It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neo-cons still preparing for Iran attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
But why go to war, Why repeat the same mistakes and why kill more people.

What is wrong with humanity. seriously where is the phychrisrist (however you spell it)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
All of that sand can be turned into beautiful glass. Then the US can control the glass market along with all of the worlds oil reserves. From sea to shining sea, it will all be ours. Sorry for the James Bond villain rant.

The president has no influence whatsoever regarding affairs such as these. Obama will be no different than Bush regarding the events in the Middle East. This game has probably been in the planning stages for some time now. We are just waiting for all of the ducks to line up in order to take further action. Which of our allies will draw us in?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yeah, great- Israeli jets in dogfights over Iraq with American fighters. Just what we need. :shk:

They mean business enough on this issue though that they will risk it. After all, the IAF is a formidable force to any opponent, including the US. But all that is assuming they are going by air. The sea can hide many things, and submarines tend to be in vogue these days.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Flag'd & Star'd, TA

Saddens me, how ignorant our leaders can be, in regards to attacking another country. Especially Iran! Sure, we have a superior military, with all the latest weaponry; but they have something our leaders don't mention: devotion to suicide bombing! Thier population is 70% under the age of thirty, and most all of them are happy to die in suicide missions.

Inside Iran: The Ultimate Martyrdom

This fact should chill-to-the-bone, anyone considering going up against them! I just don't see how anyone wins in a place of religious dedication to destroying one's enemies!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Thanks man.

Your post assumes there would be boots on the ground inside Iran, and that is just not likely at this point. NATO is having enough problems keeping troops refreshed in Iraq/Afghanistan. If NATO wasn't so spread thin, I believe there would have been further confrontation in Georgia against the Russians.

But even so you could be right to a degree if thousands of Iranian suicide bombers crossed the border into Iraq. It's another possible consequence if Iran gets attacked, either unilaterally by Israel, or by the US.

The public reaction to a US attack on Iran will be vicious, after the lies that got us into Iraq, and considering the NIE's on Iran. It is estimated that every American family is paying $100 a month financing the current wars. For military families, add to that the blood sacrifice of their children. How the administration would sell another war, on top of all that's happened already, is beyond me. Foolish and impossible.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sure there will be change
...from Iraq to Iran/Pakistan/Afghanistan....i can already see it happening and the reason behind Biden's satement "you must support Obama at all costs even if his decisions might seem wrong at the time"...i mean jumping from a war into another is not quite what we wanted

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Fatality]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You're welcome!

Yeah, boots on ground only AFTER aerial bombardament back to the stone age! I guess that's part of what I meant, that the surviving populace will be filled with so much rage at another 'dis-honorable' pre-emptive shock-and-awe campaign, that they'll REALLY wanna fling themselves at any American, anywhere, anytime, any way possible, for generations to come!

You're right about U.S. citizens having a bad reaction, should our twusted weaders attack Iwan; what a shame, we only get to react! They go-ahead with thier plans and agendas, with NO approval from us, the people. Isn't it disheartening, that the gov. who is supposed to be our servant, has become our master? Oh yeah, your signature covers that!!!

Will Bush Attack Iran?

Or will he dump it all into Obama's lap?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Done properly, there won't be that many Iranian suicide bombers for the US to worry about. Done properly, it would be almost impossible for Iran to put together enough people to field a soccer team.

The US won't have boots on the ground. The cost of a conflict with Iran will be negligible since there won't be boots on the ground. Bombed back to the Stone Age, Iran won't be in to mood for more punishment.

Done properly.

Syria, their good buddy will not be in any condition to carry another front to Israel either. They've had their shots in the past, and each time received an old-fashioned, country ass-whipping.

Thousands of missiles launched from Syria? It won't happen but one more time, and I have a feeling Israel will up the ante, and if you can still find Damascus on a map afterward, I'll be surprised.

Events are quickly getting completely out of hand from the Israeli standpoint. Events are quickly going to be beyond Israeli capacity to respond. Syria and Iran - with nuclear weapons? Israel can't afford it. Neither will most Western nations.

While Iran and the rest of the world have their eyes on an attack by air, if I were Israel, I'd be launching my attack by sea. And I'm not talking about conventional weapons.

It's going to be interesting in the next months. The window is quickly closing, and I've yet to see the Israeli's miss an opening.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

What do you anticipate the Russian response would be to such an attack, Dooper, realistically?

I can't see the Russians just standing by and doing nothing. Not after the Georgia affair and the 'Medvedev Doctrine.'

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"Done properly" to you sounds like you are advocating the use of nuclear weapons. And to me, there could be nothing more IMPROPER, considering the consequences of such a stupidity.

IF, and that's a big IF, Iran is still pursuing a nuclear weapons program, it is bound to be so secretive and hidden, as in underground deep, that it really only leaves one option- Nuclear Spray and Pray- if they have any chance whatsoever of stalling the program. Because even in a best case scenario with direct hits, stalling is all an attacker will accomplish. And the fervor with which Iran will pursue nuclear weapons after that will increase beyond all measure, including their willingness to proliferate to terrorists for assistance.

This notion that Israel or the US can bomb all things nuclear in Iran to destroy their program is very foolish, and will cause tremendous loss of life and infrastructure. And there still is no telling what Russia might do at that point. As shown in Georgia, you can bet the response will be quick, no warning, and devastating. Who's to say they wouldn't nuke the entire Persian Gulf Fleet to rid themselves of the pesky mosquitos threatening their part of the world? And they could decide to take Israel and anything in the Mediterranean Sea with them as well.

According to that very doctrine (thanks chips):

The five points, Medvedev said, were firstly, the superiority of the fundamental principles of international law.

The second point was that the world must be multipolar.

"A uni-polar world is unacceptable," said Medvedev, adding that Russia could "not accept a world order where all decisions are made by one side, even such a powerful one as the U.S."

"Such a world is unstable and threatened by conflicts," he added.

Thirdly, he said, Russia does not seek confrontation with any other country.

"Russia is not looking for isolation," he said. "We will develop, in as much as is possible, friendly ties with Europe, the U.S., and other countries in the world."

Fourthly, Russia will protect the lives of its citizens, "wherever they are."

The fifth point was that Moscow would seek to develop ties in regions with whom it has traditionally had friendly relations.

"Russia, just like other countries in the world, has regions where it has its privileged interests," said Medvedev

So one could see from that bolded point four, how the loss of Russian scientists in Iran could potentially push hot buttons that incite furious retaliation, all previous Western imperialism at their back door not withstanding.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
IF the us/israel launches a full out war on Iran they will have no other choice but to turn the whole damn country into a glass parking lot. Because if they didn't detonate a nuke on or in a US target before, you can bet your ass they will after all of there infrastructure has been decimated and their children are dying.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Retikx]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You guys are scarin the crap out of me.

The picture I am getting, is similar to that just before a volcano erupts. The molten rock builds up a plume under ground that rises higher and higher until it bursts thru and explodes on the surface.
I seems like that is what is happening in the middle east and there is nothing that any average citizen, or even president (Obama) can do about it.
It's all about to blow!
If only half of what u guys are saying is true, then it seems like this expansion of warfare is not only inevitable and unstoppable, but likely will spread beyond control, like a nuclear explosion unto itself.
I want someone to tell me that I have this wrong.
Please???

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
You guys are scarin the crap out of me.

Well sorry about that cuz, but the world is a scary place nowadays. What scares the crap out of me is that Bush might just try to attack Iran's sites right before he leaves office, leaving Obama to deal with the "blowback." That would not be cool.

But what does he care when he can just make a hasty retreat to his property in Northern Paraguay

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join