It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Myths are an excuse made by atheist to explain away history they cannot fathom.

Damn right!

Paul Bunyan was real!!

Harte

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
37 pages and I still love this thread.

Gives me lots to read and many links to still look into. Still reading the Rainbow Serpents thread, which is also a good one.

Wanted to bump this thread since I think a few naysayers should check it out and have an open mind and not such a skeptical one. It's actually a really good one and a favorite.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

In other words, sit back and let the lies, half truths and mischaracterizations pass as valid?

Why should anyone do that? Why would anyone want someone to do that?

Plenty of silly ideas are completely debunked right here in this thread. Were they not, we'd be living in a world that believed in Egyptian helicopters, for one example.

Harte

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
...Wanted to bump this thread since I think a few naysayers should check it out and have an open mind and not such a skeptical one. It's actually a really good one and a favorite.

"Believers" could be closed-minded, too.

I've run into my share of people who WANT to believe in something like Ancient ETs so badly, that they chose to only consider things that support those pre-conceived notions, but totally close their minds and ignore the evidence that does NOT support those pre-conceived notions.

Being open minded is not a bad thing in general, but many "blind believers" are single-minded, not open-minded.

Granted, there are pseudo-skeptics who are single-minded, too. However "skepticism" does not necessarily mean "close-minded".

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There is really too much overwhelming evidence in my opinion that points to AAT intervention in our past, I truly believe man ie, Homo Sapiens, is NOT from Earth, but from elsewhere, migrated here after some ancient war or cataclysm on their own planet

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
...Wanted to bump this thread since I think a few naysayers should check it out and have an open mind and not such a skeptical one. It's actually a really good one and a favorite.

"Believers" could be closed-minded, too.

I've run into my share of people who WANT to believe in something like Ancient ETs so badly, that they chose to only consider things that support those pre-conceived notions, but totally close their minds and ignore the evidence that does NOT support those pre-conceived notions.

True. In fact, you run right smack-dab into one when you read the OP in this very thread.

Harte

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I would say the evidence is rather underwhelming, to the point of being absurd. Most of the proponents for the AA accept the shiny veneer of alien intervention and never dig into (pun intended) the research of ancient civilizations by archaeologists who have made it their life's work to understand them. Most in fact refuse to or simply dismiss the information out of hand, they would rather cling to an unfounded hypothesis that supports their world view. The AA argument boils down to 'we (the AA proponents) don't know how they did it so it must have been aliens'.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Slave2Fate

Even if you watch Ancient Aliens Debunked on youtube, in the end, even they conclude that the stories regarding people from the sky procreating with women of the earth and giving birth to giants is too prevalent across too many different cultures to assume it's some made up BS.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Slave2Fate

I'm open mined to all arguments for and against AA, but when it boils down to is I can agree to disagree with the person I am talking to
I'm not here to try to change anyone's mind, not my place. I just tell what I believe, and why. If the other person disagrees and gives me their points, I consider it then let them know I see your point but dont agree

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Good (resurrection of) topic! This seems to be an excellent compilation of Ancient Extraterrestrial theories (I admittedly haven't yet finished reading everything). The main concept that rests easily with me is how BOTH the creationists and the evolutionists were partially correct!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

Nice signature.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So basically this Anti-AAT is simply one more AGENDA, making sure to present the theory in bad light when as said earlier, debunks UNPOLISHED claims by AAT that have later been improved and with more findings.

The movie AA Debunked, is the same, some close mind's plan to present everything as hoax when some things in the theory should not be dismissed

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
So basically this Anti-AAT is simply one more AGENDA, making sure to present the theory in bad light when as said earlier, debunks UNPOLISHED claims by AAT that have later been improved and with more findings.

"More findings?" Such as?

The movie AA Debunked, is the same, some close mind's plan to present everything as hoax when some things in the theory should not be dismissed

Which things, exactly, should not be dismissed?

Harte

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

www.philipcoppens.com...

not even gonna argue, cause I know what you will say. The cases are too many to be dismissed as 'all was just stories' as well as some of them never explained, also the way an animal evolves into a human and the brain evolves, yet this doesn't happen for a single animal, not a single animal starts using fire or something that humans do... no animals are animals and besides physiological evolution humans have had, I do not see the sudden intelligence gain being simply evolution of the brain when no other species so far act even as close to neanderthals...

Must have been such a happy coincidence, not!
edit on 7-1-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

www.philipcoppens.com...

not even gonna argue, cause I know what you will say.

So, you admit then that there aren't any "UNPOLISHED claims by AAT that have later been improved and with more findings." And there exist no "things in the theory should not be dismissed."

The cases are too many to be dismissed as 'all was just stories'

Sorry, but the only "cases" are modern day UFO sightings. There exist no "cases" from ancient history.

The fact that you don't understand evolution in the slightest is certainly not a reason for the less ignorant to dismiss the topic of evolution.

Harte

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
So, you admit then that there aren't any "UNPOLISHED claims by AAT that have later been improved and with more findings." And there exist no "things in the theory should not be dismissed."

There are unpolished claims and lots of the debunking of AAT is targeting those unpolished old ones, this is an agenda to prevent finding out actual things that happened throughout history. Like Livelock cave, Nevada, they saw the myth was not just a myth when they found arrows, tall bodies. Then someone decided to hide them forever. So much for them.

Originally posted by Harte
Sorry, but the only "cases" are modern day UFO sightings. There exist no "cases" from ancient history.

Some christian pictures could be simply symbolism. However, I do not consider the Nuremberg sighting which was clearly retelling an event, some drawings and things that do look like space suits in drawings and figurines... And the knowledge they got.

And since you know so much of evolution, what is the explanation about humans getting smart and not a single species evolved in that direction? This has not been addressed or not properly. Oh yeah it's said, it just one happened, the stronger survive, evolution involves adaptation to the environment etc etc, and what? No other animal started using fire. Even chimps - today even of they observed humans using fire they would not start thinking otherwise, because they are ANIMALS and they do not have the intelligence that humans received out of 'pure evolution' adaptation and mutation.

Oh and speaking of UFOs, UFOs are not real, they do not exist. It is all Chinese Lanterns like the ones I saw on Dec 31st. Seriously, if someone cannot distinguish non-conventional objects from Chinese Lanterns just no comment.

Also it is offensive to claim someone cannot distinguish a non-conventional craft from chinese lantern, it's almost like calling someone 'idiot' paraphrased.

I can see how a Chinese Lantern flies, want me to describe every move, brightness and path they traveled?
edit on 7-1-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

And since you know so much of evolution, what is the explanation about humans getting smart and not a single species evolved in that direction? This has not been addressed or not properly.

And why is it that you think that species should all evolve the same traits such as intelligence?

Because you have no idea what evolution is or why and how it works.

I'm not your Biology teacher.

Harte

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We will be discussing this classic thread on ATS Live tonight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have always thought that Sitchin was on the money and to this day still do. Yes perhaps he has misinterpreted certain things but as a whole x marks the spot. Then we get this fanatical Chris White claiming to debunk his 30 year studies but also set out to debunk the Ancient Aliens Series. Why? One answer he is a firm Christian and he will do what ever it takes to bring this stuff down to keep the religious faith alive.

Either we accept one of two things: Their were Human Cultures on this planet that were far more advanced than we are today- but if that be the case Id sure as hell be planting my signature on the Pyramids! Or AA's did it! My sound far fetched to some but makes logical sense to me!

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join