It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is closer than people realize.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by Jkd Up

i think i'ld give it a miss unless it had directions to that palace you mentioned, if i thought it did, i'll be sure to poke it with a really long stick a few times before i approach.

You're gonna have to probe my dead brain to get the directions to that...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
reply to post by Jkd Up

Youve got a palace? Its going to be tough keeping the chandeliers lit without power. But good planning is good planning.

As to the whole 85% of the urban population being wiped out. I could actually see that happening. Notice that most who post in this forum dont live in cities or are trying to get out of them, might be something to that.

The 85% isnt a concern to me, they are the sheeple, they really arent alive in my mind anyways. Just go through the motions, whine when they dont get a raise and turn on the newest episode of Survivor at night.

The 15% who do make it would concern me greatly if I lived near a major metro area. Once death and chaos reign in the cities, these people are coming to a rural town near you. They have allready proven survivors, have any weapons available, have blood on their hands, and have probably massed into functioning gangs of some sort. This is certainly something worth preparing for.

As to what to prepare for and why. Get ready for anything, or you will be prepared for nothing. I truely hope and pray that all of my labor and time spent preparing for the worst winds up a waste of time, but one never knows. I would rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

I agree completely... The dead don't worry me... the packs of marauding thugs do!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

euugh, not a nice image.

i might say, after all that death, like 5 or 5.5 billion people dying, i don't think the survivors are going to turn into evil monsters. most people are basically pretty good people.

i mean, really, i would try to help others that have managed to survive stay that way, most people would. one of the best survival techniques is to work together, thats why we started doing it in the first place, and it's been quite sucessful.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'd like to think that people are generally nice PIEMAN. I really would. But I have lives that depend on me being ready for everything. I think that the truce may last a bit, but when people realized they are on their own... It might not be as civil. I heard this quote somewhere though the author is unknown:

"Imagine how wonderful world peace would be. How serene and quiet everything would be... Until the looting started."

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
Your preparedness is about to be tested.

Are you prepared to bug out today?

You accept that the 2012 phenomenon is real, but you fail to understand the meaning behind it. As I've learned the meaning of "bug out" over the past couple of weeks, their really isn't a reason to bug out.

Sure you'll do better not to follow the cows and sheep, but the governments will just be trying to keep it together and help people. Those men in army uniforms are not your enemy, they are your brothers.

There is only one way to overcome what has and is and is to come upon this planet of man, and that is to face openly the unfolding story line.

There will come a point when a lotto is drawn to spaces in the governmental bunkers. However you'd be a fool to go in because those bunkers become tombs.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Sure you'll do better not to follow the cows and sheep, but the governments will just be trying to keep it together and help people. Those men in army uniforms are not your enemy, they are your brothers.

Funniest thing Ive read on ATS all day. That you for the good laugh. The government trying to help me? My brothers? I seem to remember an old story about Caine and Able. Also, something about a Katrina comes to mind as well.

When sit-x comes down, Ill be with those I know and trust, the government can try to "help" whomever they want, but it certainly isnt going to be me. Ill take my chances with people like myself off the grid away from the insanity. Have a good time in your rescue camp.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

You make a good point. Maybe my point wasn't compleatly clear. Yes, government seems to have its head in its rear alot of the time. They can be a little unfocused on goals and such. However, and this is my point, you shouldn't mistrust your government in some "evil overlord" way.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I think I understand what you are getting at, but I need to disagree with you in part.

Lets say a group of people paid a good deal of money and time to a select organization for protection. Over the years the organization getting paid never really had to do much but collect their check, tell everyone that everything was fine and go about their business. On day a pack of rabid dogs runs in and eats the poor tired group of people. Your protection agency says oops, now we need more money and time to make certain this doesnt happen again.

See where I'm going with this? Governments in theory are a good thing. Doesnt matter what, a Republic like Plato envisioned, a Democracy like the US has in theory, even Marxist and Monachies look good on paper. In principal, none of them really work for the people that put them in place. They get lazy, over complicated and fail to serve the people as when they were created in the first place until people finally start saying things like "it doesnt matter theyre all a bunch of crooks" or "no, I cant name the Bill of Rights, that stuff old and boring".

You can imagine the world in collapse any way you wish, 2012, aliens, pandemic, socital collapse, whatever floats your conspiracy boat. I think the question the OP was challenging us with was, no matter what happens, will you be able right now to take care of yourself.

Could you survive another Katrina meltdown? An angry mob of zombies? Do you have what it takes right now, to cut ties with the ease of society and make it on your own should you have to.

The world is a scary place, and its getting worse. I work everyday in some fashion to prepare for the worst, while I hope it never comes, I am ready if it will. I hope you too can say the same.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Okay, maybe I'm seeing your point. You think everyone in government is an idiot? The 2012 phenomenon is real, and money isn't. Maybe my understanding of that has me biased, but the debts and dues of this world go out the window of time when the tower falls.

Might it be you're so stuck in the moment you fail to see that?

I know each person is their own being. Sure many like the pleasures that money can provide, but when those pleasures are taken away so to does the power of the money. Unless someone is such an idiot they can be fooled into thinking that power resides in paper.

Are you such a fool? No, of course you are not, so why would you fool yourself assuming "they" are such a fool?

Think about that.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't lust for money and comfort but I enjoy it very much. I worked hard for my money and I spend it and play as much as possible.

One of the things I've done to ensure that I Continue to be as comfortable as possible if TSHTF is to prepare not only with taking in supplies and preparing to be self sufficient I have also made very wise investments that are already worth more than originally on any given day.

As far as the end being near, well, I almost welcome the end to the era we are currently experiencing. We are in the era of greed and super consumption.

I'll only go back through a short list of endings. We lived through the horse and buggy era, the roaring 20's and the awful 50's. Well. you should be getting the picture that we are continually ending and rebuilding.

I believe it is a good thing. I believe we need to get back to basics. We need to learn to take care of ourselves and each other.

We will survive the end of the world as we know it now. I believe we will go into an age of enlightenment that no one can really imagine right now.

We may well get some cuts and bruises but it will be well worth the effort many of us are putting forth.

I am ready for the change. Our world is almost total confusion and chaos. We need grounding in the worst way. It's coming. Embrace it. Live it.

I have felt the change coming for many years. When the dust settles all will be well with our world for a time. It's up to us how long that time will last.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Today is a good day to die. Period. And yes this is a one line post. Period.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The end IS closer than people realize and it ALWAYS has been, relatively speaking.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I had kittens for about 24 hrs after I saw the blue turban but when I read this thread... I calmed down:

Chicken Little, The sky if falling

Lately, I reckon if the end was upon us, it would be a very quick end and we would all look and go... ooo the sky is red... and that would be it.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Your post just reminded me of what my father told me during the Bay of Pigs crisis many moons ago.

I did then and still do live on the southeast coast. Dad said, " Ink spot, look due south, when you see a big flash it will be all over, no more worries. Now go play". I didn't realize many were expecting our area to be blown off the map.

We are going through interesting times but don't give up the ship just yet. Fasten your seat belt for one hell of a ride.

Rock on.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Wait.

I just felt it...

Nope.

Gas.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
Today is a good day to die. Period. And yes this is a one line post. Period.

As long as it's for Survival or the right reason... I couln't agree with you more!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A lot of people are stocking up and preparing for sit x. One thing I think people miss is that if door-to-door searches/round-ups occur, all your careful planning and stocking up will be for nought.

More than "stuff", you need a PLACE. Stuff is helpful in survival but if you're on the run you'll only have as much stuff as you can carry on your back.

I've lived through a house fire and the only stuff I made it out with was what I went to bed wearing!

I live in a rural area and I don't think it's very safe at all. Most of the people around here are dirt poor and don't have a clue how to survive. According to that offenders registry, quite a few of them live in the neighborhood or within a 5 mile radius. Not a comforting thought.

One needs a base of operations or to resign themselves to being a "fugitive".

I have plenty of "stuff" for survival and a good knowledge base but I don't think that's going to keep my door from being kicked in at 3 in the morning and me hauled off to a FEMA camp.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by whitewave]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Sure you'll do better not to follow the cows and sheep, but the governments will just be trying to keep it together and help people. Those men in army uniforms are not your enemy, they are your brothers."

Yes, those men are my brothers. When they are not following orders from a government that is trying to round up my family, or take my guns.

Look at what happened after Katrina. They rounded people up, stuffed them in FEMA camps, and took the guns of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS! They decided to give them back after two years when they were just a pile of rusted metal.

Now i guess there is a reason to bug out.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Anuubis]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

Hey, you forgot... That during Katrina, after the government agents took the firearms from the people who only wanted to protect their lives and homes, they WERE nice enought to let the people stay... Unarmed... In their homes. That was so nice of them!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Yep, can't forget that. So much for the government wanting to help. I can live without their "help"!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join