It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Cuts Entire Science, Tech Team

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan
Wow. This is shocking! Hmmm… should I be shocked though?
Brittany Spears vs. Life sustainable planet found within 5 light years from Earth.
Republican Senator gets caught boning a goat vs. New 100% efficient solar panel is perfected

Republican Senator gets caught boning a goat......

Now you've got my attention.

I sure would tune in CNN for that little tidbit. Their ratings would skyrocket if that was an exclusive.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingtree

I beg to differ, geologist can tell when earthquakes have happened in the past my monitoring levels in the dirt... Dont try to be a nay sayer your wrong in this case.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

you should be ashamed of yourself...

Baaaaaaaaaad sheeep

I think people that get entertained easily by other peoples suffering is exactly why we are in the situation we are in... Thats just my 99 Cents

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It doesn't sell the products their masters are selling so they don't want to report it. All the top networks are nothing more than partisan hacks that subscribe to an outdated and predatory system. They are government entities, they sell us wars, they pick our candidates, and they instill a sense of fear and paranoia so profound in the American people that it is surprising psychologists aren't at the top of the economic pyramid.

The best way to do any of this is to withhold critical information, and expand non-critical information beyond it's normal scope of influence. This keeps people distracted and not asking too many questions or taking too many actions. It's damage control.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingtree

Originally posted by questioningall

I'm sorry I just had to quote this. I hate when people say more earth quakes more than ever, or more of this more than ever. How long have we been taking records of this stuff? 150 years at the very very most i'd say. Earth has been around what 4.5 billion years or something. But year you're right people more earthquakes is completely un-natural since we are so knowledgeable on the subject.

Please see in my post - I had written - (since being recorded) - I did not imply ever ever - since we have no idea - except for recorded history.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

... the move is a strategic and structural business decision to cut staff, unrelated to the current economic downturn. Financially, “CNN is doing very, very well,”

That's corporate double-talk for yeah, you got it, the economy reaks, our techie commercial sponsors that always used to pay us big bucks (Cisco, Nortel, Vonage, Sun, etc.) have dried up, and with the economic upheaval that is yet to come (you ain't seen nothing yet), plus with Biden's "Obama will be challenged" with a national security threat, no one is going to give a hoot about Venus's moons or the latest GPS device. We'll be focusing on wars, internal violence and martial law, economic depression, etc etc. And with all this negativity going 'round, we'll need to boost Americans' morale by being more entertaining, focusing on who'll father Britney's third child, rather than offering serious reporting. Oh yeah, and we'll leave our medical team intact, of course, because they'll be the first to report on the numerous bio-terror attacks.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Come on... just when CNN was starting to wake people up with their whole show on aliens. CNN was probably told that they needed to shut these people down. What better way to keep the average person paying attention to their news than to get rid of the science department so they won't have to worry about hearing about other life other than life on Earth and other planets suitable for life?

I personally think that the staff writers from CNN were getting too close to the truth. They had to shut them down and keep people from hearing it.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I can hardly watch CNN anymore. Any integrity and class they had is swiftly slipping away. Where does the thinking person go to get honest-to-god news these days? Seriously. I used to leave CNN on in the background most of the day just to stay aware of important news stories. Now I really just can't bear it. Between Rick Sanchez reading nonsense off of Twitter or D.L. Hughley telling jokes, it's more like watching VH1 or E!. It's just sickening to think that this country really is dumbing down at such an alarming rate, more or less unchecked. Every single day I look around me and my head just spins. The majority of the masses really are in trance mode it seems. I feel like I'm wearing the sunglasses in "They Live". The worst part is, I don't know what I can actually do about it other than complain to the good people here at ATS.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by boomchank]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
CNN?
CNN?
all of america CUT ITS SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY TEAM
america is going back to the stone age

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Wow thats a big shock, I really enjoyed watching miles o'brian over the years, really did alot of good segments on just about everything. Hope hes not completely out of a job, im sure you won't find another anchor like that...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
They probably need to up their bs quota for ratings, and they can't do that with staff that actually knows science. I swear they are all turning into news of the world. It's quite sad to watch.

The bigger picture imo is technological suppression and the dumbing down of humanity by our elites, and you can notice this in other areas. General science and technology literature in my country is thining out, being replaced by endless reams of IT books and bs like law and economics. We are being disconnected from our physical realities to live in a dream bubble world which has little to no connection to the nature it is parasitical on. And with this move we lose the symbiosis with earth our predecessors enjoyed and will inevitably pay later.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
please help me understand why so many people bought into this fluff/news?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

CNN Cuts Entire Science, Tech Team

Kind of odd. One could assume that this department is the only of the news departments that actually allow you to think for yourselves... Hmmm... And after their "big" UFO investigations as well....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Bad times so they cut corners and slashed the science department. They feel they can do without it. News nowadays is nothing but a whole lot of bad news anyways. We will probably be listening to news on a old tube radio if this economy keeps knocking us backwards in time. The top news story of the hour is :::drum roll::: the dollar fell even lower!

[edit on 5-12-2008 by sean]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Cnn cutting their crew who does the science and enviromental reports - when there has never been a more crucial time in history (my opinion) to be on top of what is happening in the world is strange.

Considering there have been more earthquakes than ever before (since recorded) this year see 'downtown436' thread with a graph showing the earthquakes this year:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also in the technology end - when more people have come out recently with amazing renewable energies technology.
Including the person earlier this week - with using salt water for energy and in vehicles as fuel, I would think there are more things than ever to report on.

I don't understand the reasoning behind CNN's decision to cut it all out and NOT having a specialized division just for those things.

It just seems very strange they are doing this - I can not relay any reasons why or even try to figure out what is behind it - except - is it maybe economics? They say it is not in the article.

www.cjr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-12-2008 by questioningall]

Exactly !!! This is their excuse in the future as to why they aren't or don't cover certain topics.
So when these breakthroughs in environment and tech happen, they don't have to report on it because they " don't have the resources or people to "

Somebody save this article in whole, so sometime next year in 2009 or 2010 when something big happens that could benefit us and there is no coverage. WE WILL KNOW WHY !

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
At least CNN, is now being honest about their role, as purely another live-rag-sheet MSM outlet. Since I don't watch CNN anyway, there is no loss on my part, but for those that were actually getting something from them as far as science is concerned, tune to the Discovery Channel or PBS, or even the History channel, or if you are fortunate enough to have the Science Channel, go there. I would imagine CNN's idea of science was reporting Al Gore's ranting about Global Warming, and since that has fallen into widespread disfavor now, there was probably nothing left to say, in their opinion. I'm sure there is plenty of news about Britney Spears, or Paris Hilton, and now "OJ goes to jail" to fill their slots.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Intelligence seems to be too overrated these days

We need our news sources to give us more important information, like what's new with Britney Spears and Paris Hilton

Is it any wonder why the american masses are as ignorant as they are?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Great, now we can hear all about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt adopting another baby, perhaps they should have kept those staff considering what's deemed as "news" these days. It's absolute CRAP CRAP CRAP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join