It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the signs of abduction? How do you know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
How would you know if you had been abducted??

Physcially you have unexplained marks on your body? Or a memory of an abduction you would swear is real? Or missing time?

Is there a "list" of the symptoms that you have been or are being, abducted by aliens?

I am truly fascinated to hear what people tell me on this. If you believe yourself to be an abductee - how did you know? Did it just occur to you suddenly, like a flash of inspiration? Or were there more tangilbe "signs" to you that something funny was/is going on?

Also: based on the amount of testimonies on Alien encounters, that these beings have telepathic abilities - how do 'we' (the people) know that are heads aren't being right royally messed with? To such a degree as to question any and all memories we might have of an Alien encounter?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by azurecara
Physcially you have unexplained marks on your body? Or a memory of an abduction you would swear is real? Or missing time?

Is there a "list" of the symptoms that you have been or are being, abducted by aliens?

Those are often cited as "symptoms" of an abduction. I also found this list...

Persistent re-experiencing of the traumatic event characterized by flashbacks

Persistent avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma

Denial of the event

Nightmares involving aliens, medical procedures, UFOs, apocalyptic matter, such as a asteroid hitting Earth, nuclear war, other matters that returned abductees may not report to anyone at all.

Labeling the event something else

Phobic avoidance of areas or situations where contact occurred

Refraining from sleep at the time contact occurred

Emotional reaction to literature, pictures, or videos about alien entities

Numbing of emotions characterized by inability to feel intimacy, pleasure, or to express emotions

Diminished interest in previously enjoyed activities

May have no expectation of normal life events or normal life span

May fear abduction with no return or lengthy abduction

Hyper-vigilance, exaggerated startle response, irritability, and/or panic attacks

These are also these, asked during a 1992 Roper Poll survey on alien abduction...

--Waking up paralyzed with a sense of a strange person or presence or something else in the room.

--Experiencing a period of time of an hour or more, in which you were apparently lost, but you could not remember why, or where you had been.

--Seeing unusual lights or balls of light in a room without knowing what was causing them, or where they came from.

--Finding puzzling scars on your body and neither you nor anyone else remembering how you received them or where you got them.

--Feeling that you were actually flying through the air although you didn't know why or how.

But remember, just because you have any combination of these symptoms, be it just one or all of them, there are dozens of mundane explanations and reasons why you may have them outside of being abducted by aliens. Before assuming that you are an abductee, it may be prudent to seek out professional psychological/psychiatric help.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Those are often cited as "symptoms" of an abduction. I also found this list...

--Experiencing a period of time of an hour or more, in which you were apparently lost, but you could not remember why, or where you had been.

--Finding puzzling scars on your body and neither you nor anyone else remembering how you received them or where you got them.

But remember, just because you have any combination of these symptoms, be it just one or all of them, there are dozens of mundane explanations and reasons why you may have them outside of being abducted by aliens. Before assuming that you are an abductee, it may be prudent to seek out professional psychological/psychiatric help.

There are surveys, but they want your e-mail address and suggest that if you have been diagosed by a psychicatrist, than you shouldn't take the survey. (whatever)

The symptoms of grief etc. are probably typical from top to bottom of what was mentioned in shock and trauma etc.

Missing time and unexplained markings such as scoop marks and possibly even an x-ray that shows implants. My score on one survey without sending it in was about 70%

Always some excuse for them to label you as delusional. But it does help to get some type of medication as long as it doesn't do any brain or other heallth related damage.

My brother had similar experiences he had been telling me about for years. Now when I ask him about it, he denies ever saying it. In fact, the place he goes for therapy he was trying to get me to go to and is where my latest psychiatrist wants me to go.

Sounds like they're passing out free lobotomies there. I told them "No thanks, I prefer to stay where I'm going which is the same distance anyway."

There are no doubt abduction books available. There seems to be very few support groups other than some on the internet. I guess that's fine if you don't mind someone else writing a book on your experiences.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Another symptom is a sudden and irrational fear of owls or deer, animals with very large eyes.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder appear to be very common then? That these symptoms appearing - without any obvious traumatic event could be an indicator?

I can see how alot of these symptoms could be interchanged with other explanations; which I can only imagine would make it incredibly difficult for those suffering from them all, and who wish to be taken seriously with their explanations of what they are experiencing.

Has anyone here suffered from scoop marks? Could you tell me more about what they are? I'm a little vague on what these could be. Many thanks to you in advance for sharing.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You would probably have to read some statistics such as what the one poster mentioned. There might be something on Coast 2 Coast on youtube about it. Here's one site that shows one type or old style of scoop marks.
www.rense.com...

I have an identical one on my right shin. After which they used some type of plastic material and sealed it somehow to the wound like a shinny scab and it stopped hurting until I tried to pull it off. They eventually fell off.

I haven't read anything else like this yet though. Just scoop marks people don't recall getting.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thanks for that link aleon1018. An unexplained scoop mark appearing on your body would be more than passing strange, especially combined with symptoms of PTSD, and seemingly odd phobia's of alien paraphenalia.

What would be the first steps to take if you suspect you have been a victim?

IS there anything you could do?

From all I've read, it appears that being a helpless victim is the only thing to do. The apparent abduction scenarios I've read about all seem to point to the alien beings being so far in advance of our thinking and technology that to attempt to defend yourself from unwanted personal invasion would be either dangerous, or ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
An excellent source of information is
Reaching for Reality: Seven Incredible True Stories of Alien Abduction.
by Constance Clear

This book is readily available from usual sources.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Thanks for that link aleon1018. An unexplained scoop mark appearing on your body would be more than passing strange, especially combined with symptoms of PTSD, and seemingly odd phobia's of alien paraphenalia.

What would be the first steps to take if you suspect you have been a victim?.....Calm down? research? possible causes? mental stability?

I don't have a professional answer for that as if some therapist or whatever. Best guess would be to write these down and do some type of association and research. Many of these flashbacks were more graphic at first and I've since nearly forgotten them or they don't freak me out anymore as if some nightmare or dream. Maybe it's connected to PTSD?

IS there anything you could do? ......Calm down?

I seriously doubt removing suspected implants would stop every encounter since they probably know where you live and sleep etc. Telepathy suggests this if they connected with you that way.

Some have said that because you are still alive, that they may not ever intend on hurting you to the extent of death and may even possibly be there to help you survive. But as suggested as if some lab experiment, I don't find THAT much comfort in that idea and yet here I am after possibly a lifetime of abductions etc. since the age of 3?

The apparent abduction scenarios I've read about all seem to point to the alien beings being so far in advance of our thinking and technology that to attempt to defend yourself from unwanted personal invasion would be either dangerous, or ridiculous. "Resistance is futile." ??? maybe so.

Also look into the other possibilites such as mind control experiments. Mkultra/Nazi/elites etc. This is a conspiracy site, so there could be many answers.

You ask these questions and yet, I don't recall you ever admitting you recalling a personal abduction scenario. Maybe I missed it.

Too bad I've yet to take most of the above advice. But I have given more thought to it and the pieces are 'as if' falling into place 'very slowly.'

I still don't have an answer even though some here suggest not being as negative about it. That suggests some type of ascension process.

Taking my memories away and planting false ones doesn't give me much confidence.

Besides that, I'm a very poor reader as if dumbed down that way. Accumulating through research is a very slow if not impossible task for me.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

As far as I'm aware, I haven't been abducted. No missing time, or weird phobia's.

However over the last two years I've been reading round on the internet (off and on, as I have a life outside of the computer that can be quite hectic). What started out as passing thought about aliens, and a random google search suddenly grabbed my attention. I hadn't really thought about the people involved behind the theories before then. And the sheer volume of people (some very creditable) who have put their hand up and said "I know they are real." or "I've seen one" etc.

Now there are boundless theories, as I'm sure the human mind has limitless potential to create exponetial explanations. I've noticed that each explanation for the different phenomena, memories, experiences, and witnesses, that comes from outside those with intimate first-hand knowledge tends to be either a denial of anything other than a rational, scientific, earth-based explanation (which does not appear to accept any discussion on other-wordly species) - Or a much smaller cluster of people who are willing to accept that it could be (and some are utterly convinced) a non-terristrial being, craft or structure.

Things that strike me as ODD:

1. The sheer volume of people who are willing to testify - many of them without financial reward, and who appear quite reluctant to appear in the spotlight, and none of them who look or sound like "crackpot crazies".
2. The similarities between strangers accounts.
3. That with this many people, mainstream media still ignored them and have never reported anything regards to their ideas except in a derogatory or dismissive manner. (How can this many people be ignored and why ridicule them???)
4. That if Science is supposed to ask What If? And consider All evidence - including human testimonies, why is mainstream Science ignoring these people?

It's discrimination, and as far as I can see - it's just that mainstream people's attitudes and reactions have been perceived to be hysterical, for wont of a better word. If I'm an example of mainstream people, I can tell you that decades of lies by a government trying to make sure I feel better about the world, is going to tick me off to a level I have yet to experience. I don't consider myself stupid, but to be deliberately kept in ignorance is disconcerting to consider.

Two years ago I would have been amused by the idea of inter-dimensional beings as aliens. Now, I believe the possibility should be considered. That no idea should be turfed out, just because initially I couldn't see how it was possible. Perhaps in accepting that there are many things in this universe I don't know, I have found it easier to open my mind to the possibile theories.

So no, I have not had personal experience. What I am is thirsty for information. I want to peel back this curtain of ignorance I seem to have been living in. However, I realise how hard it is to share personal experiences, after reading through the threads here, ridiculing another person appears to be part of the human condition. I am more convinced, after reading ATS, that humanity may be capable of great achievements, and we may shine most dramatically through hardship and adversity; however we are still savage creatures at times, with what appears to be a hit and miss capacity for empathy and kindness.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think I am perfectly fine, until I start reading some other peoples experiences, and then I start getting shortness of breath, and anxiety, and turn all the lights on, and can't finish what I was reading. ( I think I am trying to face my fears now though, as the last few days I have finally been exposing myself to these threads)

I absolutly CANNOT watch for a second now any of those youtube videos....

I have never been taken from my bed or anything that I know of, all 3 times 2 were when I was outside in the middle of the night, ONE was after school on the way home rollerskating with 2 friends, so now I allways take a cab or get a ride after dark, even though it gets dark at 4:30, and that is rediculous, because I live in a small town and KNOW everyone in EVERY car that drives by....

yeah, just re-reading that I can see how there has been some disfunction casued in my life....

I shouldn't have to take a cab every time I want to go to Walmart......well, when my roomate is in town, I will make him walk with me, but otherwise...it kinda sucks.

Edited to change:
oops, I origionally said all 3 were at night, but one was on the way home after school.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by mellisamouse]

[edit on 5-12-2008 by mellisamouse]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I've ben forced to make many changes in my life since I've been on disability. It's a slow crawl to what now seems as a twisted reality. I quit smoking about 5 years ago, I quit drinking over a year ago and I've tried eliminating processed foods and certain foods and spices out of my diet that apparently contributed to brain fog and migraines. If aspirin gives you a headache than:

Salicylate sensitivity:
www.salicylatesensitivity.com...

If you'll notice, beer is on this list.
I've had this most of my life. It's pretty sad growing up and being forced to eat what's put in front of me.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

Many people don't want to even go down this path you are. Keeping an open mind and remaining skeptical to some degree is fine.

Also look into other possibilites such as mind control programs by the Nazis and with the US military program called MK ultra here on ATS.

It's been suggested that the Nazis were possibly collaborating with ETs and if you'll notice, they were apparently working on their own saucer program. Project paper clip; NASA etc. There's a history of puzzle pieces.

It's sad to think these visitors may have come in peace, only to be killed for their technologies.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

What are the signs of abduction? How do you know?

Well, if I were to answer this question based on what people claim daily on this forum; A simple bad dream is enough for some to start claiming they've been abducted.

One guy started a thread here that stated the same car went past him twice on the road and can't remember overtaking it for it to fall behind him, therefore he must have been abducted. It's these kinds of fruitcakes that sully the real phenomena (if it exists) and why I now cringe each time I read poorly rationalized abduction threads.

If people can't think critically about their experiences, then they don't deserve to be taken seriously.

IRM

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Thanks for that tip about the Nazi programs. I will have to delve into this area for a bit of "study".

I can't understand why people aren't all asking the same questions I am. To me, it doesn't make any kind of rational sense at all. Do people Genuinely not want to be aware that there could be something amazingly phenomenal going on??

Okay, that said, if I applied logic it would tell me that people are so caught up with their daily lives, and daily drama's/struggles, that to be also concerned that alien beings, or some completely unfamiliar phenomena that they may never have a personal experience with, even though it may be taking place side-by-side with their ordinary daily routines, is a bit of a tough sell.

I can understand this thinking. I can even relate to it. Keeping up with the flow of your life may be difficult and time-consuming enough, that opening your mind and dedicating yourself to reading outside your comfort zone can be above and beyond the call of duty.

What gets my goat (to use a cute colloquial), is that as a race we have some incredibly intelligent people out there. (And no, I'm not implying only people at the top of their scientific fields - I think people would be surprised to find that genius's can be found in all different walks of life.) Right? Geniuses!!!!

Why are we still in the mainstream "agreeing" as it were, that aliens do not exist???

At the most, all I've seen is a 'Joe-bob Everyman" type scientist admit that of course "statistically speaking" it is entirely possible that alien life does exist within the known (and perhaps unknown) universe. But the entire overtone and demenour of said scientist is that it is highly unlikely the We would ever truly know. Oh and Intelligent life? Possible, yes... probable???

(Azurecara throws up her hands and shakes her head) The only explanation that makes sense is that We have fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of the answers.

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.

... I've just realised I may have drifted completely away from my original question... apologies.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I am in fully support of critically analysing a person's experiences. However it does come with some exceptions. And that being a stalemate.

What if you could find a very good scientific explanation for a person's experiences - up to and including auditory and visual hallucinations.
vs
Their own stated experiences as being a real experience that was not in any way a hallucination; from a completely sane rational human being with outstanding credibility.

Do you believe that scientific explanation, or the personal experience? Which would you give more weight to, and why?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

In regards to personal experience, sure they may claim to be sane and rational but first you must be able to quantify that statement and secondly you need to be able to remove external influences.

IRM

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

So you would find it diffiuclt to analyse an alien experience that was more of a dream-sequence; or vision, etc. type of channelling experience.

And I expect that the sheer difficultly in being about to apply a scientific type of framework - would be disabling to proving an alien experience.

Aside from your own personal experience, what type of evidence could be presented to you that might convince you utterly? (Out of curiosity)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

"Thanks for that tip about the Nazi programs. I will have to delve into this area for a bit of "study".
"

I've had many questionable experiences that 'suggest" some type of possible connection to Nazis, NASA, NSA, US Marshals, Air Force etc. the list could go on. False memory syndrome, implanted memories etc. Proof is hard to come by using the internet. Even debunking could be a fake tool by manipulating the materials and source. Disinformation can take many forms.

I like the example of seeng from out of the box. Even a person suffering from delusions might be able to to do this; others are crazy, but they aren't is kinda funny and sad, but it's a great learning tool if it's repeated.

I used to watch beautiful mind over and over just because someone in outpatient therapy said I was like him and I didn't get it.
Of course John Nash was mentally ill and could be the only similarity.

Being on disability for 5 years has given me a chance to recover, if only to search for the blame outside of my own box.

I was given a question in a room by myself as if to prove this. It's shape was familiar and confusing. It was like an upside down ice cream cone, except the top and bottom were cone shaped. The question was to write the formula for the total volume.

Then something else took over me and I replied: "I've already solved this problem.
Now here is one for you: It was a bizarre formula for some physics theory or explantion of a natural force. The question was: " What am I?" Supposedly the formula was sent to Machio Kaku.

Scientists.......

Yeah, people like Michio Kaku is an example of double speak. He poses his theories and at the same time denies the accumulated facts. I guess we have to read between the lines. I'm sure he knows but just can't say it yet. As to who had possessed me and taken over I don't know...Maybe it WAS Michio Kaku?

Decoding DNA and even transferring it through light has been suggested by a test using a laser. A frogs DNA was changed to a salamander while it was just an egg? maybe that's also how we got here? Probes altering DNA?
Sending this information over great distances across the galaxy?

Many links on old threads probably don't work anymore either. It's really discouraging.
Another conspiracy? I don't really know for sure as sites do allegedly expire.

I don't think you were off from your question at all. Everyone could be a bit "off" here anyway.

There are many here that know great resources for your questions. I'm an old experiencer that's just now waking up. Revelations in some way. Truth is still stranger than fiction and many are in denial, whatever the case may be.

Welcome to the ATS waiting room.
Someone will be "right" with you.

top topics

join