It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on Black holes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I was talking with a friend the other day about the things we always talk about, space, god, faith.
We got really deep into space talk and the effects of gravity (hence my other thread on the sun and how fast we would know) and we started discussing pressure and how space is a vaccum, i really dont know to much about it, to be honest.
I sat there and pondered, where does all the stuff that goes into a black hole go.
Well it is my belief that a black hole is a star that collapsed on its self.
Now I started thinking, what happens if this is how the universe continually grows.
The insane amounts of mass contained in stars when collapsed on them selves, go into the hole, and is broken down and is distributed continually to make what we call space.
To essentially make the existance of nothing but everything at the same time.
Just some food for thought.I could elboarte more, but this will do. I will explain more when people are interested.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It is not a hole, it is compressed matter. Imagine a grain of salt with the mass of 5 billion suns. Now think of the gravity effect of this "tiny" mass. It is so huge that is spins the whole galaxy around it, its effects reach about 100,000 light years into space. It is a black hole and eventually all the galaxy will be sucked into it.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

You are still talking theory and not fact. The only difference between your postulation and the OP is that yours is currently backed by the majority of scientists. This doesn't completely dismiss his theory and it at least warrants some open consideration.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistenceUnknown

I was simply giving the guy a chance to debate his theory. There are no observable facts and probably never will be concerning black holes but our current understanding describes a "black hole" like I did. It is mathematically proved.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here is a theory about black holes that I found interesting, when this guy first posted on this subject everyone thought what they said was right but the truth is, it is all just a theory.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought this was interesting because when you add what is said in the first one to the second one then add what is said in this link www.foxnews.com... it made me think a bit.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
It is a black hole and eventually all the galaxy will be sucked into it.

Incorrect, the galaxy orbits around a center point containing a supermassive black hole, but the galaxy is no more danger of being sucked in by its black hole than the moon is of being sucked in by the earth. That's why our galaxy's black is fairly quiet, there's not much left in its immediate vicinity at risk of falling in.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I stand corrected. Of course we wont be sucked into the center but eventually all stars burn up and all matter will be sucked into lesser black holes and galaxies will eat each other. There will probably be alot of surviving stars but those will have burned up.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I used to think about the black holes as the gates to parallel universes. but of course it is only my theory and the evidence I have is not really impresive. all we know that in such a strange location the time and space will be different from the one we know. it could give some possibilities to occure the gates like this.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Neat theory.

At first I thought this thread was going to be about Michelle Obama but I was incorrect.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

nice post

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip

The insane amounts of mass contained in stars when collapsed on them selves, go into the hole, and is broken down and is distributed continually to make what we call space.

That's not what happens I'm afraid. A black hole is formed by a massive collaping star, but the mass of the star shrinks into an infinitesimal point called a singularity, a event horizon forms during the collapse preventing the singuarity from being viewed from outside the whole- the mass is not distibuted but squashed into an infinitesimal point- there is spacetime within the hole but it's structure and geometry are dtermined by the type of black hole (you see you can have static ones like the famous Schwarzschild black hole, or rotating ones like Kerr black holes).

I'm afraid I don't see what this has to do with faith and God, no doubt you can elaborate. Hope this helps,

-Paul.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
It is mathematically proved.

Beweare, mathematical proof is NOT the same as scientific proof (should there be such a thing)-Euclids mathematical proof that there are infitiely pmany prime numbers still holds, however Newton had to give way to Einstien...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I just don't know much about these black holes and unfortunately, due to the gravitational aspects of a black hole, we may well never get close enough to understand or observe anything beyond things that are influenced by black holes.

That being said, I think it's very wishful thinking to theorize that a black hole would actually lead somewhere. It is thought that a black hole is an extremely concentrated point of mass that has such density as to influence a massive area of space with its gravity. Matter is drawn into the black hole where it stays indefinitely.

Then there's the output from black holes, those thin lines that expel from either side. I do not recall their names but i believe Hawking first theorized about it. This is pretty much raw energy that shoots out of black holes, energy at its most basic form.

It is MY belief that a black hole is not a hole at all, but a point of singularity like timelike said previous to my post. You could think about a black hole as something similar to universal environmentalism! Black holes take existing matter and break it down to its most fundamental form, then shoot it back out into the universe.

top topics

join