It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

has anyone read "the power of myth"? i cant remember the authors name at the moment. a wonderful read. it shows similarities between many or most religions/myths.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zacherystaylor
Nazca Lines

I suspect the most important thing about this is that it shows organization and intelligence that isn't what you would expect from ancient civilizations. How would they know how to build this and how could they design it from the ground? What purpose could it serve? My leading theory about this is that it indicates cult activity. It doesn't serve a practical purpose for those that do it but the activity involved in building it is used as part of an indoctrinating process. they teach a limited set of skills to each person but not a rational purpose. It could be about controling people and using them for other purposes. The same goes for a lot of other ancient structures. the Nazca lines wouldn't be neccissary for a landing strip but the people may have believed it though.

The Baghdad battery could serve a similar purpose. It wasn't very strong so it wouldn't be something that the alins would have used they would hav e done much better. I don't even think it could power more than a light bulb.

Someone mentioned Hawaii. There is a mystery there involving how the people got there in the first place. The official story is that they rowed 2,000 miles without knowing which way they were going. This is a bit hard to believe so I put it on the list of unsolved mysteries.

I'm not saying Ancient Aliens have been proven it is still speculation; but there is a lot of evidence of many unsolved mysteries and I can't come up with better ideas.

For what it's worth a couple related strings include

MJ-12 where I speculate about why there is so much disinformation
www.abovetopsecret.com...

107 Wonders of the Ancient world in the string and linked site I speculate more about cult activity.

Alien Motives

On another not there are a lot of posters on this string who aren't contributing just disrupting. They may not respect the discusion but the best way to deal with them is to ignore them IMO. They are behaving like little children if you give them attention they keep coming back.

Attn moderators or Skyfloating I originally posted this with links using HTML code but it didn't come out that way. I did the same thing on other strings and it worked. I noticed skyfloating used a different code. Is there some reason HTML code would work on 1 string but not another?

In the future I can copy what others did but I'm just wondering why this happened. Thanks

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Fastwalker81

Yes, the theory is an insult to many. It is viewed as "What, are you saying humans are too stupid to...".

But being less advanced does not mean that humans are inherently stupid or dont have the potential for advancement.

It would however mean that Religion is the result of a misunderstanding...and that is so terrifying to many that it could take another 500 years before some of this sinks in.

Religion is definately a misunderstanding. That is why we need the "new atheist movement". Until all these superstitions in the name of divine truth are corrected it will be difficult if not impossible for many people to deal with the truth even if this isn't true.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The myths just don't do it for me however when I see over a hundred 100 ton plus stones upto 700 tons moved by ancients and experiments that don't come close I start wondering.

Then if I have nothing else to go on I'd like to see your list of myths.

Idealy they would beposted on a seperate webpage since a discusion board isn't a good place for it.

If you have the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zacherystaylor

In your posting window you have a globe-symbol. Click on that. Type in the Title you want. Click OK. Then type in the URL.

Myths is not the only angle from which to approach the subject. Its just one of the basics. If it were the only angle, it would indeed be weak.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

My profession is quite unrelated to this stuff. I coach people, mainly business people in various matters of communication, goals and also languages.

Which brings me to my point. We are all amateurs here, so we should avoid comments like this...

From these points I must assume you havent read much Mythology. If I remember correctly, you are a math teacher...so that would not be too surprising.

And it should be a reminder that just because we may earn a living in one field it does not mean we are not knowledgable in others.

I do remember that you work in the media.

Sort of, in a round-about way. But even then it is stretching it. More like I tell people what the media is saying about them.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

The myths just don't do it for me however when I see over a hundred 100 ton plus stones upto 700 tons moved by ancients and experiments that don't come close I start wondering.

Like at Baalbek? The Romans called moving stone like that "a good day's work." Well, not really, but you get my point. They were more than capable and there is no question how they did such things.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I didnt mean to belittle Harte. Harte knows a good deal about Archaeology. So much so that it must be one of his hobbies. I however, know a good deal about Mythology. So much so that it must be one of my hobbies - and it is.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I however, know a good deal about Mythology. So much so that it must be one of my hobbies - and it is.

I can certainly attest to this.

Skyfloating knows so much about mythology that he can even write it himself!

Kidding!

Harte

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

(this is not a one-liner)

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

In your posting window you have a globe-symbol. Click on that. Type in the Title you want. Click OK. Then type in the URL.

Myths is not the only angle from which to approach the subject. Its just one of the basics. If it were the only angle, it would indeed be weak.

Thanks

Since myths are so confuseing and inconclusive that is all the more reason to organize them in the most effective way possible.

I have noticed a few trends myself but without the organization it is tough to know what to make of it.

This would be an enormous amount of work though.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

And if you're a dummy about these kind of things like me, you'll still get messed up, but I presume you'll do better. However, I had to learn to erase the http part and then select all with my mouse then copy, then paste. Yes I did ruin a few posts!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Like at Baalbek? The Romans called moving stone like that "a good day's work." Well, not really, but you get my point. They were more than capable and there is no question how they did such things.

Yes like the stones at Baalbek and the Colossi of Memnon. the trilithon stones were only moved a couple miles but the Colossi of Memnon were moved over 400 miles.

It is easy to say they were capable of doing this but to replicate it or come close is another story.

I discussed this with Harte in 107 Wonders of the Ancient World I sited examples of projects moving stones upt 10 tons. Noone cited more. Therefore they could move 700 tons 400 miles. Interesting thought process.

link courtesy of skyfloating

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yes like the stones at Baalbek and the Colossi of Memnon. the trilithon stones were only moved a couple miles but the Colossi of Memnon were moved over 400 miles.

It is easy to say they were capable of doing this but to replicate it or come close is another story.

The Romans were very open about how they did such things. While there are very few Roman records specific to Baalbek, there are detailed records regarding similiar structures. For example, we know that Rome took obelisks from Egypt, the largest weighing over 500 tons, and installed them hundreds of miles away in City.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This would be an enormous amount of work though.

You bet.

I intend to do that work when Im retired to keep myself busy in the last days of my life.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The Romans were very open about how they did such things. While there are very few Roman records specific to Baalbek, there are detailed records regarding similiar structures. For example, we know that Rome took obelisks from Egypt, the largest weighing over 500 tons, and installed them hundreds of miles away in City.

The largest is about 455 tons it was moved by Constantine and erected over a thousand years later by the pope.

If there are detailed records of this I'm not aware of them. If you know of an online source please let me know so I can add it to my website which your welcome to check for sources related to the subject before you make false claims like the obelisk is over 500 tons.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The largest is about 455 tons it was moved by Constantine and erected over a thousand years later by the pope.

If there are detailed records of this I'm not aware of them. If you know of an online source please let me know so I can add it to my website which your welcome to check for sources related to the subject before you make false claims like the obelisk is over 500 tons.

Careful, child. You might want to not accuse others of making false claims, when you are claiming Baalbek was constructed by aliens, or that the Romans did it, without doing one modicum of research outside of peddlers of ignorance. Tell me, child, which genuine (NOT SITCHEN AND DANIKEN) archaeological and historical resources have you consulted?

We already know the answer, don't we, child? Because you would not be claiming that Baalbek is not Roman, if you had.

Though I mistyped (meaning 400 as opposed to 500) you have made my point. You claimed they could not move it, and then tell us they moved a massive object hundreds of miles. And you are wrong in the claim that it was a Pope who erected it; it was a Pope who re-erected it. Most obelisks were toppled and the pieces lost until found centuries later.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Careful, child.

Tell me, child

don't we, child?

Why would you call the person you are talking to "child" three times in your post?

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's an old magician's trick. "Anything I tell you thrice is true." Or it's the "repeat" ploy used in contemporary advertising.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join