It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
As time goes on I get more and more pi..ed off with this country and to top it all............... well take a look.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Small edit
Sorry I wasn't sure where to post this if this is the wrong place could one of the MODS move it please.

Just a little snippet if the link doesn't work.
A second clause says that people who are stopped 'must produce a valid identity document if required to do so by the Secretary of State'. Failure to do so would be a criminal offence with a maximum penalty of 51 weeks in jail or a £5,000 fine.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by yeebsy]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

So what is it that you want, Mr. Daily Mail reader? Illegal immigrants walking the streets not bothered by the police (and spending your tax money), or this? You can't have both. The police aren't psychic - they can't tell an illegal immigrant without asking for ID.

The cops are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. There is no pleasing Daily Mail readers.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

First off regardless of what you think it might achieve (we will still get illegals) it wont. What I am opposed to is being FORCED to carry documentation around with me for the fear of a fine or imprisonment if I don't. (Nazi europe anyone?)

Now before you get on your high horse and say we already carry documents around with us and if you have nothing to hide then what's the problem? You're right we do, but every now and then I will venture out and forget to take my wallet/documentation (technically I would then be breaking the law). Secondly this IS one more step to national I.D cards and a national database that will hold information on YOU as well.
www.homeoffice.gov.uk...

Giving the police this kind of power will only lead to abuse, as the old saying goes 'Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely'. Have you been reading about Damian Green? Here's a snippet from the Telegraph or is that to much of a rag as well?

www.telegraph.co.uk... html

It is also thought that Bob Quick, the anti-terror chief who personally signed off on Mr Green's arrest, has also been preparing to apply for the top Met job,

National security has not been compramised by the leaks, or information passed to any terrorist organizations, so why did Bob Quick sign off the arrest? because he can?, because he has the power to, he wants the top job?. Or is it just a coincidence that it was Sir David Normington who made the original complaint and who also chairs the selection committee for the new MET Commisioner before putting a name forward to Jacqui Smith.?

Yes I too want illegal immigration stopped but all this will do is once again chip away at OUR civil liberties.

I posted this as a vent for myself as I believe it wrong, people will disagree with me it's inevitable. I wanted honest opinions from people why they think it's good or bad and all I get is some smart arse focusing more on the paper I linked (sorry next time I'll link you to one of your choice). I don't want a slagging match, I just want honest opinions.

Edit for Spelling

[edit on 3-12-2008 by yeebsy]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
That poster gives me the creeps.

top topics

join