It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists likely to use nuclear weapons before 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (AFP) — Terrorists are "likely" to use nuclear or biological weapons in the next five years, a US commission warned, highlighting Pakistan as the weakest link in world security.

Without urgent action, "it is more likely than not that a weapon of mass destruction will be used in a terrorist attack somewhere in the world by the end of 2013," the bi-partisan commission said Tuesday in its report "World at Risk."

The report, ordered by Congress and based on six months of research, warned the incoming US administration of Barack Obama: "America's margin of safety is shrinking."

AFP Source Link

Scary, most definitely, but what's interesting to me is the specific "2013" date.

Another article speculates as to what the military will do with the 15,000 troops scheduled to come back the US to "supplement" police and fire rescue teams:

Of the 15,000 troops, Kucharek said that 5,000 will be active-duty troops and the remaining 10,000 will be a combination of reserve forces and National Guard.

Several national security experts told ABCNews.com that they applaud the military's plan to ready the country against what they say is an inevitable terrorist attack. But others voiced concern that having an active brigade within the United States would increase the possibility of a police state and may even violate the Posse Comitatus Act, a federal law designed to limit the U.S. government's use of the military for domestic law enforcement purposes.

ABC news

Here's a link with a nice overview of who, exactly, Obama is choosing to lead the war on terror. It also has some interesting quotes:

"Terrorist organizations are intent on acquiring nuclear weapons," it says. "Anyone with access to the Internet can easily obtain designs for building a nuclear bomb. Our crucial task is to secure the material before terrorists can steal or buy it on the black market."

Boston.com article

So now that we know the real reason behind the troops coming back to the states, what does this mean for the citizens? Is this a viable terrorism threat, or are we being terrified into becoming a police state?

[edit on 3-12-2008 by writtenimage]

[edit on 3-12-2008 by writtenimage]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I read this article yesterday and just had to laugh to myself. They are just throwing it in everyone's faces what is being planned and the sheep still cant catch on.

If you read the whole thing they say that the next attack will almost certainly be biological since it is much easier to get a hold of or even produce a deadly organism then it is to acquire a nuclear weapon.

Apparently most of the facilities that keep these humanity ending viruses pretty much just leave the door open for those determined enough to get in compared to the the places that keep nuclear materials.

Our security is setup to primarily prevent a nuclear attack. They spent all the money on that and have made a biological attack far more appealing and easier for the "terrorists" to pull off.

So, its nice to know what we have to look forward to. YAY

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Do you think that all the Washington officials are just digging huge graves.

Hold on just want to picture this in my mind again.
I see them digging and digging. I'm not reacting. So they wave there shovel's. I'm not responding. They jump into their own graves.

This is what's happening to the power's of be.
Am I wrong.

Anyhoo, I 2013 is just another year ya know.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
One step closer to a one world government!! New World Order is in effect!!!! If indeed this does happen microchips are next!! Very scary thought, But it is reality. All we can do is be prepared

top topics

join