It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Ufo shooting out of the ocean[HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
to me, the splash of water doesnt look right.

A spherical or saucer shaped object coming OUT of the water should have a different splash pattern imo. But im no expert, thats just what it feels like to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hopefully everyone can see our dolphin here.

Clearly by the evidence of being run through cs3 which was denied by the OP. This is an obvious hoax. Is this what Deny Ignorance means? By leaving obvious hoaxes up here for an example of what not to do?

Or by leaving it here, is an advertisment for people to reply to nonsense creating more action here at this website?

Either way, it's ignorant.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
Troll defeated.

ATS 1, Troll 0

I know this was intended as an insult for the most part, but if a troll had defeated ATS, how would you know to put a +1 to the troll side.
Just had to...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Can you explain why I found your EXACT image (unedited) on the NOAA web site when searching for the term "breach splash" on google image?

LINK

NOAA photo:

"Your" Photo:

By becoming a member of these domains, you agree to the following:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Forum posts, private messages, PODcasts, blog entries, and other supported content that violate these terms and conditions are subject to action that may include, but is not limited to, edits, removal, or account termination.

ATS Terms & Conditions of Use ... I suggest you read them....

[edit on 12/4/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Um.. Sorry to be mean Ayumi.. but this "is" fake.

The water effect of the burst you have in this photo is of something coming down, not going up and in a forward motion, even if this "was" a USO then it would be going into the water.. Im sorry but I cant give you anything else :-/ I try to give reason to everything but unless you were lieing about the situation then it is in fact a fake.

-Bear

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayumi

Sorry, looks fake to me. I went to You Tube and looked at whales jumping out of the water and coming OUT of the water there's almost no splashing of water.
That's a WHALE, which is a huge animal. Go look for yourself on U tube.

Your pic looks like splash of diving into the water. That's the way I see it.

Foot note:
Looks like we all thought the same thing and posted our reason "on the splash" not looking correct................NOT COOL.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by merky]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

OK, ALL those who would claim that those with a SKEPTICAL approach are harming those who would tell real stories.

LOOK at the APPARENTLY sincere post of this "Member".

Hi all, i'm Ayumi. Yesterday I was out fishing with friends and family just north of Taipei, in the East China Sea. We were filming dolphins swimming near the boat, so I had my digital camera facing the water, snapping pictures, when all of a sudden the dolphins jolted off in to the water like something was coming and all of a sudden this shiny white chrome like object shot out of the water, exactly where the dolphins were.
I was able to snap a picture of it flying out of the water, because I just had that feeling like something is going to happen. I read ATS alot and thought I would share this incredible experience I had yesterday
Just dripping with sincerity. Even picked a 'cutsey name'. Ayumi. Oh how darling.

Lots of feeling and character.

Yet it's ALL a LIE.

Next, Ayumi says all indignantly:

Thats so not funny. Please take your immature views some where else.
How sincere. Aw, we've hurt his/her feeling. Big bad skeptics. But it was a LIE.

Then he/she sees a sympathetic Member and pumps it up:

Thank you for the kind reply, hopefully someone learns from your example. I see what you're talking about, but I believe that to be from the poor quality camera. You have to see to believe, it's just one of those things.
Flush with humility and asking for understanding, all the while laughing at everyone here. Everyone who were just telling the truth, which this liar used to discredit honest ATS Members.

I dont even know what CS3 is? What does that stand for?
Blatantly lies again, while CS3 is open on his/her desktop. Was it funny Ayumi??

So next time a NICE new Member comes on and posts a potentially real picture, because of people like AYUMI, they'll go through a lot of doubt and questions. NOT because of skeptics. Because of people like AYUMI.

Nice going, buddy. You did us a favor.
Hoax detecting improved.

But you didn't do any favors for real experiencers.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 12/5/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
to me, the splash of water doesnt look right.

A spherical or saucer shaped object coming OUT of the water should have a different splash pattern imo. But im no expert, thats just what it feels like to me.

Spot On!!!

That was my initial thought as well.

Wacked!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that King Lizard rocks.

Nice find on the pic. Nothing quite so satisfying as seeing a hoaxer exposed

Ntm that it sort of validated my immaturity

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
reply to post by Kliskey

Iggy Ape has a posher system than I do obviously,

On this laptop(not my studio PC) it's just basic xp home.and under 'properties' I only get 'General' and 'Summary' with a sub tag labelled 'advanced'

It' shows CS3 under summary.. and I only have 'Elements 6' on this machine. CS3 is on the other one.

As the OP has obviously seen 'Ape's rather 'damning' evidence posted,I'm guessing he won't be back to play.
If he does come back I'd still be interested to have a closer look at the original pic.

The splash suggests a submerging angled impact from above. rather than an 'emerging object'. Eg landing whale/dolphin after a jump'.

Purely my own opinion tho.

(My edit too.)

Lol don't worry.
People rely on others NOT knowing these little bitties when they try to post ill conceived hoaxes.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by AGENT_T]

If I recall from when I used to use windows back in the day. You can just open the picture with Notepad or Wordpad and Cntrl+F(Find) "CS3". Photoshop embeds information in pictures when they are saved.

BTW, ROFL at OP being caught. He isn't banned? He might as well just not post anything anymore. How is anyone going to take anything he says seriously?

[edit on 12/5/2008 by Andre Neves]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
the photo never sets alarms off with me...

It's the preceding commentary by the offending troll...

They are already making claims of aliens, nibiru, and Illuminati without any honest requests for real analysis or opinions.

maybe next time... if you want to be a really good hoaxer....try this.."Gee guys, I took a pick and don't know what it is.... could the good ATS experts pls spend their valuable time and analyze this. I would appreciate that this thread good go at least 6 or 7 posts before everyone, expert or not starts screaming hoax! and troll!

Thx, I'm unemployed, live at home and 38 and never kissed a girl...so some meaningful responses will help boost my self esteem.

If not... I still got half a bag of Doritos left, and some nasty torrent movies.

edit for sp.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by wrathchild]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild

Thx, I'm unemployed, live at home and 38 and never kissed a girl...so some meaningful responses will help boost my self esteem.

If not... I still got half a bag of Doritos left, and some nasty torrent movies.

edit for sp.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by wrathchild]

OMG LOL!!!! Too funny!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
A Whale shooting his load.... Photos is a before and after

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So uhh...where is ayumi now I wonder?

I wonder if being exposed as a hoaxer stings.
I know it stings me, especially when I try to post legit threads to gain enlightenment from posters on ATS only to have them bypass my thread to come look at BS..

Good job ayumi, now I know what to do.
I mean who knew posting whack crap was so profitable?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
So is this going to be left open for another 5 pages of jibber jabber?Or was the evidence of the hoax not conclusive enough?I dont get it

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So can we hang the [HOAX] tags on this one MODS?
I'm surprised it wasn't done by the end of the first page

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Can I ask, why no warning? why not banned? I haven't seen a member warning for a long time, has anyone else?

Mods has there been a policy change on warnings? Something I've noticed (could be wrong )

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Haha trust me warnings are still around.I got warned the other day for something far less stupid than this.Maybe its ok to make sensational hoaxes but not sensational comments?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
To those who may verbally bash the skeptical inquiring members....

This is the exact reason you need us here!

IRM

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Thanks for all the stars guys. Sorry for the somewhat angry tone of that post. The way the hoaxer caused Iggy to get an OT irritated me. Of course we have to remain within T&C, and one can illustrate problems without edging towards an abusive tone.

On hoax tags and close. Only Admin can put hoax tags on, not Mods. They decide to do so - when they decide - no biggie.

I can't close the thread because I'm posting in it.

But we can talk about:
1. Unidentified submerged objects;
2. Technology of craft transversing the air-water interface (this has been done in the aircraft forum;
3. Techniques of debunking, hoaxer 'tells' (as in poker bluffing);
4. Digital imagery alteration;
5. Psychology of hoaxing...

...and so forth. No need to keep calling for closing or hoax tags. OK. (asked as a Member not a Mod)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join