It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What turns the Earth on its own axis, at a constant speed, day in day out, each and every day ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here is an experiment for you.

take a dc motor found in any remote controlled car and remove it.
attatch the battery holderwires(red,black) back to the motors wires. now with the output shaft spinning counterclockwise, grab the wires comming out of the back of the motor and holding the wires let the motor dangle freely. now with the motor spinning counter clockwise, you spin your hand counter clockwise. what happens?

can you explain why it happens?

maybe this might open up your mind a little.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iismtivu

I don't have a toy car.
Are you talking about the gyroscopic effect? It has nothing to do with electricity, gravity, or magnetism. It is caused by angular momentum.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by iismtivu

No i dont believe in either.

Get a pair of polarized sunglasses, it's real and yet it has nothing to do with "charge."

seems you would be crazy and even considered a heretic to beileve man could fly...but a few shart years later...walla man flew..... then electricity... another possibility, yet edison made a light bulb.

Doubting man's engineering ingenuity is one thing, but it has nothing to do with denying (or ignorance in) basic physics that have been proven repeatedly for over a hundred years.

fortunately for mankind these were all accomplished by men who like me, dared to believe something different.

First you compare yourself to einstein then edison all because you don't understand the meaning of basic scientific terminology? Just a minute ago I saw you claiming that ions have no charge and that photons are composed of atoms. That's not "daring," that's ignorance. Unless you have some darn hard evidence to turn every known fact about physics upside down, there's no reason to claim that photons are massive particles made of atoms and that ions have no charge.

so, yes you are not going to change what i think or believe and in 20 years if you and others still remain closeminded

Present some strong evidence for these incredible claims and I'll show you how open minded I actually am.

you will be paying 8.00 gas to put in your internal combustion engines.

If you really are as smart as einstein and edison as you seem to think you are, then you'd be the one inventing the next great engine. We'd all be buying it from you and no one would be paying 8 dollars a gallon. Your scenario is a false dilemna. I can be as open minded as possible and still end up paying 8 bucks a gallon in 20 years.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

i dont have to create an engine. we already have the next engine.

it's called a gas turbine engine which is different than a jet engine....
as you take the exaust from the combustion chamber and directit across blades which spin. by the way, much more efficient than a piston engine as your not wasting energy by converting up and down motion to circular motion.

mario andretti raced one in the indy 500 in the 70's. and had over half a lap lead on the field when something broke and ended his race into history.

and recently a man stumbled upon being ablle to burn salt water by hitting it with a rf frequency.....www.youtube.com...

there you go new engine....but then again you all think i'm nuts.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iismtivu
reply to post by ngchunter

i dont have to create an engine. we already have the next engine.

it's called a gas turbine engine which is different than a jet engine....
by the way, much more efficient than a piston engine as your not wasting energy by converting up and down motion to circular motion.

It's only more efficient at certain range of RPMs and not as responsive as a piston engine, but would you like to tell me what this has to do with the topic at hand?

and recently a man stumbled upon being ablle to burn salt water by hitting it with a rf frequency.....www.youtube.com...
there you go new engine

I've heard of that discovery, it's potentionally useful for desalination, but the energy it takes to power the radio frequency generator is more than the energy retrieved from burning the salt water, so it's useless as a source of fuel.

....but then again you all think i'm nuts.

so, yes you are not going to change what i think or believe

No, I just think you're incredibly close minded for someone who is so adament about being open minded to anything without any supporting evidence. If you were as intelligent as you claim to be you could invent something far better than the examples you give - nothing has taken off yet because nothing is the end all be all solution yet.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
great post enjoyed the discussion thoroughly, but particularly for this forum i wish many would refrain from using wikipedia as a source, now that's just lazy

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I believe that what you all are looking for is available at a website called SuperRelativity.org. It is a new revolutionary TOE. Especially read the technical paper on Gravity it is a real jaw dropper.www.superrelativity.org

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
hmm lets see how good i remember my astronomy..
the sun moves through space.. is equator turns 28 days ..but its poles are a little slower to rotate, as tehirs no solid surface..its gravity churning a huge fireball. Mercury takes 88 days to go around the sun, but rotates east to west in 99 days, Venus takes about 247 days to make one rotation, and its retorgrade..sun rises in west, sets in the east. Earth 24 huors 365 days to make one orbit..Mars, take 2 1/2 years to make one orbit, and spins east to west, 23 huors.. Jupiter, spins on average 9 huors for one rotation, and does have some sheperding satlelites taht orbit it retrograde.. saturn 10 huors, retrograde satellites..now Uranus, is flopped on its side,a nd its meagnetic field is spriling some 400,000 twisted miles out into space...its poles are technically its equator, but its magnetic field if offset from its core, by some 47 degrees.. Neptune, takes about 147 years to make one orbit, and pulto, orbits the sun retrograde.... some 250 years to make one orbit as for tis rotation..i a dont know, but i have learned recently, pluto has 3 moons now!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
video.google.com...

If you can get through this 4 hour video, it will give you an understanding through a theory of physics. What makes the electrons fly around an atom? Same force. Watch it, it is a super video.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by iismtivu

Do you have documented proof the earth rotates on an axis? Do you know for a fact that the earth rotates at all, or around the sun? I'm just curious. In the Bible, God created Earth before the sun. The Earth is the center of our universe. God said the earth is fixed and does not move. I'd like to hear other opinions.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Rotation can be transmitted by magnetic means.
Say by two planets passing one another.

Thus once set in motion, the object stays in motion, a Newton Law.

The gravitational explanation for motion in a plane by all
the planets is easy, the Suns mass on either side pulls the
planet to the equator.

How about electric current going into the Sun at its equator,
that's a new one.

ED: As Kenneth said, "Whats the frequency?":
www.youtube.com...
He never did say. Tesla was all about RF.

ED: An oil company is an oil company and not going into
the salt water fuel business.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 1/10/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hey, why the our moon doesn't spin? It hink is the only moon in the solar system that doesn't.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digitalo
Hey, why the our moon doesn't spin? It hink is the only moon in the solar system that doesn't.

I don't think any planet moon spins.

Tesla must have written in magazines and newspapers many times on this
and other science and physical mysteries.

For almost the same reason all planets spin at the Suns equator:
moving above or below the plane means the gravity imbalance
from the Sun's mass will pull it back to the equator.

The Moon tries to spin against the Earth's gravity and soon gives up.
Apparently the going away is not offset by the moving toward
Earth's gravity to even out the effect.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The Earth has one magnetic field. It is thought to be produced by convection and rotation of iron and nickel within the Earth's outer core.

Movement through the magnetic field of the Sun does not cause the Earth's magnetic field. It is not like rubbing an iron bar with a magnet

Yes, I remember that from Geology class in college. In fact, the professor told us that it was the heat inside the Earth churning it all up that caused the planet to spin. He said that over the long run the Earth was cooling and that eventually it would stop spinning altogether. Weird, huh? But he said not to expect that for a while.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think jupiter's moon europa spin on its axis.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think, you guys should listen to this guy

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The moon is tidally locked to the earth. Most of the moons are.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Sorry to say but Mars and Venus and about 99% of the planets and moons have a magnetic field.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

It does spin, it just looks like it doesn't from Earth. It rotates to face us in fact and rotates at about the same rate as its orbit. I say about because its orbit isn't a perfect circle, its elliptical and so the rotation and the orbit don't synch up perfectly meaning we see about 58% of the surface rather than the 50% you might otherwise assume.

One interesting moon planet relationship in our solar system is Pluto and Charon, Charon it orbits Pluto once for each rotation of Pluto meaning its always over the same place on Pluto. Supposedly given enough time this is a fairly typical when it comes to planets and moons.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriosityStrikes

Yes, thank you. You put that better than I could have. It's still sort of an odd way to spin though. From my understanding there are a lot of mysterious qualities about our moon. For instance, its densest part is off-center. And why should always the same side be facing Earth? My understanding is that the experts don't agree on the answers.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join