It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Couple Chained and Tortured Boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Police: Couple Chained and Tortured Boy

www.abcnews.go.com

A California couple has been arrested and charged with kidnapping and torturing a 17-year old boy who fled from their home Monday, bloodied with bruises, clad only in flesh-colored boxer shorts and shackled at the ankle.

A California couple is arrested after locked up boy flees alleged abuse. "The staff noticed blood and bruising on his body, and he looked emaciated and had a chain locked to his ankle," said Matt Robinson, spokesman for the Tracy Police Department.

"The boy was confused and didn't know where he was or how long he had been held against his will," he told ABCNews.com.

The boy, covered in soot, urine and feces, arrived at the In-Shape City Sports Club around 4 p.m. Monday begging an employee to hide him, according to Robinson.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

A California couple has been arrested and charged with kidnapping and torturing a 17-year old boy who fled from their home Monday, bloodied with bruises, clad only in flesh-colored boxer shorts and shackled at the ankle.

A California couple is arrested after locked up boy flees alleged abuse. "The staff noticed blood and bruising on his body, and he looked emaciated and had a chain locked to his ankle," said Matt Robinson, spokesman for the Tracy Police Department.

"The boy was confused and didn't know where he was or how long he had been held against his will," he told ABCNews.com.

The boy, covered in soot, urine and feces, arrived at the In-Shape City Sports Club around 4 p.m. Monday begging an employee to hide him, according to Robinson.

Lord have mercy! See this is the state of "Discipline" today.

How can anyone feel they are right in exacting this type of abuse on a child?

www.abcnews.go.com

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
These weren't his parents. HOWEVER, this IS a good example of how "the authorities" really help our children. He'd alreayd been handed over to a Foster home, which he escaped from for who knows what reason, and then was held hostage by these people for a year. It boggles my mind. I wonder if they just wrote him off as a troubled kid/runaway and decided not to look for him? It's not like these kidnappers weren't allowing him outside. I'd think had a thorough investigation been performed, they may have found him. But this goes to show why some children feel they can't turn to authorities for help.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Same topic posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This article has more detail though, so thanks for posting it.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Lord have mercy! See this is the state of "Discipline" today.

How can anyone feel they are right in exacting this type of abuse on a child?

www.abcnews.go.com

I don't believe this is the state of "Discipline" as has been stated before, these weren't his parents, if you honestly believe that "Discipline" means doing something like that to a child then you are severely mistaken.

I was "Disciplined" all my life, I got spanking when misbehaved, I got put in time-out for talking back, I got toys taken away. But you know what else I got? I solid respect for my mother and father. Unlike for example, my little brother who gets no "Discipline" whatsoever who thinks it's funny to talk back, ignore, and be and overall spoiled brat to them and anyone else he feels like.

This is a sad story, all cases like this are sad, whether the perpetrators are parents or not, I think it's a gross display of some sick sick minds, and it shows us how dark the human complex can go even today.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There is another thread here on this but I wanted to post this information here too, since its a different forum..

The couple arrested are parents to 4 of their own children and the woman is a girlscout leader.

cbs5.com...

A girl scout leader and her husband are also in custody. They were booked on suspicion of torture, kidnapping and child abuse after the bruised, terrified teen turned up half-naked late Monday afternoon at the In-Shape Sports Club on Tracy Boulevard in downtown Tracy.

The couple's four young children, two of whom were home when police arrived, have been placed with Child Protective Services, authorities said.

On her MySpace Web page, Lau described herself as a stay-at-home mom and said her husband worked as a contractor. She posted many photos of her family, friends and pets.

Lau started serving as a local Girl Scout leader sometime in September, according to the head of the group's regional chapter.

A background check performed before making Lau a Scout leader turned up nothing to cause concern, said Pam Saltenberger, chief executive of Girl Scouts Heart of Central California.

The family's tidy two-story house was decked with two large Christmas wreaths on the front doors. No one answered Tuesday when reporters knocked on the front door.

According to neighbors, the couple seemed to lead lives that revolved around their kids

You just never know who you can trust and you have to be very leary of all people your kids are around.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I feel so sorry for this poor young man. Who knows what this has done to him mentally. We can all gasp at the physical details given, but his mind must be in shambles, and that really concerns me. It will take him a long time to ever truly trust people or have face in any kind of system, if he ever does.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by inked up

You just never know who you can trust and you have to be very leary of all people your kids are around.

Yeah, it’s a scary world out there for parents. Even if you don’t abuse your children the odds are set against you, sexual abuse is especially rampant now- happening in one of every four girls. I think parents often unintentionally instill a fear and respect for authority in their children that can make them fear questioning adults who are mistreating them. Then on the other side of the coin are the parents who don’t instill enough caution in their children. Maybe finding a balance between the two can be difficult but if a parent loves their child and pays attention to their child’s moods and the people the parent leaves their child with (or lets them hang out with) I think that in itself is a simple step that not enough parents take to insure their child’s safety.

new topics

top topics

join