It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The solution to the global economic disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
One word

HEMP

Hemp is one of the most useful plants on Earth.

For thousands of years, humans have used parts of the hemp plant for food, textiles, paper, fabric, and fuel oil. Today, modern processing technologies have made it possible to create alternatives to gasoline, plastic, and other petroleum products that can help the human race lessen its reliance on polluting and expensive fossil fuels.

The hemp plant is a renewable resource that can be produced domestically. It grows quickly, naturally resists plant diseases, requires little weeding, thrives in most climates, and enriches the soil it grows in.

Source

Here are some of its most important applications:

• Food and Nutrition
  • Body Care
  • Paper
  • Fabric, Textiles, and Rope
  • Fuel
  • Plastic Alternatives
  • Building Materials
  • and more

An acre of hemp will produce from four to ten times as much paper pulp as will an acre of trees, over the period of time it takes pulp trees to grow to maturity, and hemp can be used to make paper more durable and environmentally friendly than wood. Changing to hemp-based paper could reduce deforestation by half. Hemp paper lasts hundreds of years longer than paper made from trees and doesn't require toxic bleaching chemicals.

Source

Overnight we could change the world for the better if industrial hemp was adopted globally.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This will be removed in short time. And not very new news, I think our founders used hemp for most everything. but then in the early 1900's white people became scared that white women would sleep with a black man if she got high and it has been gone ever since. Thank god for folks like Dupont and Getty they saved us from ourselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Seems pretty logical.

I knew they made purses and such out of hemp, but i had no idea how many products could be made from hemp.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You make the best rope out of the fibers. And you can eat the seeds, they are very nutricious or for fishing as bate.
You can also grind the seeds to make flour and it's naturally gluten-free which can be usefull when your allergic.
Or extract oil from the seeds which contain 20% alpha-linolenic acid and 60% Conjugated Lionelic Acid and are very healthy......

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Amazing. A couple of months back some friends and I were supposed to go camping but COLORADO made it tricky, so we sat in an apartment in WESTMINSTER and drank and played cards and smoked. We laughed, and laughed...putting fourth our policy position on HEMP and how to run the country.

I read 1 acre of industrial hemp replaces 4 acres of forest. What an incredible plant. Unfortunately, the THC is what scares TPTB. It causes you to not go camping and speak wildly about how HEMP should be a breakfast cereal....

[edit on 2-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've commented on the use of hemp/marijuana in a couple of now defunct threads...didn't get too much notice.

Thank you for posting this one. I feel that if people would open their eyes and if the proposition were put to ballot, it would win the legalization vote. It could get us, as a nation, monetarily out of deep yogurt, and create many new jobs, as well as healthier alternatives.

Thing is, are the sheeple ready to see what those of us that know have long realized???

~Holly

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Please correct me here if I get this wrong, but I'm sure that industrial hemp has almost negligable levels of THC in it, and it useless for any kiind of smoking...am I right? I know I researched this a while back, and was gobsmacked that it was banned in some areas simply because of it's very weak connections with cannabis.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Being from Holland and we grow this stuff in our backyard legally i can tell you that the male plants do not blossom and those are the buds that you dry and smoke. Both male and female have few amounts of THC on the leafs and stams but these won't get you high.......

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
ohh and don't putt male and female plants together or they'll .....oh well you know..... (that thing that plants do when put together)

Well acually if you want seeds for the next year you'll have to put both male and female together. If you've got other plans...keep 'm seperated!!

And with every generation of outdoor growth the seeds (and thus the plants) will get stronger.

new topics

top topics

join