It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afgan poppy growing explosion...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hi everyone, good evening.

Last night I was watching a NatGeo special on the heroin spread and supposedly vast new markets the this vile drug has entered.

It was an unbelievable show. It had actual addicts shooting up on screen and how desperate their lives had become. More importantly and the reason for this post is this:

How in the hell can the Afghan people be growing so much poppy. Our regular army and special forces have been there for..what...8 friggin years of so!!!!

Can anyone out there explain this to me???

I'm no army general but it seems to me if these clown have no crop to sell, they can't purchase weapons to fight our troops over there. Why in the hell are these areas of interest not bombed daily??????

Anyone know if these areas are off limits due to ROE"s??

Just looking for some answers.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Bombed for "growing" "drugs"? Are you kidding?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I can think of two.

1) It would piss off the farmers and cause unrest in the people.

2) If we let them grow drugs instead of food they can't eat then when food shipments are interrupted.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Taliban, when in power where destroying the heroin farms and factories and offering subsidies for the farmers to grow normal crops instead.

Now when you have CIA who were reaping huge intelligence on the trafficking of the crops thro other international countries and this stopped suddenly due to the switch to food.

The CIA advised the Dept of Defense it was time for regime change but they had to wait a few years before 9/11 gave GWB carté Blanch in foreign policy and vola heroin gets back into circulation again since the growers are not getting the subsidies for normal crops, its once again more profitable to grow heroin and the CIA get their intelligence and leverage on the underworld back.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by dalek]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
you must be new to ATS, the reason it has exploded is that our GOV is selling it. I know you probably think how can that be but when lots of money is being made there is an American in the mix somewhere. I think HBO or Showtime did a very god documentary on our drug dealing ways. Posts like this really do amaze me, use the search function and I bet you will find 100's if not thousands of posts about CIA and drugs, CIA planes crashed in mexico with 4 tons of coc aine yada, yada. Your probably mistified that oil is 50 dollars a barrel
, how can it be just 2 months ago it was 150. $$$$$$$$$$ figure it out

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by prototism

No, m not kidding,

That would be bombing the poppy fields, not the huts that they live in.

If you have to make a comment, please form it in a better question than a cop out, no thought, half a sentence.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Velvet Death

Hey there.

I think that the army on your doorstep is already causing unrest over there, don't you?? So I don't think that action of this nature would be a shock to anyone.

All I'm saying is that something should be done about the poppy problem and as long as the army is right there and all.....

If some Afghan lives get disrupted, too bad, they know what they grow is dangerous and could have reprisals.

Thanks for your reply. Take care

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hey Invisible Man,

I've actually been on ATS for some years now. I guess that I'm not as cynical as most people on this subject. Maybe I am a bit naive or more to the point, wishing that our government was not involved in this crap.

But you're probably right as rain.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dalek

Hey "D"

Thanks for the info. This is the answer that I was looking for. What you said here dovetails some of the things that the program I watched said as well.

Thanks for your reply.

top topics

join