It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone going to the inauguration?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Self explanatory.

I live here in DC and was considering going to the presidential inauguration.
I haven't looked in detail into the ticket situation yet, I'm not even sure I can get any, but Im thinking I would like to go.

Have any of you fine folks decided to go?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Personally I'd rather be chained and beaten.

That sentiment has nothing to do with Obama either. Good for him for winning, it's very historic.

I couldn't handle that many raving liberals in one area though. Or just that many people period for that matter.

And you know they'll all be chanting "Yes we DID"

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I'm sure we can find a nice moderate protest for you.
Something fun like Bahá'í against Obama.
Mmmmmm, that's good chanting.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nahh. I'm not about protesting.

I'm glad the guy won at this point.

Either he makes good on his promises and gets this country moving again, or he exposes the liberal agenda for the mess it is.

Either way, something good may come of it. Although I'd just as soon have him do an awesome job. I don't know how the country will make it if he doesn't.

I just couldn't handle all those people.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

See, that's why I have so much respect for you nyk.

So many people it seems want to see this man fail so that the republicans regain power. The price of failure here would be enormous. How can anyone prefer to see this country go further down the tubes, with people suffering all over, just for the sake of ideology is beyond me.

I like the guy but even if McCain had won I'd want him to succeed.

If Obama comes through with half the stuff he promised and it's affective I'll be a happy camper. I'm just having a hard time understanding the hate at the expense of one's own interests.

The Greeks who invented the concept of "spite" described it as such: If you can't push your enemy over the cliff then you must pull him over.

In any case, these days DC is positively buzzing. The inauguration itself should be something special.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm sure that it will be a sight to see.

Perhaps if he throws a giant party after he has righted the ship and given us several years of growth and prosperity, I'll buy a ticket to go. Until then, I'll just stay here, work hard, and try to keep my own ship on the right path. Honestly though, I wish him all the best.

I just can't see myself getting that excited when he really hasn't done anything of significance yet, except for be a black man who was elected President. (I mean that with all due respect)

But you live in DC, so it would be a lot easier for you to go. (except for the outrageous ticket prices)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Actually:

Entire Mall Open for Inauguration
For the first time in history, the entire National Mall will be open to the public for an inauguration, the Presidential Inaugural Committee announced today.

wp

I don't know if I want to deal with all those masses of people though.
Maybe there's a vip section.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Maybe there is.

Seriously though, if you get offered the VIP treatment and want to fly me up there, I'd be glad to attend!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not a chance.

I am not too fond of people as a species (for the most part), so I'd have serious problems being around so many of them at one time.

I wish Obama well, hope he does a good job, but I will leave the celebrations to other folks.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My daughter is going Sdog. Part of a group. She's a senior, but she has traveled all over as part of an ambassador program. She is looking forward to it. She plans to major in business and photography.. hopefully she will get some good pix.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

That's terrific, do they have seats or are they going to be on the mall lawn?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I asked her and she doesn't know. ?? She will be there for 5 days.
they will be in their uniform dress which is a polo with a ID tag with travel pins... She'll be the beautiful one.... lol. (I know I'm biased)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, the day is almost upon us, so I thought I would bump up the thread to see if any of our members are planning to go to the inauguration.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My daughter is pictured (barely) at the inauguration at this site.. row 6 last photo in the row. She is the one in the white down jacket and Nordic hat.
getty images

top topics

join