It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The Safety of America: Fingerprinted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i want to pose a question to you. i recently found out that the government wants to fingerprint all incoming immigrants. they will use this fingerprints for "identification" in case they commit a crime. i think its bull #

finger printing someone before they commit a crime is like telling them "your a criminal for being an immigrant". the statue of liberty says

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

i dont see anything about them having to be fingerprinted. what happened to america being the land where people come to when they seek better life.

anyway

what are your thoughts on this? is it constitutional? should they be allowed to do this? do they have the man power to do it?

what stops them from demanding everyone to get fingerprinted?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
nothing can stop them

they make the rules, you follow the rules

if you don't then you:

A. Get medicated
B. Institutionalized
C. Incarcerated
D. Disappeared

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

thats a cop-out we shouldn't rely on the government the government should rely on us. we put the people in power and we should be able to remove them as well.

and we can stop them if they aren't following the constitution.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by warrenb

thats a cop-out we shouldn't rely on the government the government should rely on us. we put the people in power and we should be able to remove them as well.

and we can stop them if they aren't following the constitution.

You are an idealist after my own heart! However the presumption that 'we' put these people in power is open for debate.

Notice that it is virtually never discussed that people vote for whomever the party selects, there is no popular vote. They are a small circle of social-elitists who have - generally speaking - held our government in their pockets for the last 100 years or so. The government ALWAYS serves them; it only serves us SOMETIMES.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i didnt make this thread to argue government ethics.

i am jsut simply asking whether or not its constitutional or morally acceptable to fingerprint all incoming immigrants.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have linked this in another thread but I urge you to take a look. This is the UK governments website regarding I.D cards, the bit that gets me is The cards will be linked to their owners by unique biometric information (for example, fingerprints). This is needed to ensure that your card is really yours, and to protect you from identity theft.

This my friend is not just incoming immigrants but the whole population. Another quote These identity details and the biometrics will be stored on the national identity register.

And you think you have it bad, I have never broken the law (ok maybe a couple of speeding fines) so why should I have my fingers printed. People in the UK need to wake up as to what is happening or we will waken one day to find that George Orwell was 110% right.

Edit for Linky
www.homeoffice.gov.uk...

[edit on 4-12-2008 by yeebsy]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

exactly my point they are tagging citizens before they commit the crime. is this constitutional?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Maybe they want the fingerprints so they can copy them and use them in covert operations around.

What better way than to commit a crime or operation and leave fingerprints so somebody can blame it on Pedro.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Maybe they want the fingerprints so they can copy them and use them in covert operations around.

What better way than to commit a crime or operation and leave fingerprints so somebody can blame it on Pedro.

that makes sense. i mean false flag operation made easy. get some arab guys fingerprints put them on a building blow it up and bam you got world war 3

top topics

join