It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India will not go to war with Pakistan for a few hundred dead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Here a some reasons why...

1. India has been attacked many times in the last few years, no response so why start now?

2. Its not worth going to war that could kill millions of Indians and destruction of the country just for barely 200 lives lost and many more wounded.

3. Violence begets violence, India should accept the attacks and move on. Any attempt to retaliate would encourage more Islamic fighters to attack India again, and the Pakistani people which may not have sympathy for the Islamic freedom fighters will support them if they are at the edge of destruction by the hands of India.

4. A terrorist attack will not destroy the country, India is not at risk.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
www.defensenews.com...

NEW DELHI - India is not considering taking military action against Pakistan over the attacks in Mumbai, Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee said Dec. 2.

"Nobody is talking about military action," Mukherjee told reporters.

His comments followed a meeting earlier of India's security cabinet, the top decision-making body on military and diplomatic affairs, which met in the aftermath of last week's Mumbai attacks that claimed 188 lives.

"What will be done, time will show and you will come to know," Mukherjee said.

See see, as I said before India will not go to war over this issue. Its not worth it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well that is the first smart and mature thing I've read on this whole mess.

lets see nuke eachother over a few hundred dead hmmmm.

thats a no brainer now lets get to the bottom of who done it.

Read them their rights and then take em out back and beat the tar out of them.

Beating the tar out of them is going to happen on any thread!

[edit on 2-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I am not to sure what this terror act in India will mean in the future only time will tell. But Obama's personal advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski has written some really scary stuff in his book "The Grand Chessboard" concerning Pakistan,Russia and China.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Now listen to what Obama has to say about Zbigniew Brzezinski. It seams like they might be working together.
www.youtube.com...

Now what Zbigniew Brzezinski say here fits quite well in with what his book states that they need to make peace with Iran. So that they can play Iran against Syria. He dosent really say that but if you read between the lines it might make some sense.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
India has to take a firm hand or it will happen again and again and again.
But first, they have to train their security people to actually fire upon
the bad guys. Reports are coming in that the security folks didn't
'take the shots' when they could have.

Originally posted by spy66
Obama's personal advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski

that Brzezinski is one scary dude.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
When I first began hearing reports that U.S. Forces were crossing the Pakistani border with troops and missile strikes, I knew we were trying to provoke them.

When I first heard about the attacks in Mumbai, I figured it was terrorists.

When I first started to hear that the U.S. was helping investigate, I little red flag went up.

When I first started to read about one man being from Pakistan, I immediately thought it was a false flag operation.

Now this entire investigation in centering around Pakistan. My gut tells me this all provocateur actions.

What is the purpose behind it all? Certainly the OP is correct that India will not attack Pakistan on a grand scale over this. More will definitely follow and the U.S. will be in the thick of it.

Didn't Pakistan used to be a U.S. ally? Didn't we help them acquire nuclear technology? Weren't the helping on the "War on Terror?"

Why are we now shifting to support India and demonize Pakistan? What do they have that we desire? Resources? Perhaps they are defying the PTB and these are the consequences.

God, I hope I am wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If in and of it self, it does not start a war, it is not helping.

There is now MUCH more tension between these two nuclear armed neighbors.

Things had actually started to (sort of) calm down between the two countries.

India does not want war.

Pakistan can only hold off India with nuclear weapons (their military is but a small fraction of India's)

Normally, one might say, as usual, US would back Pakistan and Russia and China(?) back India.
However, I think The US wants Pakistan busy with India so they can do as they please in the borderland with Afganistan.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The military industrial complex must be pissed that they wasted all that money and resources staging the India attacks.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The US would back India and China would back Pakistan. China and Pakistan are traditional allies and China sees pakistan as helping them balance out India's regional power. Pakistan is ONLY an ally of the US in the loosest sense due to the war on terror. they are teetering on edge as if they dont cooperate they will go from ally to enemy overnight. US andf Pakistan are NOT traditional allies. US and India have very strong ties. US was among the first to pledge support to India after this latest attack.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I agree with op. There will be no war. However, I think there will be an increase in border security, especially along the Kashmir region. Pakistan will do likewise. This heightened security will further increase tensions between the two countries. One major slip up by either party and its on.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Genocide of the entire Pakistanian population using a Nuclear first-strike is the only (option India has)solution to this problem.
There is a first time for everything, and Pakistan lacks a second strike capability.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Maybe not go to war over this horrendous act, but if one single bullet came across the Kashmiri border there would be all out nuclear war between the two. Yep that sure makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Here a some reasons why...

1. India has been attacked many times in the last few years, no response so why start now?

2. Its not worth going to war that could kill millions of Indians and destruction of the country just for barely 200 lives lost and many more wounded.

3. Violence begets violence, India should accept the attacks and move on. Any attempt to retaliate would encourage more Islamic fighters to attack India again, and the Pakistani people which may not have sympathy for the Islamic freedom fighters will support them if they are at the edge of destruction by the hands of India.

4. A terrorist attack will not destroy the country, India is not at risk.

mkey... deltaboy... how much is enough to go to war? 201?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by peanutbutter

Actually your wrong, one does not fire a Nuke after being nuked, every country has alert systems in place that inform them if ever a Nuke is fired, and even if Pakistans system maybe back dated and will inform them slightly later than say the US system, the Chinese have a system comparabale to that of the US and will be quite happy to inform Pakistan to give them more valuable minutes for Pakistan to launch there entire Nucleur arsenal on India before actually being hit - this situation is known as M.A.D (mutually assured destruction) - Fallout will be everywhere, and this will ensure that countries even on the borders of Pak/India will suffer the effects of this madness - Pakistan will become a distant memory and India will recover in time, but the kind of recovery will take decades - comparable to to one guys having all his body parts blown away and will die of starvation (pakistan) and the other guys having one arm and a leg left and he learns to adapt and live with it....question is was it really worth it ...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

You're wrong. You want to know how I know you're wrong... Same reason you know this was a "false flag" attack.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Finally an OP who uses his head to think.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by peanutbutter

listen peanut# pakistan isnt scared of noone india cant do nothing!

new topics

top topics

join