It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio: Hungry? Turn In Your Guns, Get Food

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Did I say that?

I was asking your belief on it. There was an analogy without explanation. Per your last post, I get your position now, thanks.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The really messed up thing about this, beyond the preying on people's desperation, is the fact that the ONLY people who are likely to be turning in their arms will be law-abiding citizens. Most criminals are not going to turn in their guns. It is clearly about disarming joe the tax-payer, who has fallen upon hard times.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
It is clearly about disarming joe the tax-payer, who has fallen upon hard times.

If I were fallen upon hard times, the last thing I'd want next to me on the table is a gun.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Living in Ohio, my first thought was one of outrage. However, when I spoke to some officers about it they claimed that the majority of the guns being turned in are NOT registered weapons. They are of the illegal variety that have been pirated into the streets. Most registered gun owners would not give up their defense for food.

These programs are aimed more at the hoods on the street that are truly hungry and/or want to supply a decent Thanksgiving for their family. Anyway, I do believe they are also 'hoping' that more and more registered owners will give up their arms but I honestly believe that it will NEVER happen. They will seriously have to come and pry the guns literally from our dead hands.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
The really messed up thing about this, beyond the preying on people's desperation, is the fact that the ONLY people who are likely to be turning in their arms will be law-abiding citizens. Most criminals are not going to turn in their guns. It is clearly about disarming joe the tax-payer, who has fallen upon hard times.

Although I tend to agree more often than not with you, this statement is not quite true. Like I said in my last post, the majority of the guns being turned in are unregistered weapons. The people turning them in are not required to tell the police where they got them. However, I'm sure their faces are being put into computers while having that weapon assigned to them for any possible crimes the weapon could have been used in.

As to the next post after this one. In hard times I DO believe that I would rather have a weapon on my table. I'm a very peaceful person. It will take a LOT to push me to a point of harming another person. But when it comes to protecting my wife and children, well, food on a table won't really do that much.

I understand your intentions but you must admit that there comes a time when the peaceful approach will only get you and yours either hurt or killed.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I guess soon enough, after the guns are gone, they will convince people to just get a little bitty microchip in their right hand.

Freedom > Food.

Food is merely essential to the body. Freedom is essential for the body and the soul.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join