It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Duke helps son of ex-Klan leader in fight for Palm Beach County Republican seat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
www.palmbeachpost.com...

The story is here. Basically what the gist of this story is is Derek Black a 19 year old who is the son of Don Black an Ex KKK member ran for a local election in West Palm beach. When the Chairman of the Republican Party Sid Dinerstein found out who his dad was he would not allow him to be seated on a technicality. Sid is quoted as saying this

"He participates in white supremacist activities," Dinerstein said. "We're the party of Lincoln. We're the party that says we don't judge anybody by the color of their skin."

To which Derek responded with this

"I've told (Dinerstein) I'm not a white supremacist; that's an insult. I would describe myself as a white person who is concerned about discrimination against white people."

Now the chit chat back and forth really isnt the issue here. The fact is this man was elected to an office and is being thrown out because of who his parents are or for helping with projects of his parents. He was elected into office as in voted in. This is a slippery slope because didnt we just elect a man who had very and I mean very questionable ties? Do we live in a country that when you win an election that if the party doesnt like who your parents are or certain beliefs of yours that you get booted out? Why have elections then why not just have the people in power choose friends? This is troubling in my opinion and really shows the double standard we have in America. Agree with him or disagree the man has a right to think what he wants as long as he doesnt infringe on another mans liberty. If he is elected he should get his office. What say you?

[edit on 4-12-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
So he's not allowed on because his first reaction to seeing a black man holding a white woman's hand in public is to drag the black man to death? He's not allowed on because he burns crosses on the front lawns of black families. And the problem is? Before any one says exaggeration, it says right there "because of who his parents are or for helping with projects of his parents" And what projects does the KKK do? Cross burnings.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
So he's not allowed on because his first reaction to seeing a black man holding a white woman's hand in public is to drag the black man to death? He's not allowed on because he burns crosses on the front lawns of black families. And the problem is? Before any one says exaggeration, it says right there "because of who his parents are or for helping with projects of his parents" And what projects does the KKK do? Cross burnings.

And yet the public still voted him in. Heres my question to you did the man elected into office do any of the things you listed above? What crime has he done? If they can prove he did a hate crime in a court of law then I understand your point. The fact is the kid has no past. No criminal record. This is scary stuff when you get be elected by the people then be told no you cant serve because we dont want you to.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Also, whate discrimination against whites? We had the last 43 Presidents, the majority of the House and Senate since we were created. The majority of the money, schools, houses, every thing. How are we discriminated against? because we can't shoot black people for being black without going to jail? Oh boo hoo, I guess I'll give up my right to hang blacks from a tree if that's what it takes.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Also, whate discrimination against whites? We had the last 43 Presidents, the majority of the House and Senate since we were created. The majority of the money, schools, houses, every thing. How are we discriminated against? because we can't shoot black people for being black without going to jail? Oh boo hoo, I guess I'll give up my right to hang blacks from a tree if that's what it takes.

Well there must be discrimination against whites this guy is not being allowed into office although he was elected by the people. The fact is these people have a right to hate period as long as their hate does not infringe on another persons liberty or pursuit of happiness. I would say the same thing if a Black Panther person was elected. I may not agree with his views but if the people elected him into office then the people have spoken and last I checked thats how our government was supposed to work.

Also there is more discriminations against whites than is shown. If you want me to point them out to you let me know.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Being a Klansman hanst hurt Senator Byrds career any. If your local constituents are like minded you'll get elected. Party affiliation at the local level means very little.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Now this is interesting. Technically, he didn't sign the "loyalty oath". I doubt this would stand in the way of a person who's parents didn't belong to a civic organization. I also question the legality of this document as an enforceable reason not to seat someone if the person is willing to sign it at any time.

To say the kid is guilty of his father's sins is a little too simple. I'd venture a guess there is a past between Black senior and the GOP leadership.

Duke being involved is nothing more than a white Al Sharpton or Jesse becoming involved and looking for a few headlines and maybe a money dance.

Being involved with any civic organization is a form of free speech. Even abortionists and NAMBLA have freedom of speech regardless of how heinous their speech is. Other groups fall under these same guidelines. To me, it looks as if the GOP chairman is against freedom of speech but is too stupid to realize it.

The voters had their say, let the kid be seated.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Guilty? "because of who his parents are or for helping with projects of his parents" And what projects does the KKK do? Cross burnings. As stated by the OP, the guy supports the KKK things his parents did, and do.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Being a Klansman hanst hurt Senator Byrds career any. If your local constituents are like minded you'll get elected. Party affiliation at the local level means very little.

Well the thing is the local people had no clue who his dad was. They liked his views on budgets, foreign policy, immigration etc. It wasnt known who his family was till it came time to sit in. This is a local level deal its not like he is running for President but even if he was he has that right to feel how he wants to feel.

Another thing to take not on is the person who is making a big deal about this Sid Dinerstein. The ironic thing is this guy is a big anti Islam guy who is pushing hard for the wars in Iraq and Iran. Double standards of hate is interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Wow with the reaction towards this you'd think we'd see alot of posts about Robert Byrd.

Oh wait it's only bad if it's the other political party doing it. Riiiight.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

reply to post by hinky

Guilty? "because of who his parents are or for helping with projects of his parents" And what projects does the KKK do? Cross burnings. As stated by the OP, the guy supports the KKK things his parents did, and do.

He supported them by helping with their radio station that is hardly going on lynchings and frankly the KKK really doesnt even exist anymore. Its a small fringe organization like NAMBLA as Hinky pointed out. I mean what is the difference between the KKK, ADL, and the Rainbow Coalition? Really nothing they are all groups who think that everyone is out to get them and they want to squeak. People who take part in the ADL and Rainbow coalition hold much higher spots out there should boot them? He should be seated that is my view.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Robert Byrd apologized and turned back on the ways of the KKK. This guy supports them. Also, Ron Paul was smeared as racist, but it was proven he never did it, never supported it, it was actually others around him. But this guy? He supports his parents and their KKK actions.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

HE says in the article that he doesn't beleive in white superiority and that he does beleive in fighting discrimination against whites. Why do you have such a problem with that? Why is it that anytime a white person asks why its ok to discriminate against him, you are there to label him a evil racist? You seem to have this self hating image of white people as snarling racist beasts. It seems like you're the only one here with racism issues.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

reply to post by hinky

Derek is the 19 year old son of an ex-klansman. Prove to us that he, Derek, is guilty of doing the things you claim in your post.

Fact is, you can't. You're doing exactly the same thing that this Dinerstein fellow is doing - you're making assumptions and labeling Derek something he may not be based on what his father was.

So tell me, do you believe exactly the same way your mother and father believe? I sure as hell don't.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

After months of seeing you tirelessly beat the Ayers/Obama drum, you're now saying, "Hey, there's no guilt by association here, just because the guy is his son and was raised by him doesn't mean he's associated with what his father has done!"

It's so pathetic it's funny.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by davion]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

And what projects does the KKK do? Cross burnings.

Now, you're just falling back on the usual stereotype. The KKK actually does more than that.

How about their support of the local dry cleaners? You know how hard it is to keep those robes white?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
reply to post by sos37

After months of seeing you tirelessly beat the Ayers/Obama drum, you're now saying, "Hey, there's no guilt by association here, just because the guy is his son and was raised by him doesn't mean he's associated with what his father has done!"

It's so pathetic it's funny.

Oh whatever. The two things are completely different and you know it. You are just looking for any way to take a cheap pot-shot at me because we have very different ideologies and you don't like me. And frankly, I could care less.

If you can really stand there and say that all sons believe what their fathers teach them and stick to that as they get older, then you might have a point. But I know that's not true because I have formed my own opinions aside from my father's teachings.

Nice try at defending ignorance, though.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
USA Today 2001

Twelve-year-old Derek Black won first place this year in a local science fair, and he carries around an encyclopedic knowledge of frogs, snakes, fish and the Web. With red hair past his shoulders and slightly crooked front teeth, he looks like the typical tech-savvy preteen he is. Yet the thing that makes his father proudest is that Derek runs a Web site for kids — promoting white supremacy and racial hate. "Couldn't ask for anything more," says Don Black, who keeps a framed photo of Derek dressed in a Confederate soldier's uniform above his desk in his home office.

A chip off the old blockhead you could say.

Maybe in a couple of years his Daddy will give him the keys to the Stormfront Kingdom.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
USA Today 2001

Twelve-year-old Derek Black won first place this year in a local science fair, and he carries around an encyclopedic knowledge of frogs, snakes, fish and the Web. With red hair past his shoulders and slightly crooked front teeth, he looks like the typical tech-savvy preteen he is. Yet the thing that makes his father proudest is that Derek runs a Web site for kids — promoting white supremacy and racial hate. "Couldn't ask for anything more," says Don Black, who keeps a framed photo of Derek dressed in a Confederate soldier's uniform above his desk in his home office.

A chip off the old blockhead you could say.

Maybe in a couple of years his Daddy will give him the keys to the Stormfront Kingdom.

Hmm as bad as [hate-site-nolink] is have you seen the federal reserves site? Talk about a hate site they hate everyone. The rob, thieve, and kill anyone for the all mighty dollar. You want to talk hate sites look no further than our own government.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

True. And when you get a black man's blood on them and it just turns pink you keep the sheet sellers in business. "Wow, more white bedsheets because you got blood on the last one? If you're suffering from nosebleeds that badly maybe you should go with red sheets." Edit to add to Sos, HAHAHA! You got punked so hard even Ashton is saying Damn boy you got punked! You got spanked so hard even the Detroit Lions are going damn you got spanked. I know, its different, Obama is black and this guy's white and follows the KKK.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by GamerGal]

new topics

top topics

join