It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC to be destroyed - Feb 9, 2009

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
PLEASE NOTE -
I AM JUST BRINGING THIS TO YOU.
I DO NOT BUY INTO IT.

NYC to be Destroyed

The warning of this ‘prophecy’ -

9 February 2009
TU B'Shevat 5769
Watch New York

The author claims he gathered information ‘scientifically’ and came to the February 9th date in a scientific manner and not an ethereal one –

The Apocalypse in Noah’s day started on a solstice, 21 December 2288 BC. Since Jesus said in Matthew 24:37 that the prophesied Apocalypse will be like Noah’s day, the Apocalypse also starts on a solstice – 21 December 2008. … I originally counted 47 days from that solstice day, which comes to 5 February 2009 when counted directly using today’s calendar. However this time, the deluge will be a nuclear fire storm prophesied in the Bible and mentioned in the Aztec calendar, too

When counting from the winter solstice [21 December 2008], we come to a Jewish tree holyday Tu B’Shevat [9 February 2009] as the next special day in the Jewish religious calendar, by using an equivalent to 47 days of 1 month + 17 days. It could represent and connect with the far vision prophesied as the biggest tree of Nebuchadnezzar’s third dream in Daniel 4. ….

There is more at the site as to how he gets the dates and what he thinks will happen.

He gets some things wrong – like saying an Aztec calendar calls for the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012. It’s really a Mayan calendar and it doesn’t call for the end of the world – but an end of an age.

I’m reporting the prophecy and letting you all decide what you think of his ‘reasoning’. This is making the rounds so I’m bringing it forward for discussion.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Interesting post.

But the end of the world can mean a lot of things. So it dpends what he meant by saying world.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Though I feel like a modern Jonah because of what I discovered, I am not a prophet. I am not a minister or religious professional, and I never thought would write a book about prophecy! I am a self-taught engineer, scientist and former clock and instrument maker who developed new ways to make things work better, like the first 5 ¼ -inch disk drive head for a PC or subassemblies for atomic particle accelerators. I also have 20 years of experience as the president of my own hi-tech company.

I think this guy must clearly be delusional if not insane

Edit: I just have to add that this guy is predicting the end of the world and here is his contact information

You may contact us by mail at:

Faith in the Future Foundation
PO Box 6384
Minneapolis, MN 55406

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Waldy]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ya and the sky is going to fall next Sunday and cats will live with dogs by Christmas and Nibiru will be the ball that drops in NY at Times Square that will bring the real end of the world.

Oh...btw, the world does not revolve around the east coast people.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Just another person hoping to gain some attention and followers.

If it happens, i wll chew my words.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Just another person hoping to gain some attention and followers.

Attention, followers ... and book sales. I'm sure.

I do not buy into this 'prophecy' at all. But it's making the rounds so I figured I'd bring it forward. He states a specific date so it'll be easy to say he was right or wrong - on February 10th.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What is the fascination with doomsday prognosticating using ancient or old writings like the bible or nostradamus? Write a book filled with crypitic guesses about the future and make sure it is passed along through your family. In 300 years they can sell it and give you a top notch headstone.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

You saying the world revolves around the west coast? I got news for you dude, the world doesnt revolve around USA!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Their was a poster called reinhardt (finance.google.com...) who predicted the last wall street crisis. Someone on here posted a thread on here about it a while ago.
Anyway, this dude reinhardt said the next big crash is on febuary 9th.

ive no idea about any connections other than the date, but maybe someone might find this info useful

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I always laugh when I hear about someone trying to profit off of doomsday prophecies... Seriously why do people buy into this stuff? This is usually how it goes in my mind....

Doomsday Prophet: "Hey you need to buy my book so you can prepare for the coming apocolypse!"

Gullible Idiot: "Oh my GOD! Did you say apocolypse???? Take this! *Proceeds to throw wads and wads of money at Prophets feet*

The day of the apocolypse comes and nothing happens....

Gullible Idiot: "Hey nothing happened"

Doomsday Prophet: *driving off in his new Benz* "Wow isn't that crazy, Well at least we are all still alive!"

Gullible Idiot: "Hey you know your RIGHT! YAYYYY!"

[edit on 3-12-2008 by ExistenceUnknown]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
February 9, 2009. Major Lunar Eclipse.
That may mean something to those who are into astrology.

I found this obscure Christian pastor with a web page making the prediction for a major event on February 9, 2009 - by someone with a poor track record named Tim Carpenter.

quick edit immediately

[edit on 12/3/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
With all these 'prophecies' going round I don't think I'll ever come out of my bunker ever again, Bye all, see you on the other side.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well then...

It sounds like Steve Wozniak from apple!!! He's very well known in his inner circle for extremely elaborate hoaxes & practical jokes. Some have been on a very large scale.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here's the thread on the Economic collapse of Sept08' and Gov't collapse of Feb09'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

9 February 2009
TU B'Shevat 5769
Watch New York

However this time, the deluge will be a nuclear fire storm prophesied in the Bible and mentioned in the Aztec calendar, too

There is no "nuclear fire storm" prophesied in the bible. There are events that people interpret as being 'nuclear fire storms' and so on but that's actually quite a different thing.

It's the same with all prophecies and there are dozens of threads on ATS alone that demonstrate this, often what prophets declare as 'fact' really is only their interpretation of an external text of some kind, whether it's a vision or religious verse.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just to add to the collection:

Isn't February 2009 when the US government will declare that it is utterly bankrupt and the state is supposed to be declared 'defunct'?

Isn't February 2009 when the UN - in collusion with other powers - will begin their 'peacekeeping' efforts in the US - as the U.S. Government officials and favored citizens and their families all relocate into the FEMA 'continuity of government' underground facilities?

Perhaps Dow and Monsanto will release genetic and chemical corruption into the eco-system rendering it incapable of sustaining life as we know it..., in February....

Major earthquakes, Nuclear Wars, Terrorist bio-attacks, mutant zombies...,

I don't know why so many people hate February...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well here are the first of the "double-diget-date" prophecies for '09...

Of course it could happed, but this seems like more religious fear-mongering.

Seriously, it bugs me that he's combinging the Aztec prophecies with this, in any other setting a Christian preacher would call them heathen savages, but here including the prophecy is convenient to his own agenda.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Oh no, please, not another doomsday prediction.

Nurse, nurse, make the nasty man go away. . .

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
No one can decipher the Day or Hour When Armagedon will happen.

(Mark 13:32) 32 “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father.

It is a waste of time to try to calculate that day or to make lame prophecies based on faulty human reasoning.

When the day comes & goes, the one making the prediction proves himself to be no more than a false prophet, and a fool.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Jesus said there would be false prophets. This is probably nothing more than a false prophecy. But who knows, anything is possible.

<<   2 >>

join