It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All remotes have gone wonky...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77
Wow, I find that very intersting...but more than sure that there was no lightning yesterday or any day in the past moth at least!

Having said that, I did notice loads and loads of contrails yesterday...but please note, all who are reading this, I in no way intend to turn this thread into another contrail/chemtrail argument.

If possible, if anyone else were having troubles with their remote controles last night, could you perhaps state yo location/country and troubles experienced with your remotes.

Maybe, just maybe, we can contain it to a certain area and then come to some conclusion as to why these problems came about.

No, I said lighting, not lightning.
From what I've read on several sites, certain lighting, like incandescent and fluorescent lamps, can cause interference.
source 2

Like all lamps, fluorescent lamps emit not only visible light, but also a
variable amount of infrared (IR) emission. Modulated in a high frequency, this
infrared emission may disturb infrared remote controls as used for television sets,
audio and video transmission systems and data communication. This paper will look
into ways to avoid such possible interferences.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've read at least one electronics book that gives a guide for making a remote blocker as a prank can't remember all that much about it though except of course you needed an infra-red LED.

I am not saying that is what happened as something as simple as a jammed button on one of them could be causing the strange behaviour.

That being said I don't know an awful lot about what else might cause infra-red light so for all I know maybe something more sinister is occurring but I'd put my money on a temporarily stuck button.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Remotes work on IR light. If you have those new "twistie" type flourescent lamps near your equipment, they can interfere with the IR signal off of the remote.

Most newer devices include filter lenses in front of the IR detector to filter out the IR noise generated by these new flourescent lamps.

If it is not the batteries causing the problem, and you got these spiral twistie lights in the room, its more likely your equipment's IR detector is getting interference from the new style lights.

If you think someone is purposely trying to interfere with your IR remotes, grab a pair of IR goggles and look around for a very wide dispersed IR beam that is filling the entire room or pointing directly at your equipment.

But chances are...its those new style light bulbs.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

omg i had diarrhea today the NWO put something in my water.

Stop It.

Try some pepto, that might stop it. It's really good for diarhea.

Not one line.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wonder if this is resolved.

So as not to violate the rules.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
well all of them have been working fine since. Not that i fixed or changed anything.

Will keep an eye on them and return should the problem reappear!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join