It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer is not Satan!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I read a really great book that opened my mind up to a world of information that I did not know of before. The name of this book was "old world secrets the omega project codes" and in it, it stated that lucifer was a fallen babylonian king.

I am posting this because after I found out that this was true, I could not believe how many people use the name lucifer, claiming it to be satan. I figure if I can get this through to some of the confused, they will start to wake up to see how many more of these lies are being told to them, and just how deep this deception really goes.

I am hoping that they will realize that just because the smaller levels of this faith run charity organizations, that this does not mean that its original intentions were good. I am hoping that they will start to see the big picture and how at the top these lies that are being told will in the long run purposely result in the death of billions.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seek4 truth
I am hoping that they will realize that just because the smaller levels of this faith run charity organizations, that this does not mean that its original intentions were good.

which faith? Christianity?

-

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

I am hoping that they will realize that just because the smaller levels of this faith run charity organizations, that this does not mean that its original intentions were good.

which faith? Christianity?

-
Anybody or faith that is claiming Lucifer as Satan.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
in Rev 22:16

we are informed/told that:

Jesus himself in the vision to John says;
I AM the root and offspring of David,
(and) the bright and Morning Star.

if one looks it up 'Lucifer' = Morning Star
that should settle whom Lucifer was, the entity who would later be birthed as the man Jesus

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
in Rev 22:16

we are informed/told that:

Jesus himself in the vision to John says;
I AM the root and offspring of David,
(and) the bright and Morning Star.

if one looks it up 'Lucifer' = Morning Star
that should settle whom Lucifer was, the entity who would later be birthed as the man Jesus
I also found many references to Jesus being 666. Many people have tried to convince me that this is wrong but I find more information pointing at the fact that it is not.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

So are you trying to say that Jesus = Lucifer?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I read a really great book that opened my mind up to a world of information that I did not know of before. The name of this book was "old world secrets the omega project codes" and in it, it stated that lucifer was a fallen babylonian king.

I am posting this because after I found out that this was true, I could not believe how many people use the name lucifer, claiming it to be satan. I figure if I can get this through to some of the confused, they will start to wake up to see how many more of these lies are being told to them, and just how deep this deception really goes.

I am hoping that they will realize that just because the smaller levels of this faith run charity organizations, that this does not mean that its original intentions were good. I am hoping that they will start to see the big picture and how at the top these lies that are being told will in the long run purposely result in the death of billions.

Yes if you look in common texts such as the Wikipedia or encyclopedia Britannica, basic common facts books.
You will find this out as well.It is common public knowledge.
Lucifer is the planet Venus, in its dawn appearance, the Morning Star.
In those old times they used things that were special to them like planets.
To refer to peoples lives and personality's.
Thus Lucifer, the light bringer, the "Morning Star" in its dawn appearance was what they used to refer to a certain Tyrannous king at the time, who the prophet thought was destined to fall.

Satan, Satan'el, Shaitan, refers to the persecutor, someone who persecutes the Jews.
It can be anyone.Obviously Hitler, would have been this.
And the number of the beast, which was actually 616, not 666.
Is just a Jewish Hebrew code to refer to a Roman emperor at the time who persecuted the Jews.
They used the code so he wouldn't know who they were writing about.
In reality Christianity is completely made up, and Judaism is so old they almost spoke in riddles.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here is a link that points out a few things about Lucifer, things asked of a scholar at the library of the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati. www.lds-mormon.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seek4 truth

I dwell on these same curiosities.

Found the article very interesting.

Thanks,
LV

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! [O Lucifer: or, O day star]

That is all I have to say about it, it is the only place in the Bible that the name is used, otherwise he is called Dragon, Satan, Beast, Angel of Light, Most Beautiful, Cherubim that covers the Mercy seat, Scorpion, Liar, and Babylon...

Edited for this... Oh yeah and the Serpent too.

[edit on 12/3/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hey! How about that! The bible even says that! Amazing.

While I too have problems with the church and it's decided upon methods of teaching, I also have problems with those who won't accept what it right in front of them... example of the Babylonian king being a morning star.

And, then there are those who take 2 + 2 and come up with 5.

What is the morning star? Yes, it is the planet Venus, which in esoteric teachings is the planet of love.

So, what is a person who is a morning star? One who exemplifies shalom... completion and has the traits of perfect love.

What did the Babylonian king do that made him cast out? His will was no longer that of perfect love.

and Judaism is so old they almost spoke in riddles

No doubt about it, yet some is quite clear. Such as: It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. (Proverbs 25:2)

If that isn't clear enough, it just means don't stop with the first thing that comes to mind while searching out a matter. By doing so, could come up with a total of 3 or 5 for the 2 plus 2 equation.

Anyway, just so you know, I do agree that Satan is not Lucifer. And even though you didn't mention it, I don't think Satan is the devil, nor do I think Lucifer is the devil either.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! [O Lucifer: or, O day star]

That is all I have to say about it, it is the only place in the Bible that the name is used, otherwise he is called Dragon, Satan, Beast, Angel of Light, Most Beautiful, Cherubim that covers the Mercy seat, Scorpion, Liar, and Babylon...

doesnt strike you as odd that lucifer is a latin word found in a book that was written centuries before latin was around?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

[edit on 12/3/2008 by theindependentjournal]
I think if you really start to do your homework, you will find that most of the names you mention are names of different things/people. I think it is a little more complicated than you wish it was.

That brings me to another point, the people in charge of these religions KnoW damn well what all of it means. You should ask yourself why they leave people confused aND NEVER EXPLAIN.

I will tell you why, if they gave people the truth there would be no confusion and no hoping for answers. There would be no reason to give them your money and they would not be able to use it to kill our families when they see fit.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have been trying to point out this whole lucifer confusion for years now, and it's just nigh on impossible to get people to "see" it. They're just too trained to get rid of it, even in light of perfect evidence.

For instance... The whole confusion stems because of ONE translation, the latin vulgate version of the bible, written by Jerome around the year 400 AD.

He was commissioned by the Pope to do a translation of the bible into Latin. At the time there were many churches using different translations, and some people were getting confused by it all. There's more to it than that, of course, but that's one of the reasons.

So Jerome did his translation, which became known as the Latin Vulgate version of the bible, and it became the "official" bible of the catholic church.

And there's the issue's beginning. In the Isaiah passage, where we see the proper name Lucifer, it was, perhaps by accident, perhaps not, a mistranslation of the words. The phrasing became a proper name, instead of just words (o morning star, etc).

Perhaps it was unintended, perhaps it was intended... who knows for sure? It's interesting to note the other places in the new testament where those same words are being used to refer to Christ, the original phrasing is kept, and is not given the "proper name status" of Lucifer. That is one reason it may have been intentional.

For instance:

2 Peter 1:19
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts

Here in the context of the verse its referring to Christ, and yet the exact same words could be, and were in isaiah, translated "lucifer", and given proper name status.

Going on... The word Lucifer as a name appears in only the latin vulgate, and the old king james versions of the bible. The king james version was translated from the latin vulgate, and it's obvious that they left it in... likely because at that point the name "Lucifer" had grown to its mythological status as a demonic being, syonymous with Satan. ALL OTHER versions of the bible do NOT CONTAIN the word Lucifer, and are translated correctly, INCLUDING the NEW King James Version.

That should be VERY interesting to note to people, but again, as i said at the beginning, when you speak to people about these evidences, they will just gloss over them and give their reasons for still holding on to this legend.

I am not saying satan does or does not exist, nor the devil, or anything else. I am arguing the fact that LUCIFER is NOT one of the names for him, and it's become totally ingrained into people that it is, and they are being decieved all along.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Originally posted by Jomina
I have been trying to point out this whole lucifer confusion for years now, and it's just nigh on impossible to get people to "see" it. They're just too trained to get rid of it, even in light of perfect evidence.

That has been my experience as well.

and they are being decieved all along.

Even with all the evidence, I have to conclude that these individuals rather than being deceived actually want to be deceived. Either that or too fearful to have anything they have been taught challenged. If that one thing is wrong, oh oh, the rest is called into question too. It's a house of cards ready to fall.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Star to you for rendering this thread dead.

Goes to show if you really want to research the Bible you have to do it in the original language it was written.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They're all gold-eating, slave-driving aliens who've been our wards and lords for thousands and thousands of years. Look toward the trio of stars.

The Serpent sells some really good oil, though.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Here's a good article about the fact that Lucifer was not a fallen angel :

What The Word Lucifer Really Means and Who it Refers to

Lucifer was NOT the Devil
Lucifer was NOT the right hand man of "god" who rebelled and lead the fallen angels
Lucifer was NOT the serpent in the garden of eden

Similarly, the true spirit of Luciferianism, as a "Religion" or "philosophy" has nothing to do with Devil worship, Satanism or Evil . In fact is very closely resembles gnositicism and reflects the teachings of the Jesus we read about in the Apocrypha. The masses confuse it with devil worship because the masses mistakenly see Lucifer as the serpent/devil/satan.
Even some practitioners of this Luciferianism seem to be confused about the identity of Lucifer, such as some Thoeosophists. Blavatsky associated Lucifer with the serpent in Eden for example - she was wrong !!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The Nine Satanic Statements

from The Satanic Bible, ©1969

by Anton Szandor LaVey

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years! This is a LUCID kind of statement I think, without joining any group, and at the risk of being condemed for being my one and only god-dess I see light in this attitude.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Lucifer was like a manager of departments.
Satan was like a regonal manager under Lucifer.
Calagastia (the devil) was like the local manager.

You people were sent all the details. You blind yourself in not believing.

The Lucifer Rebellion

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join