It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline shifted AGAIN???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Venture off to the science thread if you can't contain your criticism. Some threads welcome flaming. This one does not.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkPassenger
reply to post by mellisamouse

Edit: Melissamouse, when you mention friends being married then not, is it just you that thinks this, or have you found anyone else that has believed say, that two of your friends were married, then it turned out that they wern't. Would be interesting to see if two unrelated people had the same memory of something personal like that, which couldn't be explained by the media the same way celebrity things could be as I mentioned before.

Edit again: Spelling. Hopped up on caffeine makes for disjointed thoughts and bad spelling.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by DarkPassenger]

no it is not just me..... 3 or 4 of us will remeber, Joe and Sue being an Item, then Joe and Sue think we've lost our marbles and deny it up and down, and a few others remeber it like they do, also, my highschool crush, tells me we dated for a year or so, and I KNOW we didn't... I would have LOVED to, but we never got togehter because I had a steady boyfriend all trhough highschool.....it is weird, like some split of those that are NEW to this timeline that remeber things differently that the ones in (to us) this NEW timeline...it is messed up.....like the ones who belong here, and those of us who just jumped over here for some strange reason.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by mellisamouse]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Wow, that's where it gets scary as hell to be honest. Different timelines shouldn't be merging, or bleeding into each other, at least in my opinion. A sign of bad things to come?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I had seen this thread a few times, but it didn't really tickle my fancy, until today. Anyhow I'm glad I decided to have a look at it because it is really interesting! I noticed something during the week which may fall into this category.

I distinctly remember replying to a post in a thread called "Chances are no Aliens are visiting Earth" or something like that. Yesterday I went and had a look at the thread to see if anyone had replied to my specific comments and I was amazed to see that there was no record of me posting on that thread. I brushed it off as perhaps I didn't press the post reply button or something like that, but reading this thread makes me think maybe it fell victim to this timeshift thing. Who knows, but it's exciting though.

Also someone mentioned Fidel Castro before. As far as I'm aware he did die in the last year or two, didn't he? I remember him being gravely ill and his death seemed imminent. Perhaps that's still the case?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by speaker
Also someone mentioned Fidel Castro before. As far as I'm aware he did die in the last year or two, didn't he? I remember him being gravely ill and his death seemed imminent. Perhaps that's still the case?

Castro's apparently very much alive, but you're right, there's been reports of him being near death, and even rumours of his death that are a few years old according to what I've read on various results from google.

Castro says: Cuba open to dialogue with Obama/US. Just posted a link, that references him..again, very much alive.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
hmm I think it must be due to the fact we are all so busy.

But I had a very strange thing happen to me recently.

A local guy had died outside the pub in his car. I drove past the pub and I was like, omg that is such and such. I told another local, like omg, did you see that? and he confirmed that this local had died.

Well, two weeks later he walks past me.

I thought at first, oh wow, perhaps I am seeing a ghost? But I asked my friend... can you see that guy?
She said, yes. I said, well I don't know how it is possible, cos he was dead in his car 2 weeks ago.

How do we explain something like that?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have been in other timelines, some are bad while others are..I wish I stayed in that timeline. Is there a psychic skill to "know" or even to "change" a timeline event?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

That is so weird! When I was in college and still living at my mom and dad's house, I had a really unexplainable thing happen to my drivers license. I picked it up off my dresser,but as I drew my hand back it felt almost like I bumped into something, (there was nothing there) and I dropped my license and I saw it start to fall and then it was gone! It didn't fall to the floor. It just disappeared! I looked high and low for it because things don't just disappear! It should have landed on my shoe. I turned it over and shook it out, put my hand in it-- no license. I had my mom go in and look, thinking that I'm just not seeing it. She didn't see it either. I finally gave up because I had to get to work. When I came home that evening, there was my drivers license, right on top of my now overturned shoe, right where it should have fallen in the first place! It was like there was a glitch in time or something.

SunFireBlue

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

A long time ago, before the Danny Devito/Arnold Swartznegger movie "Twins" came out, I was driving in my car and heard a radio news report say that Danny Devito had died. They didn't say what caused his death, only that he died at a hospital in California. I forget the name of the hospital they said, but I thought it was in California. So I was really surprised to see him a couple of months later, on tv and in the news doing promotions for his new movie. I was really ticked at the radio station for giving out fake info! I think some of us DO hear that So And So has died, but it is just people in the media messing with us!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Well, when I read about you thinking he was dead, a really weird feeling came over me, and I could have sworn he was dead too for some reason. But then I went and asked my wife and she said he's still alive but has cancer.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunFireBlue

A long time ago, before the Danny Devito/Arnold Swartznegger movie "Twins" came out, I was driving in my car and heard a radio news report say that Danny Devito had died. They didn't say what caused his death, only that he died at a hospital in California. I forget the name of the hospital they said, but I thought it was in California. So I was really surprised to see him a couple of months later, on tv and in the news doing promotions for his new movie. I was really ticked at the radio station for giving out fake info! I think some of us DO hear that So And So has died, but it is just people in the media messing with us!

Media messing with us, yes, but not an such a large scale as what happend over here with Patrick Swayze. All the news networks reported his death, all the glamour/celebrity shows reported his death, some networks broadcasted Dirty Dancing and Ghost and our version of American Idol had a Swayze theme, with his image on the screen all of the time and only songs from movies he was in were being performed.

He really did die...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be freaky if you like saw Curt Colbane on the late night show talking about his music? Then learning the next day that he died like years ago, but before that day everyone was talking about how he was making a new album. This freaked me out!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by speaker

I distinctly remember replying to a post in a thread called "Chances are no Aliens are visiting Earth" or something like that. Yesterday I went and had a look at the thread to see if anyone had replied to my specific comments and I was amazed to see that there was no record of me posting on that thread. I brushed it off as perhaps I didn't press the post reply button or something like that, but reading this thread makes me think maybe it fell victim to this timeshift thing. Who knows, but it's exciting though.

conversely i don't remember posting in this thread the other night. looks like i certainly did though. (being pissed at the time might have something to do with the memory loss)

kidding - maybe after reading the thread you later dreamed you posted in it?

OP i still haven't seen anything posted here that couldn't be explained by conventional logic. i've thought people dead only to find they're not which is easily explained that i was mistaken or heard wrong.

i've lost things and turned the house upside down looking for them ... only to have lost item turn up right in plain sight.
it's hardly indicative of any time warping or whatever you want to call it.

as another poster asked - how come it's always celebrities, well known people or those not in our lives at the time that mysteriously come back to life? why not our dead brothers, mothers, friends etc?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

You were thinking of Luther Vandross

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm happy that a thread on this has re-emerged. I have had a few interesting experiences lately that made me buy into this shifting timeline paradox to some degree.

There is a family that lives next door to me, never really got to know them, but I am familiar with each family member, or at the very least I thought I was. Anyhow the family consist(ed)s of:

Mother: Tall Blond, blue eyes, fair skin, drives a Toyota Avalon.
Father: Heavy set guy with light color hair, seems to be fond of hats, and
sports t-shirts, drives a VW Pasaat.
Daughter: approx 14 yo, thin, has braces, light brown hair, walks dog often
without bothering to put on pants that cover her butt.

This is how it remained for about a year. The parents would party almost every Friday and Saturday night, which earned them the nickname "The noisy people." Then about six months ago everything about this family changed. First the noise stopped. Not too strange, the neighbors do tend to complain. Then I noticed something else.

Mother: Now a medium height asian woman, with shoulder length hair.

Same car, same husband, same child. A few weeks go by, and suddenly:

Daughter: Now a shorter girl, no braces, and much older, also with obvious
asian heritage.

She still walks the same white dog, and doesn't bother to put on appropriate clothing.... ever. Yet the husband was still the same guy.

Few weeks later. The husband changed. Very obviously the same guy. Except he was suddenly a good forty pounds lighter, and shed the football jerseys and t-shirts for wide variety of suits.

Approx. a month later, the original daughter is back.

Few weeks later.... the husband is suddenly back to his original weight, and back to his former style of dress.

Presently the husband and daughter remain the same, yet, there is yet another woman that is "mom" over there. Dark hair, slender, medium height, with greenish eyes.

My bro-in-law swears that it's gotta be some type of witness protection thing happening over there, but it's just extremely strange. My wife has also noticed the changes, yet we are all at a loss for any real explanation.

As far as other changes a local newscaster died about five years ago. They had a special memorial service for him on air. About a year past and I had forgotten he had passed on. I was at my parents house watching the news and I didn't see him, my parents reminded me that he had died some time ago, and I left it at that. Presently, he is alive and well, and on the news once more.

There are few others that I swear have died in the past, but I dunno what to make of some of them.

What really bothers me is the family next door, anyone have any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
how come this only ever happens with minor celebrities, how come it's never a case of "i swear my brother has been dead for the past 3 years but he just turned up on my doorstep for thanksgiving"? i say it is because we mistake wishfull thinking for reality.

I bet it does but the whole world does not know your brother. Celebrities are known by so many people when things happen to them a lot more people notice it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have what I think might physical evidence of a different timeline. Or maybe not.

I have in my possession, a palm pilot I retrieved from the local recycling center. It looks like a completely normal "Tungsten E" model, and all the markings identify it as that. But after turning it on, I found that it has something no "tungsten e" was ever built with; non-volatile memory. It should lose it contents when the batteries are completely used up, but it doesn't.

The closest thing with non-volatile memory was the "e2", but this definately isn't one of those. Those had a different connector on the bottom, and a lot more memory.

I also retrieved a fairly strange ipod.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hah... I like this thread because it is philosophical in nature and really gets one thinking outside of the box. Right now I still am of the opinion that what an individual thinks was a past event can certainly be inaccurate.

My memory stinks. I forget things. So when I hear about Patrick Swayze being alive I say "gee, I thought he was dead!"

What really happened was that I was going about my business and suddenly the media starts blabbering all about how Swayze is terminally ill and on and on and on. Well, my mind will take this popular character, change the status from 'doing fine' to 'deathbed' and then I don't hear about him for several months or years. Over time, the 'deathbed' label my brain used to classify him turned to 'dead'. Is he dead? No. Is it reasonable for me to think he was? Sure.

It may just be that we are becoming more aware of things thanks to having so much information around us all the time. We will place memories in where we feel they should reside in our mind when the 'classification' or imprint of the memory will more or less reflect how the memory was presented (by the media) rather than by fact.
---
Now sure, there are some timeline things that seem to not add up, and I like pondering them. For instance, I had never really drawn attention before. Then out of the blue a hobby of mine becomes popular and a certain large television network wants to make a prime-time show with me as one of the 3 lead roles. Well, we film some pilots but then the hobby falls out of popular fascination and the project gets put on hold.

The thing is that ever since then, I can be walking down the street and people will look at me as if they know or recognize me. Sometimes I get unusually preferential treatment from waiters/bartenders, sometimes I get that "I know you" knod as I am walking down the street, other times it is just a stare or people look at me and whisper to their companion. It gets so odd that often I will ask my girlfriend if I have something on my face or something because I become self-conscious about it.

Sure, I could just be picking up on something that was always there yet I had ignored until now, or another theory is that in another timeline the show aired and became even mildly popular and people are picking up on a little of that. Who knows!

There have been other changes in my life in the past 4 years or so that I cannot explain. I never recall these things happening before then. Things like unintentional weight loss, physique changes, attitude changes, lack of memory of my childhood... I just saw an aunt and uncle for the first time in 2.5 years and they had no idea who I was. Once they realized it was me, they could not stop talking about how I was a different person and they would have never recognized me if I walked up to them in public. On a similar note, much of my past seems in my mind to be like I had watched a movie or read a book versus personally experiencing the events. At the same time, the sequence of events seems to match up with where I am at now and in retrospect it appears as though "random" events which changed my life in the past had happened with very direct and deliberate consequences.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

that's really weird. i reckon you should start taking photos of them, lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

I think someone is screwing with the timeline. Sometimes there's something I can't quite put my finger on, and there are other time when time passes way too quickly in spurts. Last week I literally took a few steps that according to the clock took an hour to complete, but from my pov it was just a few moments.

I sounds crazy, and sometimes I wonder if I really am crazy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join