It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Year fixed mortgages @ 4.875%

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Only thing that can help right is loan mods.... loan mods.... loan mods.... loan mods....

Get them before you can. bottom line, just gotta show a hardship

A great option for those who can show hardship, but be weary of the terms and long term implications. Also alot of lenders have changed there lingo lately and are calling Refinances, loan modifications. Countrywide is horrible with this.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

Originally posted by VelmaLu
I tried to refinance the home I bought a few years ago, and I have sterling credit. The problem I have is the home won't appraise for what I owe on it. How do you get around that?

It will be tough, Your first step is talking to the lender themselves but realize if your rate has not adjusted, you can still afford your payments and you've never been late you probably wont get far. My suggestion if your not looking to move relax and realize you made a long term investment.

Just be careful as far as there offers to you, It will be in there best interest and could be poison that may damage your sterling credit. If something they say sounds iffy feel free to u2u me.

When I bought the property, I realized what was coming, I just didn't see it being this bad. So I negotiated a price at 10% - 15% below other properties on the market, actually about $20 per foot below what it would cost a contractor to build a lesser quality home.

A big bunch of new homes (probably 50) are currently being constructed across the street, which will further drive down prices as brand new places are sitting vacant. I'd love to personally thank the idiot behind that project.

I'm in good shape. My credit score is over 800, I have no debts other than my mortgage, I have six months worth of savings, I was able to get a decent interest rate. I'm just sort of pissed off that I'm being punished for doing everything right.

I had intended to keep the place another year, with a fallback position of keeping it another four if things got bad. Now it looks like I might be lucky to break even by that time. Maybe. I have stopped investing money into any improvements, as the house is currently not worth what I owe on it. That's in case something really bad happens and I have to walk away later I won't have invested in a sinking ship.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

CURRENT 1 MO. PRIOR
15-YEAR 5.35 6.04
30-YEAR 5.58 6.41
1-YEAR ARM 5.52 5.88

www.bloomberg.com...

Not sure what bank your working for? .. 5.5% is a good rate anyways, but I def don't see no 4%ish range....

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Not quite.... Countrywide is the best to do this with... just have to know how to work it... have plenty of friends doing loan mods, Hardship is not that hard to show. As far as long term ramification, if your in an adjustable or going to be and have no equaty, or are upside down, its the alternative to forclosure.

Unsecured Debt = Debt Settlement.
Mortage = Loan Modification
Car = Repo + Debt Settlement = only paying back a small portion
Taxes = Tax Settlement Company

Most people are running out of options. As Far as Credit *your great credit got you into debt you can't dig yourself out of*

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

My parents sold their first home in 1989. They made a 9k profit.

It was in the middle of a tough economy..

Had they waited 5 years, they would have made over 60k in profit.

My advice.. don't sell your home in the midst of real estate deflation.

If your loan is bellow 6%, you have a relatively good rate.

PS good credit seems to mean nothing.. I have perfect credit and my Wall Mart credit card (for sams club) of all cards got its line of credit rolled back. I was seriously hysterically laughing when I read the letter.

[edit on 12/4/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
More detailed summary:

CURRENT 1 MONTH
PRIOR 3 MONTH
PRIOR 6 MONTH
PRIOR 1 YEAR
PRIOR
30-Year Fixed 5.58 6.41 6.19 5.98 5.6
15-Year Fixed 5.35 6.04 5.71 5.54 5.18
5/1-Year ARM 5.88 6.04 5.86 5.29 5.49
1-Year ARM 5.52 5.88 6.06 5.96 5.45
30-Year Fixed Jumbo 7.06 7.46 7.43 7.15 6.49
15-Year Fixed Jumbo 6.29 6.84 6.72 6.65 6.17
5/1-Year ARM Jumbo 5.91 6.19 6.39 6.15 5.99

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Heres an idea for everyone. Go live with your parents for a few years or a cheap cheap apartment save up money and PAY for a house in full or pay most of it. These banks are crooks. Dont think for a minute they wont manipulate the market again. No mortgage = no interest which = hundreds of thousands in savings. My next house will be paid for in cash when I build it. No more mortgages for me after this mess.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

Sounds as if you did everything right and are being caught up in the mess. Just dont believe the news when they act as if new home starts falling as a bad thing. It's a great thing for all of us. Hopefully you can ride it.

As far as improvements, If your doing it for value reasons i would personally hold off BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i do not live in your area, the best person to answer that question would be a reputable realtor or even a bored appraiser (lots of them now). They will know your market much better and have good advice as far as what is helping sell homes.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Very much agree mate.. I won't buy my home until I have at a minimum 20% down. It would take me forever to buy a house in full where I am moving (stupid housing bubble)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They are reporting an average of retail rates around the nation, as a broker we get wholesale pricing. Think costco versus safeway.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

LOL, understood.. I used to broker insurance and other financial investments and the return or benefits ranged wildly..

I dunno why.. but I would be wary of a bank offering such a low interest rate lol...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Is it possible to qualify for anything without a down payment?

We have great credit (750-780 last I checked) and spotless rental history and employment history it's just for one reason or another we havent been able to build 20% down.

I love how I can spend $1000/month rent for years but cant get a $800/month mortgage. That really pisses me off.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It would be very difficult to find true 100% financing these days. You can do an FHA 30 year fixed at 97% LTV....rate in the low 5% range. If you can produce 3% down you should be good.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

In your scenario you are correct. What i said is be wary of those calling a refi a loan mod, there is a difference. And a loan mod is an excellent option to foreclosure.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I'm not sure of your angst towars me or why you feel insurance brokering is the same as mortgage. Brokering is but rate and fee structure? If you dont believe me fine talk to the lady earlier in the post who has 5.25% which i'm sure she got locked last week.

Any other brokers out there back me on this? I am quoting Eagle wholesale.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Depending on where you are buying, county and city. you could qualify for a USGA? rural housing program, although some approved areas are not that rural. This is a zero down program. Guidelines are tight but sounds as if it would be worth your time investigating. I am sorry i do not have more info on this as i have not done one of these loans yet. I would get a referal to a local trustworthy and expeirienced mortgage broker in your area and reference this program.

Sorry i am assuming you are not a veteran, if you are then go VA.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by anotherdad]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

In financial terms, especially mortgages or insurance or financial services "brokering" refers to the distribution of multiple companies.. essentially being the middle man or the one who creates the relation between client and companies.

Being a "broker" for a "Brokerage" firm wouldn't exactly give you insight into writing mortgages...

Perhaps we see the term "Broker" as something different?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I am a MORTGAGE BROKER, not sure what your point is. I know what "broker" means.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
4.8% is hardly newsworthy.
When its below 2% then it is newsworthy.
I see this as a thread just trying to get business.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

I am a MORTGAGE BROKER, not sure what your point is. I know what "broker" means.

Wow a little touchy arent we? Yes brokers do have a wholesale sheet to work from but generally the people end up paying retail anyways because the brokers make the difference in back end money.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join