It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think Tanks Say Obama Should Shift Focus From Iraq to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON -- President-elect Barack Obama should shift the main U.S. foreign policy focus in the Middle East from Iraq to curtailing Iran's nuclear program and promoting peace agreements between Israel and its Arab neighbors, analysts at two prominent Washington think tanks proposed Tuesday.

Prepared by 15 experts at the Brookings Institution and the Council on Foreign Relations, the report recommends restoring balance to U.S. strategy and making more use of diplomacy in the Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wow I mean.....just......wow. So we move from one country that had nothing to do with 9/11 on to another country that had nothing to do with 9/11. Now the irony is at the end of the article they say On Al Qaeda, "the report calls for pressure for political reform in the area and not only focusing on the terrorist network. Weak and failing states are the breeding grounds for terrorist activity, the report concluded."

Wait a minute so no emphasis on the people who attacked us just the people who did not. I mean why arent we bombing Saudi Arabia I mean isnt that where the terrorists were from? What about Pakistan and their harboring terrorists & their connection to 9/11? Oh wait we dont bomb them we give them billions and then attack the only two countries that had NO ties to 9/11. You know the government wonders why people believe in conspiracy theories this is why.

Now generally I would laugh this off but what concerns me is who is saying it and that is the Council on Foreign Relations. That is what scares me. These criminals should all be found and tried for treason and given a "short drop and a sudden stop" if you know what I mean.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
My letter to the President of the CFR that I emailed this morning....

Dr Haass,

I know you probably will not read my email but I need to get this off my mind so Im going to send it anyways. Im am writing you in regards to your report or "suggestions" to president elect Obama. My main focus is Iranian policy. First off in your report you all but say lets invade Iran and I mean lets face it, it has been in the CFR agenda for nation building since 9/11. To lay the Bush imperialistic ways on regime change souly on Bush is laughable at best. Think tanks like the CFR and the Brookings Institute were openly pushing for these policies right out the door on 9/11.

Now first we have invaded Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and none of the terrorists were from Iraq. Iraq had no way of invading us because of their situation after the first gulf war. What are they going to do invade us with camels? Now you are pushing for an invasion of Iran. Once again Iran has had nothing to do with 9/11 and none of the terrorists were from 9/11 so I start to ask my self why Iran? I mean most of the terrorists came from Saudi Arabia didnt they? Why arent we invading them dont they harbor terrorists? Why do we give billions of dollars to a country that harbors terrorists? With that being said Ill move into Pakistan in which once again we give billions of dollars to every year and they still harbor the people who actually perpetrated 9/11 among other terrorist groups. So I ask the same question again why arent we invading Pakistan? Why are we giving them billions? Why do we seem to be attacking everyone accept the real terrorist appeasers. Not only are we not attacking them we are giving these countries money. Doesnt that make us supporters of terrorism?

Im writing you because Im concerned the track our country has been on. No Im not talking about in the past 8 years. Im talking in the past 50+ years since WW2. 9/11 wasnt a pretext to continue an imperialistic agenda it was used as a continuation. People of America saw peace and they liked it and 9/11 was a great excuse to get people feared up to continue the "agenda" I dont know where you people think we are going to get the money for these wars. I mean last I checked we were close to $100 trillion dollars in debt. Eventually the party is going to end and the people that will pay is the American people. I love my country and I dont want to see it have the same fate as Rome and other imperialistic regimes of the past. I recommend you take a look at history because the path we are going will lead to our demise and people like you will be the direct cause. Not the American people who lie dormant is some sort of sleep or the sheeple effect as I call it who listen to everything that people like you and our sold our government spouts. Id be curious to hear your views on my views. Ill probably never get a response but Id love to hear your views.

Regards

[edit on 3-12-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
oh good, another "think tank" promoting war, i wonder how many of these upstanding members have business or investments in the war industry.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid
oh good, another "think tank" promoting war, i wonder how many of these upstanding members have business or investments in the war industry.

Well the thing is its not just "another" think tank. Its the same think tank that said this after 9/11

Scary stuff huh?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Washington speaks

You know as many people are saying. It's like they are rambling scripts from a really really bad disney movie.

Look at the elites, looking for our reaction!. It's priceless. What's after Iran? Dubai? Who's the bad guy next?

I mean it's fine and well, let them babble their wands. Let the power's of be in Washington fight these wars. If the puppet master, are gonna get Obama to anounce this poo, heck why dont' they get Obama to fight these "bad guys"

Seriously It's getting really pathetic. The world is looking waking up.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It seems that the war profiteers are facing a depletion on funds and their milking cow is going to get dry, if the new Obama administration decided to pull out of Iraq and start cutting on defense budge.

So now they have to create a new target to keep the milk flowing.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Who funds these think-tanks?

Follow the money!

SourceWatch has the answer

So it is in the interest of Israel (hidden of course) that these reports are being published. Go figure.

Haim Saban is an Israeli-American media-mogul, one of the biggest contributors to the campaigns of pro-Israel politicans in the U.S. and has been described by a New York Times reporter as a "tireless cheerleader for Israel." He has also founded various centers and institutions to produce policy research favorable to Israel. He is a financial donor and founder of the Saban Institute for the Study of the American Political System at the University of Tel Aviv. He is a member of the Board of Trustees at the Brookings Institution. In 2002 he pledged $13 million to found the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution."

Source

[edit on 3-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So here we are, right at the same spot we all expected to be. If it were Bush who had attacked Iran there would've been calls of "Treason!" and "War mongering!", there would be protests and possibly violence.

But what are we to expect if it's Obama who continues the war and spreads it to Iran? All those who chanted "Hope!" and "Change!", what will they say? What will you say?

If Obama goes to war with Iran then we have IRREFUTABLE proof of the validity of our "whacko" conspiracy theories. If he goes to war with Iran there will be NO excuse, no way to get out of it, everyone will see that Dem or Rep it's all the same, all the same evil money masters pulling the strings while we all dance like puppets.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
lol.

The Council on Foreign Relations is proposing using propaganda to pave the way for another un-necessary war.

Why am I not surprised.

I find it funny (once I'm done with puking on the sadistic nature of it), how the US replaces words like "Propaganda" with "Think Tanks Council" and "Empire Building" with "Liberation"... They realize their fellow Americans are too dumb to realize it means the same thing. It's the word that the common American hates, not the action... so keep bombing civilians, just make a new name for it, and everyone will be happy again.

So, anyone want a translation? I can read political BS.

Prepared by 15 experts at the Brookings Institution and the Council on Foreign Relations, the report recommends restoring balance to U.S. strategy and making more use of diplomacy in the Middle East.

Becomes...

Prepared by 15 nationalistic new-hires at the Brookings Propaganda Office, the propaganda add recommends turning a blind eye to Iraq, and shifting focus toward Iran, wherein the common American attention span will soon have completely forgotten about the mess we left Iraq in, and will be once again shouting "fight! fight! fight!" like children in a school yard.
Oh, and with Iraq no longer being paid attention to, it should make for some interesting re-enforcements of angry civilians pouring into Iran for us to kill there... and call terrorists.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
So here we are, right at the same spot we all expected to be. If it were Bush who had attacked Iran there would've been calls of "Treason!" and "War mongering!", there would be protests and possibly violence.

But what are we to expect if it's Obama who continues the war and spreads it to Iran? All those who chanted "Hope!" and "Change!", what will they say? What will you say?

If Obama goes to war with Iran then we have IRREFUTABLE proof of the validity of our "whacko" conspiracy theories. If he goes to war with Iran there will be NO excuse, no way to get out of it, everyone will see that Dem or Rep it's all the same, all the same evil money masters pulling the strings while we all dance like puppets.

Well this is pretty much why I KNOW change is not coming. When I saw Obama sucking face over at the big AIPAC summits and also trading love at the CFR meetings I knew change was not coming. Im on the same page as you I feel if we do end up in a war with Iran I think that solidifies what us "whackos" have been saying for years now and that is our government is bought and controlled through these "PACS" and "Thinktanks"

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

This is why I sent them an email this morning. I sent it right to the source Im interested to see if I get a response. I want some questions answered into their insights. I do not see any and I man any logical reason that the United States needs to go to war with Iran. If I get a response Ill let you guys know.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON -- President-elect Barack Obama should shift the main U.S. foreign policy focus in the Middle East from Iraq to curtailing Iran's nuclear program and promoting peace agreements between Israel and its Arab neighbors, analysts at two prominent Washington think tanks proposed Tuesday.

More continuation by powers that be that are not in the front of the cameras or podiums. And if the American public allows this to happen, well dont cry about it 4 or 8 years down the road shouting why did this happen??

We dont need another repeat of the last 8 years.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
These are some of the same neo-con think tanks that promoted the Iraq war... they have about as much crediblity as faux news... actually faux news might have a little more.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by grover]

new topics

top topics

join