It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid: We won't smell the tourists anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Reid: We won't smell the tourists anymore

"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."

www.dcexaminer.com...

Seriously though, who continues to vote for these people?

Is it all an illusion, am I trapped in the twilight zone?

Pelosi, Reid, and Biden, Kennedy< ECK> Kerry, to name a few, surely we can do better, I think there should be term limits,

There is no way these people have anything in common with us peasants.

I believe after years they lose touch with reality.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
OMG! This is funny. It's not ... but at the same time it is.

Frankly I don't think the tourists smell worse then the stink'n politicians do!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ha ha, so the tourists don't sit in air conditioned offices all day doing f# all, nice one.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So, he's saying that the dead abhor the stench of the living as much as they reek to us?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
BLANKLEY: Brace for the change you do not believe in
Here is another,
www.washingtontimes.com...

Those impassioned by the anti-war slogan no blood for oil are getting nervous. According to Politico, Jodie Evans, a Code Pink co-founder who with her husband helped raise a lot of money for Mr. Obama during the primary and general election, recalled her interaction with Mr. Obama: "It has gotten to the point where he sees me coming and before I am close he just keeps repeating, 'Jodie, I PROMISE, I will end the war, I promise I will end the war.' "

It is a pity the conversation about what Mr. Obama might actually do as president didn't begin in the media until after the election. But, not to worry. As Emma Goldman, the 1900s anarchist Marxist is reputed to have said: "In America, elections are the opium of the people." Well, we have had our fix, no matter how uninformed we were during the injection.there is something presumptive about a president elect who is very satisfied to keep the public guessing about what he stands for and what he plans to do.

On the foreign policy front likewise, solid appointments may not lead to solid policies. Remember during the campaign, when Mr. Obama was on his way to Iraq, he was quite dismissive of the role of the top generals. Once again, he used the phrase "His job, as president" was to make the policy, and their job was merely to carry out his orders. That was a very unrealistic view of the relationship between civilian and military leadership - even by the example of such towering civilian leaders as FDR, Churchill or Lincoln.

when Mr. Obama was on his way to Iraq, he was quite dismissive of the role of the top generals. Once again, he used the phrase "His job, as president" was to make the policy, and their job was merely to carry out his orders.

He repeated this same statement the other day, during his news conference while Hillary nodded, with a glassy eyed look on her face.

www.youtube.com...://michellemalkin.com/2008/12/01/obama-admits-i-was-just-a-random-campaign-quote-generator/

This is fun for the press and you are having fun?

Really?

Maybe it was an honest observation by this reporter, this is Obama's way make you look silly and stupid.

I have a feeling Obama won't like the press to ask tough questions.

I remember when he had to be restrained here in Springfield

Soon, the two men were shouting at each other on the senate floor. They took their disagreement into a nearby room, and a witness said that Obama had to be physically restrained.

hotair.com...

The fact still remains, who is Obama?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
OMG! This is funny. It's not ... but at the same time it is.

Frankly I don't think the tourists smell worse then the stink'n politicians do!

Really funny in light of the fact out fearless leader's initials are BO, I know lol old joke, lol

[edit on 113131p://bTuesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
How is this current events and not political potshotting. Reid and everyone else on Capitol Hill work in the Washington D.C Capitol which is built on a former mosquito infested swamp. Having grown up outside of DC I can verify that people sweat and thus get a bit stinky in the summer. Reids statement sounds more like a cold observation of seasonal variations in his workplace rather than looking down his nose at the "peasants".
Now the thread has moved on to Obama and speculation about what he is going to do once in office. Not a current event.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I wasn't sure where to post it,

Do they have a political pot shot thread?

Regardless, Reid said it not me.

top topics

join