It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#1 Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

No they didnt find living bacteria! that is a lie. The closest they have ever come was when it was suspected that a anartic martian meteorite might have contained martian bacterial fossils, but later this was shown not to be the case, that it was likelyintruded upon by Earth based bacteria when it hit.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Here is what drove me to start looking at all this stuff with an open mind.

John Glenn Tells The Truth

From that point on, it seemed like a new door to reality had opened up.

Perhaps opening the door and letting in some fresh air may help. But some like stale air and never want to go byond the safe boundaries of the box.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

your best bet for bacterial life will come next year, when NASA launches the Mars science laboratory, a probe going to Mars that is outfitted with a complete suite of tools, including those necessary to detect life

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by RFBurns

The Never A straight Answer mock is dumb. When ever NASA doesnt say what you want them to say (which they cant because its not true) you hate them for it.

The picture SOLO posted was pretty high resolution as it is. NO EVIDENCE of artificial formation. And then someday when there is a manned mars mission and they dont find what you want, your going to accuse NASA of hiding it. That is all...

The whole notion of NASA hiding this is bull in and of itself, as if such things were EVER really found, globalcuriosity would go up big time and NASA would find itself with a HUGE BUDGET increase.

Well let me invite you over to the Enterprise MIssion forum where I have come up with about 40 other mocks of NASA that will spin your head, and quite possibly loosen up the mind somewhat.

But thats ok I dont mind I am sure others dont either. Its your world you live in, not ours.

Cheers!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

So your stating that a study like this is a LIE?

COPENHAGEN, Denmark, Aug. 28 (UPI) -- An international team of Danish-led scientists has, for the first time, extracted DNA from living bacteria that are more than 500,000 years old. The team, led by University of Copenhagen Professor Eske Willerslev, said its discovery might lead to a better understanding of cell aging and might cast light on the question of life on Mars

DNA is found in ancient living bacteria

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Umm.. Ok.. and that study no where says the bacteria in question originated from anywhere outside of the Earth.

your point??

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Another excellent find Solo!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Oh yes Mr Burns, because I am not willing to believe baseless nonsense with no real evidence other then people picking pictures of of land, because I require evidence my mind requires loosening...GIVE ME A BREAK! As I have outlined in another thread, thi type of crap reasoning is exactly the reason the UFO research field is in such a state of sorry circus like disarray.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Didnt you read what that snippet says?

"The team, led by University of Copenhagen Professor Eske Willerslev, said its discovery might lead to a better understanding of cell aging and might cast light on the question of life on Mars"

I think thats the point.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Why? that link he provided doesnt mention anything about the bacteria being from somewhere other then Earth, so what is his point

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

again, so? Of course undestanding life on earth will give us a better undrstanding of any potential life on other worlds, but this doesnt at all support the notions of the OP.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Solo954

Umm.. Ok.. and that study no where says the bacteria in question originated from anywhere outside of the Earth.

your point??

Wait.... let me dig a little more deeper in my pocket and I might find it...

A new study of a meteorite that originated from Mars has revealed a series of microscopic tunnels that are similar in size, shape and distribution to tracks left on Earth rocks by feeding bacteria. And though researchers were unable to extract DNA from the Martian rocks, the finding nonetheless adds intrigue to the search for life beyond Earth.

Solo's Point

link   

Originally posted by Solo954
reply to post by NavalFC

So your stating that a study like this is a LIE?

COPENHAGEN, Denmark, Aug. 28 (UPI) -- An international team of Danish-led scientists has, for the first time, extracted DNA from living bacteria that are more than 500,000 years old. The team, led by University of Copenhagen Professor Eske Willerslev, said its discovery might lead to a better understanding of cell aging and might cast light on the question of life on Mars

DNA is found in ancient living bacteria

From your source:

The discovery was made in permafrost excavated in Canada, Siberia and Antarctica.

link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Well it is my opinion, since you have no problem shoving yours onto others here, that the very reason why the UFO research community and credibility is in such a shambles is because of people like you who continue to bander the same ol crap and excuse that literally does not go byond an 8x11 box.

As I have said, you can believe what you will. Just let us continue our findings and exchange of those findings without your unwanted commentary. We already are well aware of your opinioni and you dont need to keep beating your dead horse. Its dead ok.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

No UFO researchis in such shambles because people will believe anyting as long as it reninforces their pre concieved notions of conspiracy and cover up, and when ever a skeptic comes along, the skeptic is considered "close minded" because he or she will not swallow the pill without actual evidence.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

Oh yes Mr Burns, because I am not willing to believe baseless nonsense with no real evidence other then people picking pictures of of land, because I require evidence my mind requires loosening...GIVE ME A BREAK! As I have outlined in another thread, thi type of crap reasoning is exactly the reason the UFO research field is in such a state of sorry circus like disarray.

And by all means please show us where anyone here has asked you or wished for you to believe us or any of the information we present here?

Again, you are entitled to believe what you want. So are we. Do you not understand that or what? Why are you so presistant in beating your dead horse in front of us.

Quite frankly, I am finding your replies to not be contributing to the topic or exchance of information contained within. Until you got something better to say or something better to present, your on ignore. At least I do have that ability to keep from seeing your same ol song and dance.

Bye Bye.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

No UFO researchis in such shambles because people will believe anyting as long as it reninforces their pre concieved notions of conspiracy and cover up, and when ever a skeptic comes along, the skeptic is considered "close minded" because he or she will not swallow the pill without actual evidence.

I thought the studies Ive been proving was enough evidence?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

the studies you linked to did NOT say anthing about your original premise. The premise that NASA is covering up intelligent life on Mars. NO evidence whats soever!

finding DNA in bacteria on Earth does not = NASA cover up

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

sorry Naval, but I think you broke the thread. Peace...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Solo, it wont matter if the evidence came up and bit this person in the rear, such a closed mind wont veer not a tenth of a nanometer from their straight line of stayiing inside the box.

However when other nations, perhaps even NASA, sends probes and a manned mission to mars and finally admits to these things, it will be very interesting to hear what these closed minded individuals have to say about it then.

But in the meantime, all of us are free to explore the possibilities and not have to answer to or give any more attention to the babies with their debunker rattlers.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join