It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#1 Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Oh please. BA is not the only place debunking the mars claims. They are merely one source, and that ONE SOURCE has MANY different contributors, many in the sicence community.
Furthermore one of the videos in the other mars thread addresses the BS'osity of the claims

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
These pictures are official NASA pictures.

How do you explain these?

Here's the link to the original.
nasa.gov

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Wow.. you saw some cool pictures in rock formation. No biggie. doesnt prove anything. Furthermore along with the photos from NASA you show photos of what the person is "supposed" to see, givin the viewers mind infomation to be bias for. A classic part of Pareidollia.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't see anything "artificial" about that Mars formation and it certainly does not look like any ancient Egyptian artwork.

I'm sure this has been posted 100 times before but:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well in case you have not noticed..there are also other sources that seem to also disprove the disproving. And alot of those sources stem from a time when you and I were not even a twinkle in our parent's eyes, you know...a long long time ago before BA or BS or whichever you prefer to call it.

Those sources seem to stay around alot longer than others..and have so for thousands of years. And I should point it out again, that none of those sources contain any reference to "nonsense" at all.

You know, I would love to see something from ancient times that clearly debunks what was written or carved then. Funny thing is tho..I dont think anyone has found anything like that tho.

Isnt that peculiar in itself?!

Well its nice to see a fellow ATS'r strongly stand for what they believe in. As you may have noticed..I too strongly stand for what I believe in.

The nice thing about it is that I have already stated that I agree to disagree with you. Care to share that position too?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Here's a good video to watch for beginners.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

ohandfurthermore, you can not even see that pattern in the original unless you zoom in extremly close, which
1. shows your picture to be deceptive in the scale of size
2. zooming out and looking at the whole picture shows NO obvious signs of intelligence, no "sphynx". again its just patterns. if you looked at a photo of the egyptian sphynx you wouldnt have to zoom to make it out as a detail on a zoomed in rock, it would stick right out.

This is pure nonsense.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Nice find Solo. I have that in my archive collection, along with about 10,000 more mars images containing lots of interesting stuff.

Feel free to share more!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Well I am sure if someone were standing right next to that formation Solo posted in the picture and took another picture of it, that zooming in and out of it would make it "snap out" right away wouldnt it!

But since there seems to be slight problem with being able to do that until a manned mission is sent to mars..all we got are what No Anomaly So Ahaha gives us.

How unfortunate. But soon if not Never A Straight Answer, someone else will.

It will happen, and in our life time too. Get ready for it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by Solo954

ohandfurthermore, you can not even see that pattern in the original unless you zoom in extremly close, which
1. shows your picture to be deceptive in the scale of size
2. zooming out and looking at the whole picture shows NO obvious signs of intelligence, no "sphynx". again its just patterns. if you looked at a photo of the egyptian sphynx you wouldnt have to zoom to make it out as a detail on a zoomed in rock, it would stick right out.

This is pure nonsense.

"Sphynx"?.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solo954
reply to post by NavalFC

Here's a good video to watch for beginners.

That video is fll of such psuedo science bull it isnt even funny, first and foremost the neon green was completel bunk as th zoom out showed.
Also the alegations That NASA is covering up lunar images is bogus especally in this day and age when an amatuer astronomer with a telescope can take highly detailed images of the surface of the moon! So i NASA going to push the federal government to outlaw amteur astronomy?

Also another big hole..look at all the image manipulation, the invertion, coloring, the scaling, they had to do to that lunar photo to make it resemble ANYTHING showing some kind of "structure". its BS! if their were really artificial structures they would stick out like a sore thumb! You dont have to do any of those imagery tricks to picutres of structure on Earth, they are there and can be seen!

This is a JOKE

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

or what ever you want to call it! thats not the point. You show it next to pctures of ancint egyptian structures and then try to make this connection with mars. its pareiollic joke.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

The Never A straight Answer mock is dumb. When ever NASA doesnt say what you want them to say (which they cant because its not true) you hate them for it.

The picture SOLO posted was pretty high resolution as it is. NO EVIDENCE of artificial formation. And then someday when there is a manned mars mission and they dont find what you want, your going to accuse NASA of hiding it. That is all...

The whole notion of NASA hiding this is bull in and of itself, as if such things were EVER really found, globalcuriosity would go up big time and NASA would find itself with a HUGE BUDGET increase.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

The whole notion of NASA hiding this is bull in and of itself, as if such things were EVER really found, globalcuriosity would go up big time and NASA would find itself with a HUGE BUDGET increase.

It's amazing you say that.

The U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee yesterday cleared legislation to increase NASA funding to $17.46 billion for fiscal year 2008. The sum is $1.2 billion higher than the NASA’s 2007 budget, and $150 million higher than the administration’s request for 2008.

"HUGE BUDGET increase."

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

For your learning enjoyment...or debunking enjoyment whichever you prefer. Regardless it is there.

Cydonia Monuments

Library of Halexandria

Mars Earth Connection

More Mars Earth Connections

Cydonia 101

Now keep in mind that the images at these sites are from offical NASA images taken by MGS/MOC, Odyssey and Viking.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by NavalFC

For your learning enjoyment...or debunking enjoyment whichever you prefer. Regardless it is there.

Cheers!!!!

Better said than I!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

1.2 billion is not a huge budget increase in terms of what NASA's budget as been from year to year. You missed the point. the udget incease would come because if NASApulicly ever said they had discovered such, the electroate would demands a huge budget increase, because any such budget increase would have to be appoved by congress, but in your exerpt the point is moot.

1.2 billion is not a big increase, in terms of NASA's budget
en.wikipedia.org...

as you can see it flucuates, and factoring in inlfation is sometimes smaller or larger.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Some more interesting reading/learning/debunking.

Expanding Upon Circular Boundary of Cydonia

Hancock Explains Importance of Cydonia

Code Of The Ancients

What is so interesting is the mathmatical geometry results that cannot be so easily dismissed and cannot just be some cooincidence of natural formations. Neat eh?!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

acually., yes you can. Math is the universal language, saying things like "ts on exactly 63 grid point" doesnt make it evidence. I could go into a gravel pit and compute the radius of a imaginary circle betwen some rocks and facotr all sorts of things in, but it doesnt make it anything more then gravel.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Solo954

the udget incease would come because if NASApulicly ever said they had discovered such, the electroate would demands a huge budget increase,

Well they already found living bacteria. It's a matter of time before they say the same bacteria can be found Earth. Like the Moon. Regardless everything is pure speculation and I don't mind being curious no matter what other people try to make me believe. We probably won't know even after there are manned trips to Mars. I mean whose not to say we've been there already.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join