It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formal education levels of ATS readers and posters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I dropped out of high school when I was 14, but recently went back to get my GED. Now I'm in nursing school to get my RN, but my dream is to be a journalist or columnist.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
B.S., Computer Engineering
Still trying to pay it off.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Double major Bachelor of Science (English/Biology, minor in art)
Masters' in Medical Computing
Masters' in Anthropology
Currently PhD student, starting dissertation this spring (I have no life.)

The degrees served me well. Most women of my age were stuck in low end jobs that couldn't support their family. I ended up in fairly high end computing jobs that paid well (jobs that I could not have had access to without those degrees.) I'm currently trying to get into a professorship somewhere, because there's no age limit on how old you can be. My husband has some severe health problems and this income will help keep him in better health.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Currently attending School of hard knocks, haven't graduated yet

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I dropped out of high school my junior year ... got my ged and went for two years to community college so I haven't exactly received the best education ha ha but it's funny how many people I meet who are far more educated than me yet are still so ignorant.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Well, first off I must agree with your statement about intelligence and education. They are two completely different items as any psychology class would tell you.
(yes, was going that route with my education but decided I was done at $70k).

So, here is my debt laundry list.

High School grad.

AAS in Computer Aided Drafting and Design with tons of time in engineering

BS in Business Management

and an MBA.

I like to think of my self as fairly intelligent. However, like I stated before, education does not make intelligence. If I were to take an IQ test I may score lower because I take my time with things. Time has a big part in establishing the intelligence quotient.

Other than that I usually get all of the answers correct so the education comes into play.

For a site like this I believe that if you simply have a desire to learn and the drive to do due diligence in research then you will be fine on this site. I can't stand the individuals that start to spout off about something solely with opinion to back them up and completely ignore the questions or facts.

Oh yeah, facts do NOT need to be readily available in order for a CT to be true or not. Facts can be hidden or misdirected.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
BA - Political Science (Focused in Constitutional Law and Comparative Politics; Minor English Literature)

MA - Democratic Studies (Focused in Comparative Ideologies)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I, (like some others here) do not think that the formal education level determines one’s ability to think or in any way affects the right to have an opinion, or changes the validity of an experience.

What it does affect is the ability of other people to accept what you say with credibility, especially if it is in one’s field of business or education. And of course one has factual knowledge of some things which helps filter between "fact, possibilities and absolute rubbish"

For the record I have a two fist fulls of O levels, a fist full of A levels, a BSc Hons, an MSc , years of industrial experience, and national and international recognition across various standards organisations. On aspects of science and engineering I am well qualified. What is clear is that the more we think we know, the more one realises that we know very little of our world or universe and there are surprises out there that break all known scientific models and theories.

What is also clear to me, is that certain “powers” rely on manipulation of the bulk of the population with information that is only partly true, or only true in certain situations, and the occasional outright load of rubbish. Our civilisation is frequently mis-led by people giving out “duff data” and manipulation of statistics (e.g. global warming) - Engineers and scientists who speak out in conscience and truth are often rubbished or discredited for being open and honest, and I would encourage people to look at data coming out of “grass routes” engineers and scientists to separate truth from politics and media propaganda

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I was diagnosed having more than one personality

While I had dropped out my senior year, my alter "Gabriel" graduated with honors

Not to mention all of clones out there. I don't how many kids they've spawned using my DNA. I might be wanted all over the world.

Does 5 years on disability count for anything ?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
High School

B.S. Commercial / Therapeutic Recreation (Double Major)
Minor in Business Management

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
UK Secondary School = to high school I would imagine.

English Language A
English Literature A
Maths A
Geography A

Physics & French both C The teachers kinda disliked me and I them.

Common Sense B- I gained this sometime during my thirties.

I now attend University at ATS where there are a plethora of outstanding teachers

Wolfie

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
High school grad and proud under-achiever.

I find the library provides a wonderful education, free of charge.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I wanted to go to college right after I graduated high school, but it wasn't until I was 26 years old that I finally was able to enroll at the university.

I have 3+ years of college credits, and while I theoretically could finish my education and get my degree in psychology, it's just not something I want to do. Tuition costs have gone up so much, and the price of getting an education is quite prohibitive.

The dilemma is that a bachelor's degree in psychology isn't worth much. I make more money working in a restaurant than I would if I graduated and worked in the psych field.

In order for my education to be worth anything (in terms of how much money I can earn), I would need to go to grad school, and I simply cannot afford it. Sure, I could take out students loans, but I learned my lesson about student loans a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My parents sold everything and took off.Since I had no legal guardian to pay taxes,they made me pay cash.I was 15.I quit...I couldn't survive.
I was in trouble with the law til 19 (I was very angry)
I came to this city with 50 bucks and all I could carry on my back.It was about a 300 km hitchhike.

As of now,I sleep when I want and make my own hours and get paid well for what I do.I have been with this company for 11 yrs in May.

My lifes purpose is my music and my musicianship.

Thats my story.
I'm a little embarassed but proud nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Only finished 2 years of elementary plus secondary years (long story)
High school drop out (short story)
GED (high score for school-yeah!)
2 AA's -credits done; not applyied for. (not such a long story-lazy and stupid) GPA 3
A certificate related to the AA's
Hard Knocks school of concussion level 8-no degree.

Um...yeah, that's all.

so..I have....A GED and a Certificate and a 36,000 bill, woohoo.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
history major, religion "specialty", dont know whats your equivalent in the US (minor?)...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'll play along...

LLB
BA
MA

Not gonna put the subjects - although one is obvious...

To me though, it doesn't matter. I'm still dumb, still think the aliens are gonna get me and still forget what I'm doing on a regular basis...

So, in closing, no - I don't think Chemtrails are real...

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
I work in the defense industry designing advanced weapons.
158 IQ

In my opinion, some of the people on ATS are complete morons. There seems to be no correlation with education level though.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Dropped out of school at 15, no qualifications or exams.

Did 3 years with the OU at 33 years of age and got Diploma in computing!

My life in a nutshell!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
reply to post by N. Tesla

1. kindergarten diploma

What the...

Wait, if I didn't get one of those do I have to go back...?

I really hate that guy that said "All I ever really needed to learn, I learned in kindergarten"

I didn't go. What does that mean? I don't like to share and I don't really play well with others either.

Anyway, I only graduated High School, sorry no other lower level diplomas for me, but my kids have them.

Spent three years in the USAF learning a skill that was absolutely useless in MY real world.

I have gained the rest of my knowledge through experience and research. Worked for me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join