It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time To End The Ron Paul Revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I liked everything you said until you mentioned Obama..

Anyone who is like Ron Paul .. and young like Obama .. wouldnt be good ...

only 1 name comes to mind... Hitler..

But really, Ron Paul is perfect. Do you really think the oldies in congress would listen to a younger version of Ron Paul?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cio88

Guess I could have left Obama name out of the picture.

Do you really think the oldies in congress would listen to a younger version of Ron Paul?

It is not about the oldies in Congress. It is about the people. If an energetic Ron type person was able to garnish attention from 50-60% of Americans, the main stream media and politicians in general wouldn't be able to minimize that person to the position of nothing. The oldies will have to pay attention.

Just look at the message Ron tried to send out time and time again. Who listened? Who were the ones that treated him like a plague or loony? He deserved to have been heard but got treated like dirt instead.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

They have been doing that to people for years. It's not like they do it because of what the person looks like, they will just say he is crazy for not going with the status quo.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ive noticed that the media and the other candidates gave him both the silent treatment and the stage stick. Yet he won the most applause in debates. Unfortunately most I talked to were upset about his wanting to end fiat money and his war policies.

My belief in this whole election sham-aroo is that a massive brainwashing template is always broadcast from multiple modern sources, causing peoples submissiveness and slightly drunken state.

mix in some dumbing down and you have perfect mass control.
I guess thats how i see it all. Just one big ball of stupid.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I agree man, only i think that their should be more than politicians just speaking out i think this should be common conversation, i think that the average american should know whats going on in this world, not only the average american but the average global citizen i think it's time for a change unlike anything we've ever seen.. .

[edit on 3-1-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
We could at the very least have a majority of house members like Ron Paul. We would then end up in a lot fewer wars since they would be the deciding factor in any war funding bill. We would have fewer restrictions on our freedom and also more of our own money to spend as we see fit.

I would vote for any qualified person with a similar view point for POTUS. They would need to be highly educated in constitutional law and also be a debate champion with a lot of confidence. The right person would need to likely be a business success and or at least highly paid professional of some sort that had some leadership skills.

If the person would speak out against the Neoconservatives and call them out on their lack of any kind of physical conservative values I would vote for them.

It would take a lot to make a chief executive that can handle the downsizing we really require in D.C.. They would have to have enough power to actually take on the entrenched big government people dug into the security apparatus of the US. I think if Colin Powell had not taken such a shot to his credibility by spouting the neocon lies to the world he might be a candidate.

I think if he had Chuck Hagel as his VP this would be a great ticket for the GOP if they could manage it but it seems unlikely.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I agree
More Ron Pauls are sorely needed
I think Sarah Palin will be a good one to watch; I like her.
A few more Sheriff Joes would be nice as well

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Instead of looking for someone to replaces Ron Paul as lead why don't each of you start leading?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ron was just the opening chorus ...
he Identified the problem ...
we are waiting for force on the population ... all for one one for all ...
check out jesse ventura ... Dont Start the Revolution without me.

Romeo Charle Zulu Hotel
A3 A44 01052009

JNL28 CHI99 UA9M3 5TYBK PLHRV

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The Ron Paul Fantasy needs to end.

It is amazing how an internet cult of personality can keep on going.

Ron Paul claim to fame is that he was one of a few Republicans that opposed the war in Iraq. That and his internet minions spammed every online poll known to man, then cried when it didn't translate into real votes.

Ron Paul burps every now and then and there are immediately 2-3 posts here on ATS letting everyone know how great the burp was.

I agree with the op....it needs to end.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Maybe we should get his buddy and close friend Alex Jones?

He's a good one eh??
('
')

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
All you gave your opinions about staying with Ron, finding people like Ron, or just forgetting about Ron and I respect all of your opinions. All I know is that we can't keep electing the same old people or recycling the same old people who are constantly promising every 2, 4, or 6 years to fix the problems America is facing, but don't. We really need to start getting more Independent minded people who care more about America than their own self interest. Maybe its just my wishful thinking, but I honestly feel that Americans like that still exist. Its just a matter of finding them and encouraging them to run for office. Is there a possibility that they may go astray once they get in office, I would say yes. However, I am willing to take a chance that they will do what is right for the good of America.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Apparently You never even paid attention to this man or His campaign. This man has been in congress over ten turns and guess what He practices what He preaches. As a matter of fact He voted no to giving Galveston federal money to rebuild. Why on earth would He do that? The reason He did that is because He practices what He preaches and He lives by his word. Yes there was a revolution but guess what He was never mentioned in the news once unless they called him a racist. This man made more in donations than the other republicans and guess what Mc'Cain did not win the primaries it was given to him plain and simple. Yes I live in Louisiana and guess what rules were broken and all the points were awarded to Mc'Cain when it should have went to another such as the Huckster ....... So How bout You do some research into what this man stands for and maybe You will be like WTF why did the elite keep this man quite?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ron Paul wasn't on my ballot, but I wrote his name in. Insead of ending the Ron Paul revolution more people should get behind the man. Of course thats only if you value honesty and integrity in your elected officials. Now if you value greed driven politicians who can lie to your face without batting an eyelash just keep voting for these cookie cutter corporate lap dogs being sponsered by the mass media.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The "Revolution" doesn't need to "end" in order to facilitate this changing of the guard, but I think to keep calling it the Ron Paul Revolution would be intellectually dishonest. He has said several times that this movement is not about him, and yet people still swoon to him instead of taking matters into their own hands.

"Thank God we have Ron Paul!"

Yeah, well, what'll happen when he...uh..kicks the bucket?

Ron's problems were not so much his as some of his supporters. For all of the tinfoilers out there that chanted his name, there was a daily news man to snap shots for a cover story.

It was ironic really. For people that were afraid of the "man" so much, they were brought down because they didn't have enough foresight to recognize that they scared a majority of people.

But in another 4-8 years, we should be ready. My own personal choice for an immediate successor would be Gary Johnson. I've read and seen some of what he has to say and he is a very articulate speaker quite capable of taming the Ron Paul crowd. The only thing I fear is if Obama can pull something out of his (ass) hat at the 11th hour, then if Johnson even gets the nomination, he'll be immediately wasted.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Call it a generation gap or a changing of the guard, we need to find a younger version of Ron Paul with an Obama like persona who can electrify and motivate people into taking action rather than sitting back.

I think I see some merits to your entire arguement. One thing lots of people forget is "Passion". Ron Paul is older yes but his passion in what he is doing will keep him fighting like a young pitbull. Unfortunately, there are only young cowards in the political arena who dont have a fraction of Ron Pauls passion.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I am he whom you seek. Give me 16 years, my political objectives will be achieved. I will be seated pleasantly in the Senate and well on my way to attaining the seat of the presidency. Vote Fochtman '24.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

what about RFK junior???

what about jesse ventura????

they are both old enough but young and hip enough to get both young and old on the bandwagon

edit ti add

with ron paul as adviser or conseardi if you will

[edit on 3-2-2009 by lycopersicum]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join