It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Military use it's money this way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Everywhere I look I see military recruiting products or ads and have to wonder if this is really the right thing to do. Should your tax money pay for advertising in the nespapers and magazines? And further still, should the United States military be a major sponsor on a NASCAR team?

To me the latter is just rediculous! I mean this is the US Army, Marines, Air Force and Navy here. They stil go to all the schools, we all know they exsist. Finding a recruiter isn't that hard.

This is (in my opinion) a misappropriation of funds. What does ATS think...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
have you seem how much money the military gets?
a few ads and a nascar should be the least of your worries regarding military spending.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well first off its not their money its my money I pay taxes and I say no.

the nascar is cool though

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It is my understanding that they are allotted a certain amount of money to recruit and encourage enlistment. I don't think the 'ethics' of marketing has ever been raised in a legal forum before.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I wonder... If you buy a NASCAR National Guard shirt... Does the NAtional Guard get anything from it... Hmmmmm...

You are correct... The military has a number of problems... But this obvious one is the only one with a solid enough base to discuss about. I'd love to talk about the manipulation of Black Ops... But by their own nature... they are unknown.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
in their eyes no

clean cut answer simply no, what they are doing is not wrong, or a waste of money

they must advertise and promote

its not about them letting people know they are there anymore

its about the image

the need to project a "cool" image

they need to project the image that the military is the thing to do

right now recruits are very low, they arent getting nearly as many as they want or need, they havent been for a while now

the only way to gear up recruiting is by helping your public image, thats why you see them sponsoring nascar and everything else, im honestly surprised there arent more sponsorships from the military everywhere

they have to make it look like the cool thing to do in order to keep on keeping on

and honestly with the little amount of money they spend in this area, its basically pocket change compared to all the other things that moneys being wasted on

coughiraqwaretccough

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's just the military getting their name out there for people to notice.

It's no big deal.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The military is a business just like any other , with 2 wars going on they have to find other measures to recruit prospects. If you remember the "army of one" commercials they NEVER showed a soldier with a weapon , they made it seem like a normal 9-5. They changed strategy recently with the new "army strong" campaign. The Marine Corps still simply uses a Marine NCO in his dress blues and NCO sword... It works... Thats how I got recruited.

new topics

top topics

join