It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Birth Certificate Rears Its Head - Again

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Because we are governed by the Constitution. And that is how the Constitution reads. We don't change it for him or anyone else.
It is a document that is what is suppose to keep us honest and fair.
But at this point, Mr. Obama has "walked away" from what could have been a "none issue" had he just produce the documents.
He, himself is completely responsible for this.
For a man that claims he wants to bring the people together he is starting by separating them on an issue regarding him and who he really is.
If he wants to hold the highest job - running our nation, then he must be an example.
Playing dodge ball is not how you start your first day on the job.
His "people" are asking him a question and he only wants to answer the easy ones.
This makes him look like he is hiding something.
This is how trust is destroyed, and that my friend breeds like feral cats.
We just want to know.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

The first line is an ironic confimation of what I have been telling you:

"Despite the lack of media coverage and the derision of President-elect Barack Obama's supporters, a newspaper ad signaled that the controversy surrounding Mr. Obama's citizenship is not going away."

www.thebulletin.us...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkabit

You are on an internet site that is in the business of looking at alternate news that does not come from the MSM. The general idea is that the MSM only reports what the owners of the Media wants you to be aware of.

You are asking me to prove the truth with misleading MSM news sources.

I find you statements ironic. I could have used the harsher term, hypocritical, but I did not feel it would establish a proper tone.

Project much?

I'm still waiting to see some justification for this rumour other than repetitions of the same rumour.

If Obama had been born in Kenya there would be evidence to show the fact, not just MSM stories.

As every other "factoid" underpinning this meme you are helping push to the public has been proven wrong, I thought you might make an effort with this one at least.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Gee you are right. I am propely chastized. blush.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkabit
The first line is an ironic confimation of what I have been telling you:

"Despite the lack of media coverage and the derision of President-elect Barack Obama's supporters, a newspaper ad signaled that the controversy surrounding Mr. Obama's citizenship is not going away."

www.thebulletin.us...

That's a confirmation that the rumour mongers are still at it.

There was even more written about Blossom Goodchild's Federation of Light spaceship, but that bird didn't fly either.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
If Obama had been born in Kenya there would be evidence to show the fact,

Actually, if he were born in America there would be evidence to show the fact, and so far he hasn't shown any evidence to support that.

As previously stated - the Certificate of Live Birth does NOT prove birth in the USA. It only proves birth of a live child to a woman who claims Hawaii was her residence within the year prior to the birth of the child - whereever it may be.

This is ALL on Obama. No on else.
He could have made it go away by just showing a Birth Certificate.
He won't - or can't.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Gee, isn't it simply SHOCKING how the MSM REPEATEDLY is getting the stories it IS reporting on this subject, WRONG???

naturalborncitizen.wordpress.com... lated_content/

"KANSAS CITY STAR - JUST LIKE MSNBC - GETS THE DONOFRIO SCOTUS STORY WRONG, VERY WRONG"

If one were a critical thinker, one might be suspious.....

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This is ALL on Obama. No on else.
He could have made it go away by just showing a Birth Certificate.
He won't - or can't.

While I agree that Obama could perhaps have made this go away already, you have to remember that no one, with any legal authority, has asked him to show or release his Birth Certificate.

Furthermore, he is not required to release his Birth Certificate. At most, a Court will request to see it, and I doubt the Courts would ever release it to the public.

You're assuming that he hasn't shown his BC because he's hiding something. I say that maybe you should wait for a Court to decide that before claiming he's hiding something.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
He HAS shown it. Case closed.

No he hasn't. Case NOT closed.

Hawaii Revised Statute 338-17.8 allows registration of birth in Hawaii for a child that was born outside of Hawaii to parents who, for a year preceding the childs birth, claimed Hawaii as their place of residence. The parents would be issued a Certification of Live Birth. It only proves that the parents claimed Hawaii as their main place of residence for the prior year. This is not proof of where the child was born.
Case definately NOT closed.

Riddle me this FlyersFan...Wouldn't the natural question asked by either you or the horde of far right wing blogs that posted this case for Statute 338-17.8 be...When was it enacted???

I'll give you a hint...see the ACTUAL Statute and look at the enactment date! It follows the "L. (Enacted into Law)" in the statute

www.capitol.hawaii.gov...

1982! This statute wasn't even on the books until 19 years after he was born! It would not have had any bearing on his birth.

Not to mention his COB clearly states that he was born August 1st, 1961 at 7:24pm in the City of Honolulu, in Honolulu County on Ohau island in Hawaii!!

The question of when this statute was enacted is so obvious a question that I can't fathom it wasn't considered prior to this latest far right wing blog campaign and as I read through various responses on the right wing blogs...people pointed out that it was enacted in 1982...and yet the hatefest continued as if their posts didn't exist.

Agenda over facts. Why would our President elect waste his time engaging in honest dialouge with folks who have proven themselves REPEATEDLY and CONSISTENLY to not care about the truth what-so-ever....

He has shown his COB complete with the registrar's seal and signature...the most valid proof of citizenship any Hawaiin can obtain. If I was Obama I wouldn't offer these lieing lunatics the gum off the bottom of my shoe.

By the way Flyerfan- Some posters are simply uneducated on this issue, but I have posted in enough threads with you over this past campaign cycle to know that you do thorough although biased research. But so often, like here in this statute garbage, you trade honesty to serve some deeper dislike of Obama. Your honor isn't worth whatever feelings are driving you to post this dishonest garbage.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by maybereal11]

Edit to correct who I was addressing...to many posts to respond to

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
he is not required to release his Birth Certificate.

He's got to prove to someone that he's eligible to be POTUS.
No one in authority has said that they have seen the BC.
True - He's not required to release it.
But POTUS candidates aren't required to release medical info and they do.
And the American people have a right to know he is eligible.

You're assuming that he hasn't shown his BC because he's hiding something.

That's the only reason why he would keep it under lock and key. It would cost sooooooooo much less in legal fees for him just to reveal the damn thing. And he hasn't. Common sense = he is hiding something.

I say that maybe you should wait for a Court to decide that before claiming he's hiding something.

naaaaaaaaah ... I'll use common sense and assume that the lawyer/politician who is refusing to provide info is hiding something. If it turns out otherwise - then I'll say that he isn't. In this case, considering he's a politician and therefore a liar, he's guilty first IMHO.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Donofrio calls them out on errors in their reporting

And the people here had better read that one REAL carefully... Donofrio is not challenging Obama's birthplace. He's charging that even though Obama was born in Hawaii, he's STILL not a natural-born citizen! And he's using a Supreme Court ruling from 1875 or something.

It's being discussed starting here.

All of you who think the Supreme court is going to demand Obama's birth certificate should read it because you're going to be REALLY upset when the SC doesn't so much as ASK for his BC...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

That's the only reason why he would keep it under lock and key. It would cost sooooooooo much less in legal fees for him just to reveal the damn thing. And he hasn't. Common sense = he is hiding something.

...., he's guilty first IMHO.

First IMHO stands for "In My Honest Opinion"...Maybe you should just use IMO from now on. And as far as "guilty first" that should be your tagline for this debate.

As far as the rest...He hasn't expended a dime in legal fees...he has ignored these idiots because the courts (and rightly so) haven't seen any evidence worth hearing.

His COB has been seen by the world and validated by those who originated it. The document is the most valid form of identification available to our government.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
I'll give you a hint...see the ACTUAL Statute and look at the enactment date! It follows the "L. (Enacted into Law)" in the statute

www.capitol.hawaii.gov...

1982! This statute wasn't even on the books until 19 years after he was born! It would not have had any bearing on his birth.

BRAVO! For searching further and finding the truth! I wish I could Applaud you!

FF, do you have a comment on the fact that Hawaii Revised Statute 338-17.8 wasn't enacted when Obama was born?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

He's got to prove to someone that he's eligible to be POTUS.

If the any Court requests it of him, yes he's going to have to prove it to the Court.

No one in authority has requested him to show it.

But POTUS candidates aren't required to release medical info and they do.
And the American people have a right to know he is eligible.

I agree, and I honestly hope the Supreme Court will accept a case (Leo Donofrio's most likely), requests Obama to present his BC to the Court, and settle it once and for all.

That's the only reason why he would keep it under lock and key.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree and you can't say that for sure. That is your deduction.

naaaaaaaaah ... I'll use common sense and assume that the lawyer/politician who is refusing to provide info is hiding something.

Keyword assume. You (and anyone else) are free to assume whatever they so like, but proving... only someone with proper legal authority will do that.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think Adobe Photoshop should get the Presidential Seal of Approval for most effective use of a computer software product.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
I agree, and I honestly hope the Supreme Court will accept a case (Leo Donofrio's most likely), requests Obama to present his BC to the Court, and settle it once and for all.

I genuinely respect your opinions Danx..but I disagree here. People wait their entire lives to have cases heard before the supreme court. To entertain a case without merit just to quite the voices of those who have not only not presented a legitimate case, but have gone to great lengths to distort and alter evidence ....well I would not want the Supreme Court of the United States lowered to such tabloid spectacle.

That said I am 99% sure that all of these cases will be dismissed by any court with a critical eye...and the Supreme Court does not hear cases without merit...even with cases which have strong merit, they hear relatively few of thousands presented to them each year.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

While I'm curious about Obama's Birth Certificate and the real story behind it, I've got to agree with you. I'd like to see what would transpire with this case, but it has no merit, since it's dependent on the meaning of "natural-born citizen" and for many years, we've taken that to mean born on US soil. There are exclusions, but having a father being a Kenyan citizen isn't one of them.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Obama has been a Senator for 4 years, their campaign released a birth certificate, and Hawaii's Health Director issued a statement saying his original birth certificate is valid.

This is incorrect. The State of Hawaii released a Certificate of Live Birth and not a Birth Certificate.

There is a major difference. A COLB can be provided to immigrants who are not 'natural born' citizens.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
A COLB can be provided to immigrants who are not 'natural born' citizens.

Not before 1982.

A Few Posts up the Page.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join