, it was a good time etc. but it's very difficult to read between the lines via text.

MODS please close this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I see a reflection of a old Chevy, trees, a pole and the edge of a white wall.
That's all.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokecrops
Sorry to rain on your parade, but this picture is clearly photoshopped. The image in the glass is a slightly different hue than the rest of the picture, and the sharpness is off just a hair...also the side of the red box and the table edge should be visible behind or inset in the loupe, even if it was reflecting an image......

its easy to see if you've been working with high res digital images for many years as I have....

I could be wrong this could be whats known as a "low-tech" job, where instead of editing the image digitally with software like photoshop or coreldraw, an image is simply placed there physically and then a photo is taken...

Also you stated the photo was taken with a Cyber shot digital camera, yet the resolution is very poor. This means it was either modified to look old and grainy or this was taken under much different circumstances than which you said....

Also if you look at the edge of the table to the left of the box, there's clearly pixelation, meaning this photo was doctored digitally in some way.....

the real question now is why was this doctored....

did you know it was modified and are trying to test us (the readers) or did someone try and fool you by feeding you a line.....

either way clearly this photo was edited, even if something was reflected in the lens, the background of whats behind the lens would be visible in some way, and as I stated before the sharpness and hues would match up....

sorry to be a negative nancy.....

LOL....alright this is turning into the Donner party. I guess I'm not advanced enough to battle someone when it comes to photo editors. THIS IS NOT MY FORTE and this is why posted this photo here. I can't make you trust/believe me, I'm most likely thousands of miles away from you and the whole internet forum thing is just way too cumbersome for me right now and I don't feel like playing the defense attorney role anymore.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I will be more than happy to email someone the original. It's 1.68 MB, Outlook must of rounded it up to 2MB when my friend, the photographer, emailed it to me.

Even if the MODS close this thread, I will still email the image. Please note that he uses a MAC Notebook computer if that matters. I will also not be near my computer in about two hours from this post

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thechi

now you're just being recalcitrant. I've been going on with this for +24 hours straight and have given more than enough suggestions as to what it may be. But it is obvious we are not gonna get anywere without some answers from your site.....

bare with me here, cause as i asked you, if you are sincere, then please provide some answers that we can work with cause else this will be nothing more then an endless guesing game.

- were is the original photo (clearly this External image is not the original 2MB JPG, you talked about in you're original post)

- Why is it edited by "picnik.com" a photo editing prog.

- Why is Magikshroom not banned as you stated and till with us and only made one post.

These ,my friend ,are valid questions that you have to answer if you want us to believe that you are straightforward.

So no closing of any thread so far...first try and answer these questions please..

Peace

edit: original pics? please send to [email protected]

[edit on 6/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Please remove post...somehow it got "doubled" .....don't know why

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by thechi

now you're just being recalcitrant. I've been going on with this for +24 hours straight and have given more than enough suggestions as to what it may be. But it is obvious we are not gonna get anywere without some answers from your site.....

bare with me here, cause as i asked you, if you are sincere, then please provide some answers that we can work with cause else this will be nothing more then an endless guesing game.

- were is the original photo (clearly this External imageis not the original 2MB JPG, you talked about in you're original post)

- Why is it edited by "picnik.com" a photo editing prog.

- Why is Magikshroom not banned as you stated and till with us and only made one post.

These ,my friend ,are valid questions that you have to answer if you want us to believe that you are straightforward.

So no closing of any thread so far...first try and answer these questions please..

Peace

You are right and you have been helpful with some really good ideas throughout this thread. I understand why you are skeptical, but it’s just crazy when I know with all my heart that this is not fake and people say it’s fake, it just drive me nuts. I see statements like this: “I know it’s fake but….” It cracks me up, I really wonder HOW may people have posted LEGIT paranormal/UFO photos only to be called a FAKE. Now, to answer your questions:

1. The original photo is on my desktop, waiting to be emailed to someone

2. PicNik is a website where you can post photos, I thought you could host them there to show you guys, but I had to join FlicR which PicNik sponsors.

3. Magikshroom is NOT ME for one, and told me on the phone that the MODS banned him for thinking that he came to ATS to advertise his website, I think it was something like that. I talked to him and my friend really wasn’t sure how or what happend. He said he was still a member but BANNED from POSTING.

This is the FIRST time I have posted a photo on any forum to be analyzed. To think of how many people ACTUALLY have genuine paranormal photos and are scared to post them here because of the stigma that comes with ATS and most forums. I like ATS and find it very entertaining/informative, but, wow...we really just believe that ATS is like some kind of place where people come to fool people non-stop and everyone is out to scam each other. Maybe life really is mysterious, but we are just to skeptical too see it

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Okay......

Now lets lighten up here and start all over......

First off : [email protected] .....many thanks if i get it!!

I posted a couple of pages back the story of Ayumi, don't know if you took a look at it but this is also a typical thing here on ATS. Somebody giving a good story and half way through they don't reply or anything and that's how it ends....so you've gotta understand the emotions of the people who put a real effort into it aswell.

As for the sceptics who start out with: it's a fake, i can tell but don't back it up......ignore those. The don't mean sh*t and have no idea what they are talking about.

I also stated that i know didly squad about photography tech. but i know people who do so that won't be a problem. I've gone along with the mystery of what's in the picture and it's driving me nuts cause i know what i see and i wanna prove it. I'm don't care if it's real or not....i just wanna see what it is!!!!

Now lets get back to having some fun with the 2mb picture!!!

Wauw...about a zillion typos...tha's even record for me.....

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I just emailed the photo to you, so let's start fresh with the original 1.68 MB JPG file.

No, I did not have time to read the Ayumi thread, but what every happened with UKBLOKE?? Wasn't that an unsolved case? I really can't remember.

And about the typos....the space where we type our post is just way tooo small. I take all of my posts into Word first.

Thanks,

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
He Thechi,

I just got your email....thanks for that. If anybody else wants one please mail to above email and i will reply with the file.

As for poor old Ayumi...here the thread Ufo shooting out of the ocean but you prob. won't have the time for it...

Ohh and by the way (given the fact that it is 01:30am in the morning here) THANKS!!!....here goes an other nights rest....but what the h*ll it's weekend. Let's all enjoy and....

GUESS WHATS IN THE LOOKIN GLASS!!

edit: typos....should have gone with your tip on using Word first....always been a great student at the school of hard knocks....

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Your welcome, please let me know what you think. I will get back to you in about 15 hours.

take care,

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thechi

Oh hey Thechi,

You know what would also come in handy.....an original image of the other photo in which the anomaly is not showing. If you could ask your friend for one of those that would be GREAT!!!

thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Operation MindCrime

I emailed you a photo of one without the anomaly but it has been edited for eBay display purposes. But go ahead and see what data you pull on this photo since I know he edited it. Let's see how it compares. In the mean time, I will ask him he has a fresh large JPG of the original without the anomaly.

I would like to say that I did not know how much responsibility goes into starting a thread when you have evidence. So to anyone who is thinking of starting a thread, please be ready to commit.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join