It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Americans and Crime Rates in USA, WHY???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
your thread has meaning to it, but you are completely wrong about your statistics and findings. i ahven't checked the jail statistics in a few years but earlier this century it was about 40/40 black/white with a few minorites making up the rest.

young black males are very hostile, possibly more so than young white males. this is not a good statistic to make because you have to define what region/state you are discussing and the situations surrounding it.

as it stands you are.....completely racist......

otherwise, you're just ignorant. which is probably worse.

you are completely wrong. the numbers of african americans in jail is a ratio of 4:1 and it is fact. it has been in multiple text books that i have read for criminal justice. we also watched a documentary on some prisons and the number is 8 blacks per 1 white.. look where they come from though, africa isnt the most peaceful country

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

your thread has meaning to it, but you are completely wrong about your statistics and findings. i ahven't checked the jail statistics in a few years but earlier this century it was about 40/40 black/white with a few minorites making up the rest.

young black males are very hostile, possibly more so than young white males. this is not a good statistic to make because you have to define what region/state you are discussing and the situations surrounding it.

you are completely wrong. the numbers of african americans in jail is a ratio of 4:1 and it is fact. it has been in multiple text books that i have read for criminal justice. we also watched a documentary on some prisons and the number is 8 blacks per 1 white.. look where they come from though, africa isnt the most peaceful country

Jesus Christ. There is so much wrong with this post. For one, how many warlords in Africa come to America to get arrested for knocking over a liquor store? I guarantee you that the percentage of black people in prison who are FROM AFRICA (as in born there, moved here) starts with a ".000000000". Then you horribly contradict yourself, is it 4:1 or 8:1? Or are you trying to say that statistics are fallible, and that you didn't mean to use them as evidence? Then you CALL AFRICA A COUNTRY. That's right. A COUNTRY. I pray to god you're not trying to become a cop or judge (taking criminal justice courses), as you're probably borderline retarded.

Edit to say: OMG, I just saw your Username, you either ARE or are TRYING TO BE a cop!!!! TERRIBLE!!!

[edit on 4-12-2008 by '___'eviant]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Jesus this politically correct world is getting on my nerves.
Is it racist to present facts? If as you say, the number of white people in jail equals the number of black people in jail, then a much higher percentage of black people go to jail, as there are many more white americans. The fact that blacks keep up with whites against the odds says something. I'm not racist in the least, I'm a realist. You can cover your eyes and ignore the truth all you want, it doesn't change things.
Most black people I've known would even admit this fact...
But I guess the truth must be ignored if it in anyway offends someone.

Go back to you fairytale land. Hope you have fun there.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by TruthParadox]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Here is an interesting publication called "The Color of Crime"

Color of Crime

It is worth reading. The results are pretty straight forward. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information.

Here are some of the findings.

Crime Rates
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder,and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Read the link before you bash me.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't exactly have an answer for you, but I can tell you this. Being juged by white people still is getting freaking annoying. Why did white people kill all the Natives? Why did they make movies about it making it glamours taking others land, and killing them for attempting to defend it? Why did White people colonize so much of the world when they were wanted? It took revolts to get them out? Why is Hati still completely abondoned? It has been centuries since blacks revolted there, and they still don't receive much support from the rest of the world. I can tell you why their is so much crime in black communities. Its because we still get asked dumb a$$ racist questions. White people have many faults, but how many threads do you see posted about that? Since Obama has been elected I have seen more threads on this forum questining black people and there ways. How about this, you enslaved a race, killed them, spereated them from family, and completely destroyed their culture. After you free them, you still kill them chase them and let them know that they are nothing because they are black. You do this for 400 years. Maybe 20 years ago it became politically incorrect and everything is all of the sudden supposed to be fine now? I have a question about blacks in jail? How come if a black man kills a black man he might get 10 years, typically its more like 7. Let him be found with drugs and we give him 400 years...That doesn't seem right nor fair? How come white people could not let go of OJ? People get off of crimes all the time, but for some reason this was some type of big deal what was the difference here? White people have not only trained white people and all other races to hate black people, but they trained us to hate our self. Sorry original poster get a clue before you post. Think before you speak. I'm not saying that you have to know exactly what is wrong, but it isn't rocket science here. We have been oppressed for at least 400 years. The oppression just relaxed mind you not stopped in the last 20. We still have people dragging black people down the road till their head pops off. This country has been far from fair. Why don't you ask about the same statics in more fair countries like Canada for example in stead of asking what is wrong with me for being black? What is wrong with you for being white. Its 2008 and you are still invading countries and taking stuff over.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Here is an interesting publication called "The Color of Crime"

Color of Crime

It is worth reading. The results are pretty straight forward. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information.

Here are some of the findings.

Crime Rates
• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder,and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
• When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
• Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
• The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Read the link before you bash me.

You know what your right, we commit crimes because we are just above freaking apes. White people are angels. They have only killed for justice. Everything in the past is just in the past and I better get over it. Yessa massa ill get right over it. You helped me see the light. Its because we are black. Is that a world wide statistic or a US statistic. Are all black people the same, or is it the mixture in the US that is that much worst? What if you have 10% black in you. are you 1/7 more likely to commit a crime? What if your hallf black and half asian? Do I have to do some mixed fraction to get your equation? There is no way there is anything wrong with society, its all our fault. I guess white people killed the indians for the better of Amerians. How about another statistic, which race has killed the most people period? I am going to say with Hiroshima, Nagaski, and The long march the indians were made to make that white people might have a head start. Be critical of your own race before you judge me. White isn't god, and heaven isnt white.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by greysave]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by greysave

All I did was post a link.

I stated that I can't vouch for the information.

You are free to hate if you wish, but I don't hate anyone.

If people can't talk about issues, how will they ever be solved?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

All I did was post a link.

I stated that I can't vouch for the information.

You are free to hate if you wish, but I don't hate anyone.

If people can't talk about issues, how will they ever be solved?

First read my edit. Judge your self before you judge me. How about the atrocities you guys commited. I guess thats for another convo this is sickening. I actually thought things are getting better, but now I am starting to believe that is an illusion.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'll ask just because you're online and paying attention.

What do you make of this :

ghettobraggingrights.wordpress.com...

I havent been able to tell if it's run by a bunch of racist white people or by a bunch of racist black people or by a bunch of racist whatever people but it's definitely offensive.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
one of the theories was targeted law enforcement efforts.

I don't really know of that is or was ever true.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It is hard for me to tell, how would I know. It could be either, there are stupid people in all races. It could have been an asian for all I know. And since a who is did not turn up any information, it would be hard for me to get any demographics to even make an educated guess.

But a wild guess, I would say black people, just because they are commenting on his changes in behavior.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant

Jesus Christ. There is so much wrong with this post. For one, how many warlords in Africa come to America to get arrested for knocking over a liquor store? I guarantee you that the percentage of black people in prison who are FROM AFRICA (as in born there, moved here) starts with a ".000000000". Then you horribly contradict yourself, is it 4:1 or 8:1? Or are you trying to say that statistics are fallible, and that you didn't mean to use them as evidence? Then you CALL AFRICA A COUNTRY. That's right. A COUNTRY. I pray to god you're not trying to become a cop or judge (taking criminal justice courses), as you're probably borderline retarded.

Edit to say: OMG, I just saw your Username, you either ARE or are TRYING TO BE a cop!!!! TERRIBLE!!!

stop being politically correct. and no im not a cop and your lucky i guess. just because african americans werent born in africa does not mean they dont get traits from their ancestors that have come from africa. yes there is good and bad for every race but it seems to be more bad in the african american race. even in general people that are hardly educated seem to commit these crimes. But when black people are only 12% of the population and they are in prison at a ratio of 4:1 and white people are 80% of the population, you see, there is a problem here. and no it is not because police arrest black people more. it is just that they commit more crimes, and this is fact

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think the root cause is the rap influence and the "gangsta" influence, Rap has a major influence on young blacks, All the rap videos I see are all about guns, drugs, pimping, fighting, running from the cops, etc, Well if snoop dog carries a gun, then I better carry one too, Its this hole image that is portrayed in these rap videos, " Im black, im tough, Im a gansta." and gansters dress a certain way, act a certain way so I should act like that too.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

stop being politically correct. and no im not a cop and your lucky i guess. just because african americans werent born in africa does not mean they dont get traits from their ancestors that have come from africa. yes there is good and bad for every race but it seems to be more bad in the african american race. even in general people that are hardly educated seem to commit these crimes. But when black people are only 12% of the population and they are in prison at a ratio of 4:1 and white people are 80% of the population, you see, there is a problem here. and no it is not because police arrest black people more. it is just that they commit more crimes, and this is fact

There was nothing 'politically correct' about my previous post. It was just 'correct'. I'm part German; am I more likely to kill Jews wholesale than descendants of, say, China? I honestly believe that criminals commit crimes due to environmental factors, where they grew up, poverty, etc. I don't think it comes with the melanin that darkens the skin. I don't know if we'll ever see eye to eye on this.

And what do you mean, I'm lucky?
Edit to add: I don't dispute that there are a disproportionate number of young black men in prison. I only dispute the reasons for this.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

Chicken or the egg.

Rap and the subjects therein came from something either fantasies or experiences or both. The thuggish culture grew out of something. It's main stream popularity has certainly influenced to more suggestible morons among us.

It's like in the 90's when all the white kids stopped washing their hair, wore flannel and the choice morons went out and became addicted to heroin and started cutting themselves. Grunge was born from fantasy and/or experience and it's popularity sent all the idiots out on a limb from which some returned and some did not.

If anything/anyone is to be blamed it's the stupid jackasses among us who buy into the garbage that's sold to them.

Something that is a little different about this thug culture and more alarming is that is has sustained viability for much longer than previous fads and has been able to seep into not just ghetto/urban society but middle class suburban society as well as wealth urban society. Even rural areas are being affected. I almost crapped my pants with horror the first time I saw a farm kid come walzting up with baggy pants, wife-beater, flat-brimmed off-color baseball hat (camo Yankees hat I think it was) and threaten to "cap" some guy walking by. How the hell does that happen I have no idea.
I wouldnt be surprised if his emulation of a bastard fad ends horribly for him, his family and whoever the victim(s) of his stupididty happen to be.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I really hate how people blame economics on thugs being thugs.
I have known in my lifetime plenty of white people who were poor and whom many would call "trailer trash" whom never resorted to crime.

How about the thugs (no matter what color they are) take responsibility for their own actions and how about everyone stop blaming economics.

Ive been poor at points in my life and I never stole a thing, never shot anyone, never did any criminal act.

Its really easy to not be a criminal, unless you have the mind of a criminal.

Also, how about all those thug football players we all hear about. They are extremely rich and they still act like criminal thugs.

Money or lack thereof doesnt make or break a criminal.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by inked up]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Lets start
Taken from homeland
100 million Africans die on way to slavery block
Familys broken up on auction block
Intelligent and Defiant men killed
Women raped
Children and Women worked to death.
100's of years later.
Looking at a white person = Death
Lynched , Murdered, Burned, Raped, Hate,Racism,Unhuman, Injustice,ETC.

Black Power = Black Impowerment = Self Reliance

Black leaders to help guide from the past = Murdered/Assasinated by whites

No more leaders = Hopelesness
Poverty,Racism,ETC
Goverment introduces Crack, Guns and Tons of Money to Poor = Escape from reality

White CEO will only support Black Arts which portray and support stereotypes
to encourage this new lifestyle of fast money = Hunger pains go away.

Having nothing to having everything available = Excess = Illustion

You do the math

Example

White man robs bank to feed kids - Heroic Tear Jerker
Black man robs bank to feed kids - Low Life Criminal Urban

For the topics here to be "SO DEEP" sometimes you guys sound so simple minded

[edit on 4-12-2008 by magnetik]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnetik
Lets start
Taken from homeland
100 million Africans die on way to slavery block
Familys broken up on auction block
Intelligent and Defiant men killed
Women raped
Children and Women worked to death.
100's of years later.
Looking at a white person = Death
Lynched , Murdered, Burned, Raped, Hate,Racism,Unhuman, Injustice,ETC.

Black Power = Black Impowerment = Self Reliance

Black leaders to help guide from the past = Murdered/Assasinated by whites

No more leaders = Hopelesness
Poverty,Racism,ETC
Goverment introduces Crack, Guns and Tons of Money to Poor = Escape from reality

White CEO will only support Black Arts which portray and support stereotypes
to encourage this new lifestyle of fast money = Hunger pains go away.

Having nothing to having everything available = Excess = Illustion

You do the math

Example

White man robs bank to feed kids - Heroic Tear Jerker
Black man robs bank to feed kids - Low Life Criminal Urban

For the topics here to be "SO DEEP" sometimes you guys sound so simple minded

[edit on 4-12-2008 by magnetik]

Oh yes, lets put the blame on something that happened a hundred years ago. BOOHOO! Get over it. Stand up, be responsible moral men and take responsiblity for your (in general) actions and stop blaiming people of today for what happened hundred years ago to people they dont even know!

And please show me one place where people were sympathic to a white man robbing a bank. Show me!!

And I will say this. I have black friends (rich and poor) and none of them blame white people for anything and none of them act like thugs.

Crime is a choice. Lifestyle and behaviors are a choice.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by inked up]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by inked upAnd please show me one place where people were sympathic to a white man robbing a bank. Show me!!

I don't think anyone can give you that example, but you may recall during hurricane Katrina seeing news stories of white people 'finding food' broadcast alongside stories of black people 'looting grocery stores'. It was seriously ridiculous.

source!

Edit to cite a source

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join