It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call for filter system such as YouTube

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i for one am NOT advocating that neg flagged threads should be deleted -

The original opening post appears to be calling for the type of "karma" system used in comments on sites such as YouTube and SlashDot. If you have bad karma, not everyone can see your post... or it ends up being buried under "reveal" buttons.

because that is what happens now - and right or wrong - the flagged ` hot topics ` reflect on ATS - and itf its cultist twaddle or partisan idiocy - thats the impression people get of ats

Hot Topics are not determined by flags at all. Replies are what makes a thread "hot."

Top Topics are determined by flags. After reviewing the top-flagged threads of the past ten days (at that link), are there any on the page that shouldn't be there? Or, are there threads that should be there but are not?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

thread to find the good posts can be difficult

That way the next time your approached by a 30 page-long thread and can't possibly read through the entire thing, select posts only with stars and the 30 page thread could be condensed to a fraction of that, while the reader gets to enjoy the more quality posts of the thread while ignoring those that aren't worth reading.

Well "good posts" and "quality posts "are in the eye of the beholder! I have seen "not good" and "no quality" posts with tons of stars and I have seen GREAT posts with little to no stars.

If you view posts JUST based on stars, then you could be missing some very good responses.

JMO, of course

[edit on 12/5/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The original opening post appears to be calling for the type of "karma" system used in comments on sites such as YouTube and SlashDot. If you have bad karma, not everyone can see your post... or it ends up being buried under "reveal" buttons.

then i appologies - as i have been verring off topic - i do not agree with the OP in that case - and i ONLY want negative flagging to keep topics out of the ` top topic ` index

that way the top topics truelly represent the concesus of ATS opinion - not just a one sided view of those who vote yes [ with no no vote allowed ]

Top Topics are determined by flags. After reviewing the top-flagged threads of the past ten days (at that link), are there any on the page that shouldn't be there? Or, are there threads that should be there but are not?

doh - mea culpa - i mixed hot / top topics

<< 1   >>

join