It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

2012....?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
OK. I've been visiting this site for over 5 years, and mostly while I'm at work
to help time fly by. However, I've also always had an interest in UFO's, Prophecies, and the Paranormal,
but have been more interested in UFO's. Well today I read an article posted on msnbc.com
about an "odd" comet. This comet is called Machholz 1, was discovered in 1986 by Donald
Machholz of Loma Prieta, Calif. Since then, the icy denizen has made a few appearances,
including one in 2007. What I found really strange about this is article and about this comet
is that scientist and astronomers address this comet as "odd" and really have no clue why
it's chemical/mineral compound is completely different than comets that we all know so well.
Particularly, the comet contains much less of a carbon-nitrogen molecule called cyanogen, by
a factor of about 72, compared with the average found in other comets. The comet also
contained much less of two molecules called C2 and C3 (which have two and three atoms of
carbon in their structures, respectively) than the average comet.

There were 3 explanation that would describe the possible origin of this comet, but one really
stood out to me. Here what David Schleicher(a planetary astronomer at Lowell Observatory in Arizona) had
to say .... "One possible explanation is that Machholz 1 did not originate in the solar system, but
instead escaped from another star's gravity."

NOW to why I'm posted this. Within the last 8-10 years I read several articles about about "Planet Nibiru 2012 Doomsday Comet" which
is supposed to Collide With Earth. There are several prophecies about this even from ancient and current times. I've even found
several stories on ATS about similar events. What really caught my attention is that the astromer David Schliecher said
they next time we see this comet will be in 2012. The also posted a picture of this comet that was taken by the
ESA-NASA sunwatching spacecraft SOHO in 2002. msnbcmedia2.msn.com...

This comet appears to almost have wings and is very bright and massive. It looks identical to several drawings from the ancient Mayans, and
Egyptians that I've seen years ago in several articles. I even read that the Vatican is aware about this as well, but is not alarming the public for whatever reasons. I know I'm jumping from subject
to subject- that's because I'm kind of frightened yet intrigued by the events that are happening before us. I can go on and on about this,
but I'm sure there are several threads on ATS about it as well as Google discussion groups and Youtube videos. In my opinion this is just more proof letting
me know SOMETHING than man has never seen before will happen during "our time." Please give me your input on this.

Regards,
CT

[edit on 3-12-2008 by crunchtyme]



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is nonsense. This comet is not going to strike Earh, if it even had a chance of NASA would have added it to their NEO list at a high danger rating and alrted the public. Don't even try suggesting that NASA would cover it up for fear of public reactio because on multiple occasions now NASA has released stories saying a object was incoming, of course usually followed by a story a week later showing new calculations showed a narrow miss...

I still remember one headline "Doomsday Asteroid to Strike Earth in 2030"

so no.
2012 is just a myth from someones mis interpretation and gross exaggeration of the Mayan calendar and now 2012 is getting lobbed in with everything and its ridiculous

2012 has been pegged for niburu, UFO disclosure, poll shift, alien arrival, alien invasion, spirutual consciousness gobble-dee guck, and much more.

Nothing like people are portending will happen when 2012. When 2012 comes and goes and nothing happens, I hope that the 2012 proponents are subject to immense ridicule as a result, I know I will be making youtube videos rubbing it in once this happens.



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC
 


I'll help you make that video NavalFC! It's exactly the same personality types that believe in 2012 Prophecies that believed in Blossom Goodchild's GFL Predictions. I'm stumped as to why people believe this tripe so readily. It doesn't seem to matter how many times these things are proved wrong.

2012 is just another opportunity for parasitical authors to make money of the gullible - nothing more, nothing less.

In any case, how are meteors applicable to Aliens/UFO's? Perhaps this should have been posted in another section?

IRM



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
What bizzarre times huh? No matter where you are on ths planet it seems, these are times of historic change.
Perhaps 12-21-2012 when we'll appearently see planets fall into an alignment not seen for 30,000 years we'll experience a super sized lunar effect on the planet. Not only altering our oceans and bodies of salt water but our human bodies and minds as well. Perhaps the brilliant will become simple and the simple brilliant. Perhaps we'd see governments throwing away the futures of their countries, driving all sciences to a grinding hault now that they're in their utmost point of productivity. See side by side nuclear weaponed bearing countries threaton one another. etc. etc. Maybe storms will be electrified, the crust of the earth will bulge and contract. Poles change position. Continents break and have parts sink in the ocean while others bulge out of the water make new living space. Perhaps the earth will lose its rotation? Causing the equator to blow out causing the planet to collapse and become pancake-like.
Could be a wild ride. Good luck.
Hope for the best, plan for the worse.



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Think of all the amature Astronomers looking at space, you think they would see it, if it where true. When they talk about planet Nibiru and the size of it, these Astronomers would spot it. Even if it's coming in from the south Antartic, people still watch space from there.

As for 2012, well who knows whats going to happen. You can say nothing will happen and sit there and say something will happen but at the end of the day who knows whats going to happen in 2012. Do people know what going to happen tommorow? or the next day? beside 2012?

Anyway thats what i think!



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't believe 2012 is any more special than any other year.
Except the Mayans had killed each other by then and stopped writing there calendar.
But I do believe NASA would and has many times lied through there teeth.
And if there was an extinction level event sized asteroid heading to earth they would lie about it and cover it up.
Because in reality telling people about it would be pointless anyway.
Because something that big there is nothing we could do.
Every nuclear weapon, explosive, missile, gun, laser we have would not do anything as that asteroid has already survived 1000000 times worse just to get here.



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87
 


if Niburu was a rea astronomical body, which it isnt, but if it was, it would be the brightest object in the sky given where the niburu proponents say it is.
As far as 2012, the prophecy idea is bunk. Bad things happen all the time, but there is no prophecy which for sees them.



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOrangeJuice
And if there was an extinction level event sized asteroid heading to earth they would lie about it and cover it up.


Yeah but they couldn't, unless you blocked all of sky out! What about the thousands astronomers looking at space all the time? They would say something.



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC
 


Tell that to the Mayans.

It amazes me that so many these days think they know more than what the ancients knew and they were here LONG LONG before any of us were around.

And the ancinets knew a heck of alot more than most would give credit for.

They managed to survive far worse things that what a majroity here would be able to even possibly think of.

Yet again, we got some who think they know everything of everything and anything of anything. Care to throw in some documentation that will stand up to ancient documentation???

Here I will put it in simpler terms....

Can any of the ancient prophecies be disproved?


Were waiting.



Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by RFBurns]



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns
 


Can you tell me how Nibiru, ancient Mesopotamia and Olmec's (Mayans) are even related? For one the Olmec's never spoke once about 2012 being related to a comet or the coming of an extra solar body. That, my friend, is complete mumbo jumbo!

Have you read the impossible physics behind a stable 3,600 year orbit? I'm gathering you haven't! Do your homework before poo-poo'ing the hard science of today.

The reason no ancient prophecy can be disproved is because they never actually happened, making them more or less unfalsifiable... thin air! When it fails to manifest in our generation, the people of the next will naturally assume it's going to happen in theirs... and this is what perpetuates prophecy over millenia. This is the mechanics of fatalism and doom saying.

As sure as I'm sitting at my computer now, many will be swallowing their words with a blushed face in 2012. I would put real money on it.

IRM



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by crunchtyme
This comet is called Machholz 1, was discovered in 1986 by Donald
Machholz of Loma Prieta, Calif...the comet contains much less of a carbon-nitrogen molecule called cyanogen, by a factor of about 72, compared with the average found in other comets.


Machholz 1 has an orbit that takes it closer to the Sun than Mercury, so it is possible that the close orbit burns off the cyanogen; it is also possible that Machholz 1 was born in an very cold region of the solar system, where it is harder for cyanogen to form.


Originally posted by crunchtyme
There are several prophecies about this even from ancient and current times. I've even found several stories on ATS about similar events.


Could you please tell us what these ancient prophecies are? Could you please cite actual prophecies from actual ancient civilizations, not something born of the ignorant fantasies of a New Ager?


Originally posted by crunchtyme
What really caught my attention is that the astromer David Schliecher said
they next time we see this comet will be in 2012.


There are a lot of comets that will make appearances in 2012.


Originally posted by crunchtyme
The also posted a picture of this comet that was taken by the
ESA-NASA sunwatching spacecraft SOHO in 2002. msnbcmedia2.msn.com...

This comet appears to almost have wings and is very bright and massive.


Funny how many other comets look the same way when approaching the Sun.


Originally posted by crunchtyme
It looks identical to several drawings from the ancient Mayans, and
Egyptians that I've seen years ago in several articles.


Could you please cite this? Show us these drawings?


Originally posted by crunchtyme
because I'm kind of frightened yet intrigued by the events that are happening before us...


I'm frightened and dismayed that these speculative threads that have little to do with aliens and UFO keep appearing in this forum.



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Tell that to the Mayans.


Tell what to the Mayans?

The Mayans no more believed that 2012 would be the end of the world then we think New Year's Eve will be the end of the world when our calender runs out. The Mayans had no prophecies that 2012 meant the end of the world; they produced calenders that went beyond 2012.


Originally posted by RFBurns
Care to throw in some documentation that will stand up to ancient documentation???


Would you care to throw in some documentation this is what the Mayans or anyone else believed, outside of fanciful new age pap?


Originally posted by RFBurns
Can any of the ancient prophecies be disproved?

Were waiting.


And we are still waiting for them to be proven, or for some documentation to be shown this is what they actually believed.



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What you just said is nonsense. They only make it appear so, they know in advance the asteroid won't hit, but play 'dumb' to make it seem like they would tell. Of course the hell they wouldn't. People are willing to kill each other over a walmart sale, how much more over certain destruction?
What naivety..



Originally posted by NavalFC
This is nonsense. This comet is not going to strike Earh, if it even had a chance of NASA would have added it to their NEO list at a high danger rating and alrted the public. Don't even try suggesting that NASA would cover it up for fear of public reactio because on multiple occasions now NASA has released stories saying a object was incoming, of course usually followed by a story a week later showing new calculations showed a narrow miss...

I still remember one headline "Doomsday Asteroid to Strike Earth in 2030"

so no.
2012 is just a myth from someones mis interpretation and gross exaggeration of the Mayan calendar and now 2012 is getting lobbed in with everything and its ridiculous

2012 has been pegged for niburu, UFO disclosure, poll shift, alien arrival, alien invasion, spirutual consciousness gobble-dee guck, and much more.

Nothing like people are portending will happen when 2012. When 2012 comes and goes and nothing happens, I hope that the 2012 proponents are subject to immense ridicule as a result, I know I will be making youtube videos rubbing it in once this happens.


[edit on 3-12-2008 by atsbeliever]



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
What you just said is nonsense. They only make it appear so, they know in advance the asteroid won't hit, but play 'dumb' to make it seem like they would tell. Of course the hell they wouldn't. People are willing to kill each other over a walmart sale, how much more over certain destruction?
What naivety..



Originally posted by NavalFC
This is nonsense. This comet is not going to strike Earh, if it even had a chance of NASA would have added it to their NEO list at a high danger rating and alrted the public. Don't even try suggesting that NASA would cover it up for fear of public reactio because on multiple occasions now NASA has released stories saying a object was incoming, of course usually followed by a story a week later showing new calculations showed a narrow miss...

I still remember one headline "Doomsday Asteroid to Strike Earth in 2030"

so no.
2012 is just a myth from someones mis interpretation and gross exaggeration of the Mayan calendar and now 2012 is getting lobbed in with everything and its ridiculous

2012 has been pegged for niburu, UFO disclosure, poll shift, alien arrival, alien invasion, spirutual consciousness gobble-dee guck, and much more.

Nothing like people are portending will happen when 2012. When 2012 comes and goes and nothing happens, I hope that the 2012 proponents are subject to immense ridicule as a result, I know I will be making youtube videos rubbing it in once this happens.


play dumb? and just what proof do you have for any ofthe nonsense you jus posted? NASA has alerted the world many times now and even has a NEO website where you can read a list of potenetial Earth strikers and the chances that they will hit.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by atsbeliever]



posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
What you just said is nonsense. They only make it appear so, they know in advance the asteroid won't hit, but play 'dumb' to make it seem like they would tell. Of course the hell they wouldn't. People are willing to kill each other over a walmart sale, how much more over certain destruction?
What naivety..


LOL - Pardon me if I laugh out loud! That's the most paranoid statement I've read today! ... and in regards to Walmart... how do hundreds of stampeding bargain hunters relate to NASA's honesty? You're creating dots where there are none. I suggest you get your eye's checked - and your logical reasoning too!

Talk about nonsensical naivety!

IRM


[edit on 3/12/08 by InfaRedMan]



posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What a bunch of whooey. Mr Machholz doesn't live in "Loma Prieta, Ca" for starters. There is no such city and he is at least 3-4 hrs north of where Mapquest would indicate Loma Prieta to be. No doubt a "special" city made up to improve the supposed mystery surrounding all this.

Yes the composition of it is radically different from other comets. Maybe you can even suggest Mr Machholz even to be an alien?! Why else could a private citizen discover such a comet from his backyard when all the computers of NASA and Observatories are looking 24/7?

People who promote doomsday thinking are unhappy living for today. Pretty sad.



posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Think of all the amature Astronomers looking at space, you think they would see it, if it where true. When they talk about planet Nibiru and the size of it, these Astronomers would spot it. Even if it's coming in from the south Antartic, people still watch space from there.


Just to play devil's advocate for a moment....the number of people actively searching for killer comets and asteroids could basically staff a small McDonalds.... To believe that we have eyes blanketing the sky and would see an ELE causing impact coming even weeks in advance is naive'. We'd be lucky to spot it...frankly...

However, I'm sure the only thing that will happen after 2012 is 2013....so I'm not too worried...



posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm with Gazrok on this one...

The sky is big.
Can we monitor all of it, all of the time?
Hardly.

The comets/asteroids that we know of, we know of them because of luck, mostly.



posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
wrong forum. Nothing to do with UFOs why can't you people just post to the correct place its not that hard, unless your trolling of course.




top topics



 
0

log in

join